Next Major Update - PVP Tournaments...and more! ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Fury77 wrote: »
    heroes of Dragon age, CGS last (I think) developed mobile game

thank you, I saw it come up a few times in the forum and nothing came up on google.
  • I hope you will find a good way to balance the PVP tournament. P2W players have a huge advantage over this one it seems to me. PVP in Arena is ok for p2w and f2p users, but I think in some sort of turnamet p2w players will have a HUGE advantage...well...lets be surprised.
  • LordAlvert wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »
    No one suspects the new raid will come out around the same time we start leveling to 90?

Didn't the Rancor come out when we were leveling to 80?

I'm glad things are developing a little more slow and steady, and am looking forward to more new features!

As a side note, as the end-game players progress further and further into new features and whatnot, I hope measures are being taken to allow new players to catch up a little faster - this can all seem overwhelming at first, and when I try to get friends to join this game, they have to spend many months catching up to a reasonable point, and give up.

Friends don't let friends try mobile drugs.

BWAHAHAHAHA
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    what is HODA?

Yoda s older brother , no seriously heroes of dragon age.
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Anyone know when we're gonna get the update for these 2 things?
  • Next week, thursday or friday........before 1st of october
  • Xeriel
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It would be really cool to bring back Biggs synergy.. And some how the ship's power up AoE moves like Lando Phasma and Tarkin.. Those who ask for blasts from outside of the battle.. And then after the attack you see your ship fly by and go.. PEW PEW PEW! BERRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAWWWWR! PEW PEW PEW! RAAAAAAAABEEEERRRRAAAAAAH! ZIP! POP! BAZOOO!

...I assume.

Also to have PvP ship battles that compound your teams synergy and bonuses..

I'm excited :3

EDIT: And please don't make it so you use cantina energy :( maybe just Normal energy or its own.. But that sounds silly.
  • Did anyone noticed that Biggs' old description said ship synergy so that probably means that characters and ships might interact
  • I think your all completely wrong, and we're going to have to use credits to buy ship shards. Just another way to get annoyed at not having enough credits :neutral:
  • Hi all,

I'm appreciative of new content being added, I just hope that FTP players fairly new to the game, and that includes me, will also have a chance to get some fun with both PVP and Ships (whatever format they end up being). :)
    My roster is fairly limited (just got Lumi to 6* yesterday, that should tell you something) and I don't have the financial means to progress in the game any faster than I'm doing now.

Off-topic : do the offers I got when I started playing ever come back?
    The droid, Jedi etc etc packs?

• they do, they regularly run packs,
  • ddlooping wrote: »
    No, but the 1199 crystal packs come back at credit heist

Some of them do. I don't think the Dark Side Starter Pack (the one with Oppress, Dooku, or...... Ventress? I think?) comes back around, but the rest come when an event happens that requires them. The Jedi pack, specifically, comes around once a month when the Yoda event happens.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    ddlooping wrote: »

Some of them do. I don't think the Dark Side Starter Pack (the one with Oppress, Dooku, or...... Ventress? I think?) comes back around, but the rest come when an event happens that requires them. The Jedi pack, specifically, comes around once a month when the Yoda event happens.
    The dark side pack and droid pack never comes back
  • Dang, I missed out on the droid pack then. :(
    Well, I might splash out if the Jedi pack ever comes back.
  • PinkFloydTheBarber
    74 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dang, I missed out on the droid pack then. :(
    Well, I might splash out if the Jedi pack ever comes back.

Don't. Bundles are notorious for having a terrible return on investment.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The Jedi Bundle is too expensive for what it is.

But if the Rebel bundle comes back, that's worth getting. It was (pretty sure) $40 and gave Ackbar, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and a bunch of Rebel Luke shards, along with a million credits and 2000 crystals. The crystals are what bumped it up to being worth that pricetag.

Edit: Err, that said, it's your money so spend it however you want :P I'm on a budget, so I may have a different perspective than yours!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I hope they make ships fun instead of the grind I fear they will be.
  • I think your all completely wrong, and we're going to have to use credits to buy ship shards. Just another way to get annoyed at not having enough credits :neutral:

I wish! Credits now is much better than anything else as they fixed crunch with credit heist event.
  • Thanks for the advice about the bundles, I appreciate it. :)
  • IDobaFett
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Fury77 wrote: »
    will certainly have easter egg bonuses where 1 specific toon gets an insane bonus, like +1000% dmg.

Those were fun. For SWGOH, maybe not +1000%, but it would put focus on one synergy for a bit and it's counter.
  • How about fixing the broken toons 1st!
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    PvP tourney? Is this something like a buy in feature? If the rewards are sub-par I doubt anyone would want to participate in it.
    I have a hunch that they're going to put exclusive Tourney ONLY characters as rewards.

its 64 player brackets, 500 crystals entry

winner take all
  • Woofy_MC wrote: »
    I hope you will find a good way to balance the PVP tournament. P2W players have a huge advantage over this one it seems to me. PVP in Arena is ok for p2w and f2p users, but I think in some sort of turnamet p2w players will have a HUGE advantage...well...lets be surprised.

How dare those P2W people have advantage?

F2P should be on the same level as P2W.

Paying thousands of dollars should get you no advantage in all game modes.
  • Sometimes I really wonder why even try.. :|
    <sigh>[/quote

There is always the mostly silent majority that appreciate the effort the development team has put into this ever evolving game. Thank you for the information Bent.
  • Hobnob wrote: »
    Nerf ships

Lol. You said it first!
  • Hope this PVP tournament 6vs6 the strategy will be much different and new
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Ships had better not be tied to the tournament like people are assuming, I've no interest in this tournament thing. Since it has limited time runs I would guess that it allows for cross shard PVP which would mean it's mostly for the top 10 players across the shards who would actually get a real challenge out of PVP instead of just finishing top 10 on their shard everyday. And I'm fine with that, those players work hard on their teams to be top of leader board everyday it would be super exciting for them to have a challenging new aspect of the game.

Ships on the other hand should have their own game mode and not be tied to limited time tourneys. They should be for everybody who wants to play them, but hopefully not tied to dailies or anything for those who want to ignore ships.
  • Zyron
    135 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Am i the only one whos not much excited about the new update so far? Tournament with crystal refresh? Mah.. if it comes this week out or in 2 months.. i could not care less. Maybe the ships will cut it out. But what i was really looking forward to was the new raid but that's ,god knows for how long, on deley
This discussion has been closed.