who is viable at just 6, 5, or even 4 stars.

Just wondering, in your opinion, is there anyone you'd put in a pvp team at lower star levels.

Replies

• oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I run Qui Gon Jinn at 4 stars and he is pretty solid. His 75% bonus damage ally assist and buff removal are both great abilities regardless of his health/damage output. I also used Leia at 4* for a while but just replaced her because other damage dealers are a lot better at 5*+. Also, I use a 5* Poe because his turn 1 taunt/expose plus turn meter reduction is a staple at high level play, but he will be 7* soon.

But in my opinion not many characters will remain viable at max gear 70 if they aren't at least 6*. My biggest issue with lower star level characters is their lack of health.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Rey is pretty viable at 5 and 4 stars, Poe as well.
  • Obi-wan 4* with proper gears is a beast even against 7* teams due to his huge health and awesome special ability.

Vader 4/5* is ok too. Huge health and his ability block is very useful against Jedis.

The combo Vader's Force Crush + Ben's Mind Tricks allows Vader to choose who to kill with culling blades in 2nd round. Combined with Sidious's Demoralizing Blows Vader can have a critical damage over 10k in some cases.

Dooku is amazing with 4/5* and proper gears.

Barris 5* do her job too, but I don't use her in pvp.

Finn can do a good job too. Tank enough to be punished and has good damage + stun in special move.

Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • FO pilot is very viable at 4 stars and im using Gen soldier at 4 stars a well with 5 star Poe 7 star Phasma and 5 star daka

been in top 5 pvp for the last 4-5 days
  • oTradeMark wrote: »
    I run Qui Gon Jinn at 4 stars and he is pretty solid. His 75% bonus damage ally assist and buff removal are both great abilities regardless of his health/damage output. I also used Leia at 4* for a while but just replaced her because other damage dealers are a lot better at 5*+. Also, I use a 5* Poe because his turn 1 taunt/expose plus turn meter reduction is a staple at high level play, but he will be 7* soon.

But in my opinion not many characters will remain viable at max gear 70 if they aren't at least 6*. My biggest issue with lower star level characters is their lack of health.

Both Qui-Gon and Leia aren't viable with low star level against top teams. They can be swiped out easily. But with proper star level and gears, 2 beasts. Qui-Gon is probably the best character in the game.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Poggle is viable as long as he can give his buff 1st turn.
  • everyone answer correct!

Ben, buffers, poggle, debuffers: 3 or 4 stars OK!

AOE, hitters, tankers: 4 or 5 stars OK.

Jedi, assist hitters, leaders: must be 6 stars.

• I have Fives at 4 stars and maxed out gear and he is solid. Dooku is also solid at maxed gear and 4 stars given his counter ability but he can die pretty quickly if he gets focused on right away. I also have Poggle at 4 stars and top geared. As stated, he is good if he gets his ability off (basically not getting stunned right off the bat) but if not, he dies pretty quickly which is why I am going to work on getting him raised up. I have Lumi at 6 stars and she seems fine at 6 stars.

I'm not in the top section though as I am purely f2p and bounce around from just under 50 to 100 but I am going to be losing ground soon since I am focusing on getting new characters rather than my A team.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Some of the guys sharing their opinions and stating their Arena ranks without mentioning the average star/ level of the opponents aren't contributing anything concrete. Against 5~6 average stars, any good toon will be effective at 4~5 stars. No offense but adding the relevant information will make your contributions much more relevant.

Edit: lol, didn't share anything relevant myself. Fives at 5 stars, lvl VII gear is working wonderfully in my 7 star lvl 64 team against other 7 stars, lvl 64 teams. I reach upto top 10 fairly regularly, top 20 mostly. Top 50 today, got pushed to 59 today and I only use my 5 attacks every day. Used 4 as I couldn't reach top 20 using the last attack. Will use it before midnight to get a leg up tomorrow :smile:
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    4* ready heroes
    Old Ben - Level him, but dont put on any of his gear. Max out Mind Tricks and If You Strike Me Down.
    Poe - Level and gear him to max. Invest in Resistance Bravado.
    Barris Offee - Invest in all of her abilities.
    Clonewars Chewbacca - Invest in both of his specials.

- Pilot
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Heroes that fulfill their role without the need for high hp/attack.

1.Old Ben
    2. Poggle
    3. Poe
  • How viable are we talking? Top 200-500 many 4 star teams. Better than that though? Not many. I would say I would go Phasma, Vader, Lumi, Poe, FOTP for a viable 4* team to get you 200-500 arena.
  • Genosian Soldier hits harder at 4 then a lot of Attackers at higher star level, even without Offense Up.The Nightsister Innitiate is also good.