Darth Vader based Negative effect team

Akster
571 posts Member
edited December 2015
Debuffing/causing DoTa in games is generally my favourite way of playing them, I love the feeling of simply applying effects onto an enemy and knowing that they are already dead as I casually walk away. With this in mind I really want to try building a negative effect team some day when I have the resources o do so. Currently the team would be something like this

Darth Vader -Leader with a huge 25% damage increase for empire characters, and an execute revolving around enemy debuffs
Sideous -applies 2 dots on enemy, so two bonuses to vaders execute
Grand Moff Tarkin -Applies between one and two debuffs, however I feel he may not be worth it if the enemy does not have rebel characters especially as all his other abilities are pitiful
Stormtrooper -Tank
Old Ben -His upgraded Jedi mind tricks applies so many good debuffs and blocks

Unfortunately Vader, Tarkin and Old Ben are difficult to star up and their lack of stats compared to a 7* may just be too much to bear. I cant find any stats on the stormtrooper online so I do not know how tanky he is, or how long he can keep his taunt up when you think of duration and cooldown. The only character here I really do not like very much is Tarkin but I cant think of a debuffing substitute, it will liekly be best to just replace him with a healer.

Does anyoen else have any thoughts on characters that would work well here or problems the team shall face? May be fun to run the team through some galaxy missions as a backup team at the very least just for fun.

Replies

• Tarkin is the first 4 star I pulled from a Chromium and I like him... but maybe that's just because my roster isn't large. Grip is definitely his best ability, but his AOE and basic are very respectable once upgraded.
  • Tarkin has an amazing basic attack... his debuff lasts 3 turns and his aoe is solid, next to Vader he would be a monster.

Drop the storm trooper and use Talia for another dot and some healing he is just going to die every time he taunts.

• HK47 and Old Ben also synergize well with Vader, as both have AoE rebuffs even though neither are Empire status.
  • I think Tarkin has one of the best basic attacks. If I remember correctly, it does 7% more damage for each living ally.
  • True, but even then his basic attack damage seems quite weak even with a 35% damage increase assuming all allies are alive, which is likely due to his abysmally low strength growth, as his primary stat is intelligence, seems like he would still hit weaker with bnasic attacks than others with better basic attacks that can stun, call for assists, attack a second time, heal the team etc. His AoE can be ok assuming you actually reduce someones turn metre, which is around 30% chance for each character, assumign they didnt resist it. Doesnt seem so bad especially if you have an empire synergy from vader. His intimidate is a much weaker Obi wan mind trick, but paired together they do increase the chance of inflicting offense down.

Stormtrooper seems easy to underestimate, but his abilities give him +75% defense, slightly less if not in a pure empire team. And thats just from his taunt and passive being at level one, they will probably increase with level. Havent found any information for him past lvl 1 abilities but he could become very strong.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Akster wrote: »
    True, but even then his basic attack damage seems quite weak even with a 35% damage increase assuming all allies are alive, which is likely due to his abysmally low strength growth, as his primary stat is intelligence, seems like he would still hit weaker with bnasic attacks than others with better basic attacks that can stun, call for assists, attack a second time, heal the team etc. His AoE can be ok assuming you actually reduce someones turn metre, which is around 30% chance for each character, assumign they didnt resist it. Doesnt seem so bad especially if you have an empire synergy from vader. His intimidate is a much weaker Obi wan mind trick, but paired together they do increase the chance of inflicting offense down.

Stormtrooper seems easy to underestimate, but his abilities give him +75% defense, slightly less if not in a pure empire team. And thats just from his taunt and passive being at level one, they will probably increase with level. Havent found any information for him past lvl 1 abilities but he could become very strong.
    I'm looking forward to seeing a decently upgraded empire squad with Vadar, Tarkin, Storm Trooper, Royal Guard, and either General Veers or Snow Trooper.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot