What's the best thing you get from this game besides fun

3Edward9
486 posts Member
edited September 2016
A game is a game. No more, no less.

I started to play from day one when I saw it in the App store nine or ten months ago.

My wife was **** because I have spent a few hundred on this game. I also realised that I have overspent on a single game. Besides, it has kept me occupied for hours everyday.

So I started to wonder whether the fun from this game was worthy of the time and money I have spent on it until I got the following test result:

GFZNUD7.png

This is my PTE Academic test report and its results are equivalent to Cambridge IELTS two 8.0 and two 9.0 which is more than enough to get you an offer from some top universities and to enable you to immigrate to a English speaking country you really like.

I didn't practice on my writing, however, I did post 40 threads before I took the test and I believe they actually helped me get full marks in the writing section.

I will keep playing this game as long as I can but I do hope we can eventually trade our collections and some rare in game stuff for $ between players. Transferability and realizability will make this game more appealing. Otherwise, at some future date when I have to put my iPad down, my unique collections will die with it.

Replies

• I enjoy when i lose to a squad in arena every now and then. It makes me wanna rematch them over and over. Pretty soon I will learn, adjust, adapt my squad and strategy in a way that overcomes them. I get a lot of satisfaction from overcoming the odds.

Besides arena, the rest of the game is pretty bland tbh lol. Pls upgrade our daily arena attempts from 5 to 10, it will encourage more rank 50+ players to climb to top 20-10 everyday and play with us:)

Much love,
    Mullato
  • I like the forums
  • I enjoy the grind of games such as swgoh. Working in a toon until they are maxed across the board. I miss FF VII.
  • I'm not sure how much fun I'm having in the game lately... more annoyances and more aggravations:
    1. The one shot kill meta that protection was supposed to solve is back and worse than ever. Maybe we all need hoth rebel jackets for more insulation on our toons?
    2. Battling against whales that endlessly buy mods is ridiculous; our whale has 26 speed arrows with a speed of 30 and 80 other mods that have a speed higher than 5 (6 and above). That's supposed to be fun for me?
    3. The raid is so boring at this point and now we're hearing about PvP tournaments (see my #2) instead of the new raid.
    4. While I really do appreciate the influx of credits I really don't enjoy how they did it; getting the equivalent of a weeks worth of credits and droids in 5 minutes makes no sense to me whatsoever. That stuff should be spread across the daily grind.

I do enjoy my guildees though and enjoy a few times a day where I can spend some mindless time :)
  • trade? i doubt they will arrive sooner or later, one see it as tool for exploit.(let alone auction like in the mmorpgs)
    even sending energy to ally list is not even here( a very basic feature on any f2p model anywhere)
    pardon for my little intrusion
    the cake is a lie
  • I Love Star Wars & have since I saw A New Hope in the cinemas at very young age.
    I grew up as an avid fan & know these characters I am constantly grinding for in this game intimately.
    They carry a nostalgia that, for me, gives me a greater connection to the game.
    That being said, I really enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when Lvling my toons, especially when I enhance a partner in a synergy set.
  • I like collecting new toons...but it's been far too long since we've had popular toons with names...a random rebel? Dengar was great but we need more like him. I'm eagerly awaiting Rogue One toons or R2 or anyone really with a name.
  • I like the forums

Me too...but my 3500+ posts probably make that obvious. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 3Edward9 wrote: »
    A game is a game. No more, no less.

I started to play from day one when I saw it in the App store nine or ten months ago.

My wife was **** because I have spent a few hundred on this game. I also realised that I have overspent on a single game. Besides, it has kept me occupied for hours everyday.

So I started to wonder whether the fun from this game was worthy of the time and money I have spent on it until I got the following test result:

GFZNUD7.png

This is my PTE Academic test report and its results are equivalent to Cambridge IELTS two 8.0 and two 9.0 which is more than enough to get you an offer from some top universities and to enable you to immigrate to a English speaking country you really like.

I didn't practice on my writing, however, I did post 40 threads before I took the test and I believe they actually helped me get full marks in the writing section.

I will keep playing this game as long as I can but I do hope we can eventually trade our collections and some rare in game stuff for $ between players. Transferability and realizability will make this game more appealing. Otherwise, at some future date when I have to put my iPad down, my unique collections will die with it.

