Next Major Update - PVP Tournaments...and more! ***MEGATHREAD***

14567810Next

Replies

• Zyron wrote: »
    Am i the only one whos not much excited about the new update so far? Tournament with crystal refresh? Mah.. if it comes this week out or in 2 months.. i could not care less. Maybe the ships will cut it out. But what i was really looking forward to was the new raid but that's ,god knows for how long, on deley

I love ships news. At least if they are better then to kick one big pile of bantha poodoo...
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Cant wait to 1-hit all those maxed Tie-Fighters with my Rey! :tongue:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »
    Cant wait to 1-hit all those maxed Death Stars with my Rey! :tongue:
    fyp
  • Winstar wrote: »
    what is HODA?

Isn't she on daytime television?
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    PvP tourney? Is this something like a buy in feature? If the rewards are sub-par I doubt anyone would want to participate in it.
    I have a hunch that they're going to put exclusive Tourney ONLY characters as rewards.

its 64 player brackets, 500 crystals entry

winner take all

500 crystal entry?! Only whales would play this tournament then lol... Even though i'm p2p, those 500 crystals would be a waste in a tournament i probably won't win rewards worth 500 crystals. But i guess the first time will be free and then refresh by diamonds, something like that.

PS: It's unfair to have 'ships' only attached to pilot toons and stuff, since Anakin is the best pilot in the galaxy (most of the time, then Luke showed up) he should be able to use a ship and kick ****, same with Luke.
  • I hope that somehow they make it so everybody starts on an equal level with the Ships thing.
    I doubt it'll be the case though and players who started playing the game early will have a significant advantage as it's always the case. :neutral:
  • Just don't make ships another huge gear grind putting us further behind on gear than we already are.

That said, I'm going into this with about as much hope as those Jedi younglings had...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Ciootky
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Have anyone seen the last message in inbox?
    It sais: Yo.. Mi....n is t. ac..i.e ... ...
    My guess: Your Mission is to acquire ... ..., thats as far as ive got. Any guesses?
  • DarthPhelps
    209 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Your Mission is to....acquire maybe?
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Yeah i've quessed that, i wonder what those last ... ... mean
  • CapnnRex wrote: »
    PVP is the thing I like the least in any game. I have never understood why people like it so much. I am sure I will try it but I doubt I will really care much about it. More intrigued with the ships thing. I want a new raid and any new char in GW shipments.

Care Bear!
  • How is PVP different than Squad Arena, or is it the same, just in a new venue?
  • After not investing heavily in mods day 1, I think it might be a good idea to go all in when ships come out before they fix the cluster that this release is no doubt going to create.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Just don't make ships another huge gear grind putting us further behind on gear than we already are.

That said, I'm going into this with about as much hope as those Jedi younglings had...

Agreed, don't make it "ship shards" or anything like that. Ships should unlock for missions completed (simple mission = Z-95 Headhunter, hard mission = X-wing/B-wing/TIE Interceptor and impossible mission = Millenium Falcon/Slave I, something like that). Bonus items per ship could be purchased or won.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Yeah, "your mission is to acquire the ..." box, toy, hat, car, bib, gum... some other 3 letter word.
  • Will the Power Rating of the Tournament Team used affect the difficulty of Galactic War?
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Hobnob wrote: »
    Nerf ships

Lol
  • DoomeyEyes wrote: »
    Yeah, "your mission is to acquire the ..." box, toy, hat, car, bib, gum... some other 3 letter word.

They said in the Update announcement that the tournament would give a new character related to Rogue One. Safe bet is that the "... ..." In the message winds up being the name of that character.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ships need to be a grind stop asking for them not to be. Look at it from other perspectives, the devs want money and if its a grind people will buy the real money bundles to save on time. People like myself who are super excited for ships are willing to grind for ship shards and gear, because it's what we've been waiting for. It would be unfair if the thing ship lovers have been waiting for turned out to be a simple do this for this ship and then everybody does it and has the ship.

People ask for easier grinds for characters like Grievous, Hoth Soldier, and other characters not tied to GW/Cantina/Arena shipments. And do you know what they're told by players who did the grind? That it would be unfair if something they grinded for was just handed out to everybody else. This applies to ships as well, for those of us wanting ships and to be the best pilots of ship arena, it would be super lame and unfair if they were just handed out. And it's not going to put anyone further behind on gear if they don't want to be. Believe it or not you don't have to be the best at or even just play every aspect of the game.
  • Bail_Writte
    200 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I thought it was "your mission is to aquire the PvP "

• Aquire the map.
  • "Your mission to acquire Jar Jar"
This discussion has been closed.