Decrypting the latest transmission

Replies

• The two groupings of three dots are not placeholders for letters, but just normal ellipsis. Note that they are spaced further out than the missing letters, and match the spacing of the ellipsis that finish "bring your strongest squad..."
  • when i first read it the first thing that popped into my head is your mission is to acquire the map
  • phammen11 wrote: »
    Your mission is to acquire Jar Jar!

Oh Dang!
  • 3 dots... Half-life 3 confirmed!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    The two groupings of three dots are not placeholders for letters, but just normal ellipsis. Note that they are spaced further out than the missing letters, and match the spacing of the ellipsis that finish "bring your strongest squad..."

Nice catch. Wonder why there's two sets then? Could possibly be human error on CG's part.
  • Chewiepower
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The two groupings of three dots are not placeholders for letters, but just normal ellipsis. Note that they are spaced further out than the missing letters, and match the spacing of the ellipsis that finish "bring your strongest squad..."

Well that does make sense, well then i am going to say that the message will complete to say "your mission is to acquire the plans to the death star" (or whatever it is referenced as before they have the plans.)
  • No

In German its two words, 5 letters each.
    So it wont be jar jar

Oh bollocks ...
  • well, since my game is in Portuguese, my message is in Portuguese. and it is "Su. mi...o é el...n.r ... ..."
    my first guess was "sua missão é eliminar ... ...", which means "your mission is to eliminate ... ..."
    with "acquire", I'm having trouble to find a word that fits in Portuguese. well, I may be wrong, but here's my contribution, an idea worth a thought
  • Kalano wrote: »
    No

So it wont be jar jar

If thats right, then it cant be a name ..
  • Kalano wrote: »
    No

So it wont be jar jar

And no placeholder, my dear Freund
  • ArglosH wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »
    No

So it wont be jar jar

If thats right, then it cant be a name ..

Maybe its RNGsus
  • Aero wrote: »
    Screenshot_20160927-140857.png

Given that Scarif is an Imperial planet, the intercepted transmission almost definitely comes from the Empire.

Assuming that each . is a letter, it surely translates to:

"Your mission is to acquire ... ..."

My first guess was "Your mission is to acquire Jyn Erso" but that is 1 too many letters.

This is for the new raid... ATATATATATATATATAT
  • Aero wrote: »

Nice catch. Wonder why there's two sets then? Could possibly be human error on CG's part.

great catch. Probably intentional.
  • The answer is (your mission is to achieve the top)
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    d.r.i.n.k.y.o.u.r.o.v.a.l.t.i.n.e

Ahahahaha lmao
  • "A new transmission from the tropical planet
    Scarif is being decrypted. Partial
    decryption available below:

Requesting assistance on Scarif. Bring your
    strongest squad...

FURTHER DECRYPTION UNDERWAY: Yo..
    Mi....n is t. ac..i.e ... ..."

That's what I got in my inbox
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    So 3 letter words in English that are 5 letter words in German.

So far I got
    Six -> Sechs
    but that doesn't make sense
  • Then it can't be the map because that's die karte in German
  • If it's an imperial transmission why would they ask you to get plans for something they already have
  • Nicely done. Don't forget the message was cut short, so don't get too hung up on how many letters at the end. So, my thoughts.

1) "Your mission is to acquire the Scariff Rebel Pathfinder." And they'll tell us where his shards will be located.

2) "Your mission is to acquire the secret Imperial plans." Rogue One is about obtaining the plans to the first Death Star. So why not. Perhaps something with ships involved here?

3) "... a team of Rebels..." Early return of EP event.

I wish!
  • Tanuki wrote: »
    If it's an imperial transmission why would they ask you to get plans for something they already have

Just because the message is from Scarif doesn't necessarily mean it's imperial. It could be rebels sending that message.
  • It could be OBI-WAN
  • Tanuki wrote: »
    If it's an imperial transmission why would they ask you to get plans for something they already have

So..they want something from me to aquire right?
  • Oh this is easy. Acquire the plans to the death star.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    Nicely done. Don't forget the message was cut short, so don't get too hung up on how many letters at the end. So, my thoughts.

1) "Your mission is to acquire the Scariff Rebel Pathfinder." And they'll tell us where his shards will be located.

2) "Your mission is to acquire the secret Imperial plans." Rogue One is about obtaining the plans to the first Death Star. So why not. Perhaps something with ships involved here?

3) "... a team of Rebels..." Early return of EP event.

This guy beat me to it.
  • Your mission is to acquire Obi Wan
  • NiTrOR1DeR
    3 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This Names like Obi wan r-2 d-2 are not possible!!
    In german i have 2* 5 points not 2*3
    In german i see also it must be a place or a thing or something not a person

Thread killer. We're done here folks.