Farming Cantina characters ? Let's figure how long it takes !

Hey Guys,

I set up a little tool, based on average probabilities found by players (and consolidated by myself) :
- select your battle stage (thus a character),
- tell how many shards you have,
- where you want to go,
- profit !

here it is : http://www.crouchingrancor.com/cantina-farming-planner-tool/

Replies

• Cool B)
    Thanks, RancorRider, both for taking the time to make this tool and for sharing it. :)
  • Very cool tool. I currently use an excel spreadsheet to forecast all my shard farming (including the Hard and Cantina Battles shards I'm doing based on trends)

Are you working a similar tool for Arena Shipments?
  • I haven't planned anything around arena shipments. It's pretty simple to figure out.

That also means it's a simpler tool to set up... Why not. I need to think about it :)
  • Awesome, thanks. Unfortunately, I just learned that I will not have my Jedi at 7* for the next Yoda event. 13 days away, and I'm likely 20 days from getting there. I guess that means I can focus some energy into mod farming as well then. :)
  • evanbio wrote: »
    Awesome, thanks. Unfortunately, I just learned that I will not have my Jedi at 7* for the next Yoda event. 13 days away, and I'm likely 20 days from getting there. I guess that means I can focus some energy into mod farming as well then. :)

If i was that close, i would spend some crystals to farm a little quicker. im mainly F2P but do get a little impatient.
  • Based on the calculator, it seems like using a lower cost node to farm a character will always get you shards faster, but fewer credits and fewer cantina character shards.

Taking my 5* Luke to 7* via the 8 energy node gets him there in 26 days (assuming no refreshes), and earns 523k credits and 85 cantina character shards.

Taking my 5* Luke to 7* via the 12 energy node gets him there in 39 days (again, assuming no refreshes), and earns 2.3M credits and 135 cantina character shards.

I always assumed that the higher energy nodes had a higher shard drop rate, but I guess that's wrong?
  • Davpar wrote: »
    Based on the calculator, it seems like using a lower cost node to farm a character will always get you shards faster, but fewer credits and fewer cantina character shards.

Taking my 5* Luke to 7* via the 8 energy node gets him there in 26 days (assuming no refreshes), and earns 523k credits and 85 cantina character shards.

Taking my 5* Luke to 7* via the 12 energy node gets him there in 39 days (again, assuming no refreshes), and earns 2.3M credits and 135 cantina character shards.

I always assumed that the higher energy nodes had a higher shard drop rate, but I guess that's wrong?

I'm keeping tabs of my shard drops in cantina for a few months now. I'm standing at 33% drop rate after almost 2000 attempts. (it went slightly below 32%, then went back up again).

As far as I can see, the drop rate is the same one, whatever the energy cost.
  • This is interesting. Thank you!
  • to OP: Nice tool, thanks for creating it. I have trouble selecting the "battle stage" while on iOS using the browser built into LINE... I get the popup showing the toons in 6-12, for example, but can't change the selection. Thanks!
    Guild: OuterRimJob
    Ally code: 339-952-973