I have gain a newfound sense of blinding rage I have never had before. This usually results from the awfulness of RNG and whales.
  • I enjoy being naffed off with how unbalanced the game is and moaning about it endl3ssly on the forums... I also enjoy rereading me owning certain players in forum spats... I also enjoy.... Waking up at rank 22 with my team that got nerfed into the ground. I also enjoy watching people defend the meta on the forums by calling people cry babies. I really enjoy farming characters no one else bothers with to confirm that they are junk. I love that while my misses is cooking dinner I am busy playing a game I am hooked on and the look on her face that says "your pathetic, get a life hobo and do some house work". I love spending hard cash on crystals and watching them dissapear into a vacuum of dispair.
  • I enjoy being naffed off with how unbalanced the game is and moaning about it endl3ssly on the forums... I also enjoy rereading me owning certain players in forum spats... I also enjoy.... Waking up at rank 22 with my team that got nerfed into the ground. I also enjoy watching people defend the meta on the forums by calling people cry babies. I really enjoy farming characters no one else bothers with to confirm that they are junk. I love that while my misses is cooking dinner I am busy playing a game I am hooked on and the look on her face that says "your pathetic, get a life hobo and do some house work". I love spending hard cash on crystals and watching them dissapear into a vacuum of dispair.

Eloquently put, and sad but true.

I personally cherish those rare moments where i can click 'craft' and fill another gear slot. Im on top of the world at moments like that. Just need a few furnaces till that will happen again...

I personally cherish those rare moments where i can click 'craft' and fill another gear slot. Im on top of the world at moments like that. Just need a few furnaces till that will happen again...

Hey,

I like you
  • Spending my Credit Heist funds. The credit burst usually results in noticeable team changes.
  • I love AOE blasting arena teams to smithereens with Wiggs/Lando/Rey/GS only to turn around in the next arena battle and get my butt wooped by a crazy whale droid/JE team hopped up on speed mods and acting all crazy and whatnot.. then sitting back and LOLOLOLing as I get 1 attack in before getting obliterated. Feast or famine, prey or carrion, OP and riding high or What the flip just happened...
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I enjoy being naffed off with how unbalanced the game is and moaning about it endl3ssly on the forums... I also enjoy rereading me owning certain players in forum spats... I also enjoy.... Waking up at rank 22 with my team that got nerfed into the ground. I also enjoy watching people defend the meta on the forums by calling people cry babies. I really enjoy farming characters no one else bothers with to confirm that they are junk. I love that while my misses is cooking dinner I am busy playing a game I am hooked on and the look on her face that says "your pathetic, get a life hobo and do some house work". I love spending hard cash on crystals and watching them dissapear into a vacuum of dispair.

Craft > Equip > Upgrade!
    Best feeling in the game :smile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Craft > Equip > Upgrade!
    Best feeling in the game :smile:

Oh yes. That s goosebumps. Guaranteed.
  • im still having fun.

i just wish mods wernt rng pieves of garbage. Whats that? Someone has 5 +12 speed mores and a +30 arrow? Here is 10 mods that dont have anything on them, and these 2 that you did get after a week of RNG only go up to 4 bonus speed. Kthx.

I actually liked this game 100x more when gear made characters strong and not this mod ****. Back when, as a f2p, i didnt feel remotely left behind if i stuck to my grind and chose my characters wisely. Devs even stated mods are there to throw a wrench into our farming and I really just dont like it.

I dont like it so much, in fact, I am designing my own game right now. Hurray for being a programmer.
  • I get satisfaction like no other known to man from farming stun cuffs, I don't care that it's going to take me 72 days to finish Ugnaughts gear
  • I visited the home city of a fellow guild mate and while we didn't meet in real life, he sent me about 20 different things to do, see, eat, etc that only a local would know. Made it such an unforgettable experience, and wouldn't have those memories without first forming the friendship.

Guilds are hands down the best part of this game, and the only reason me and many others endure the bug infested updates, comically bad character balance, etc.
  • I visited the home city of a fellow guild mate and while we didn't meet in real life, he sent me about 20 different things to do, see, eat, etc that only a local would know. Made it such an unforgettable experience, and wouldn't have those memories without first forming the friendship.

Guilds are hands down the best part of this game, and the only reason me and many others endure the bug infested updates, comically bad character balance, etc.

Sounds like a really nice experience!
  • Patient, a lot of patient when u see how anakin one shot ur entire team :D
  • I agree with guilds, I just wish I took the time to ask the active players in my old guild for their Facebook handles before switching. The ones I've been a part of so far have all been pretty cool.

And there's that sense of achievement when you get that final star or piece of gear on that toon you've been working on over the past month. Or better, that squad you've been assembling over the past three. It feels more rewarding when you get there without caving in and spending a single penny too. That said, I wouldn't do all that without the Star Wars backdrop.

Finally, the positive direction this game finally started taking and the release of events keeps this game fresh (or enough for something I don't sink more than a couple of hours a day into).
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Okay! So this is how we judge the level of proficiency in computerized test. Also heard about one of the famous ielts chandigarh providing Pearson test software just like in real exam. Timers are exact and even the modules run in the same way. Their approach is positive and genuine. Also students are given utmost attention and guidance.
  • My like of this game? Fun.
    Enjoying the challege of being free to play.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Necro by a bot aside...interesting read.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH