Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Atlas1 wrote: »
    I'm really hoping tie pilot is a hard hitting DPS toon. Empire needs that.

Guess this means tie fighter will be first ship we'll receive.
  • New pilot hero!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Will you fight players on your own shards, or all players?
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Will you fight players on your own shards, or all players?

Good question...
  • question
    is it able to join multiple tournament tier?...by single player
    is it able to join low level tier with maxed toon?(in tournament their stat auto delevel with current tier)
    is mod stat added into play?
    the cake is a lie
  • question
    is it able to join multiple tournament tier?...by single player
    is it able to join low level tier with maxed toon?(in tournament their stat auto delevel with current tier)
    is mod stat added into play?

Another good question... would be fun to enter my level 40 toons into a level 40 tournament....
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon thanks for the update info! Just wondering - why introduce GSpy into cantina nodes? We really need toons in GW, arena and cantina shipments. Any particular reasoning behind this? Anyways, thanks again! Looking forward to the new mode!

It's the only way to keep the whales from rioting. Put every premium character in cantina nodes so F2P players have to make a difficult choice. Very smart on CG's part.
    Sadly this trend makes it pretty obvious that aurodium characters are NOT worth the cost at all. GSpy was literally the last aurodium introduced and he's already being made F2P :confused:

At least it's GSpy and not SF or Rex...whales would flip.

They didn't put SF or Rex in cantina because they are both going to GW shipments next week.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon thanks for the update info! Just wondering - why introduce GSpy into cantina nodes? We really need toons in GW, arena and cantina shipments. Any particular reasoning behind this? Anyways, thanks again! Looking forward to the new mode!

It's the only way to keep the whales from rioting. Put every premium character in cantina nodes so F2P players have to make a difficult choice. Very smart on CG's part.
    Sadly this trend makes it pretty obvious that aurodium characters are NOT worth the cost at all. GSpy was literally the last aurodium introduced and he's already being made F2P :confused:

At least it's GSpy and not SF or Rex...whales would flip.

They didn't put SF or Rex in cantina because they are both going to GW shipments next week.

i heard they are getting rid of Rex and Sun Fac
  • So I get that they add the latest ptp toons to cantina. But at least give is some of the older ptp in GW. Also gear in GW shipments would be fine. Now I have no other choice but to farm grievous.
  • we definitely need some more characters in galatic/cantina/arena or at least a way to put the tokens to use.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Will you fight players on your own shards, or all players?

Good question...
    Does it matter? As long as it's AI controlled it's fixed.
  • YubNub81
    148 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    nevermind
  • When are parts of this patch going live? I'm so confused why they do patches like this.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon

Cool updates, can't wait for the tournament.

I do have a question that I've asked a couple times but never noticed a response. Are you able to elaborate on EA's strategy and price-point related to purchase-only characters? I feel like a change is coming because newer purchase-only characters continue to be released and we have not yet seen a new Chromium or Aurodium character released for a while now. Is something being changed to the release of premium characters? Should we be expecting more characters to be released or is there an upcoming change in strategy from what's been done in the past?

FYI - The "quality of life" changes are really nice by-the-way, thanks for those too!
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited September 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon Thanks for the update! Awesome stuff you guys are rolling out.

Like @Scorn969 said above, If ST Han is taunting under a Teebo Lead, there is a chance he gains stealth during his turn while taunting. Does gaining stealth remove the taunt, or are active taunters immune from the stealth buff?
    Hiya!
    Both effects will be active, but Taunt will override the Stealth. So technically people can target a target if they have both taunt and stealth up.

Post edited by Kozispoon on
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • No iOS 10 SWGOH game freeze fix?! Bummed
  • Kozispoon
    @CG_Kozispoon

I do have a question that I've asked a couple times but never noticed a response. Are you able to elaborate on EA's strategy and price-point related to purchase-only characters? I feel like a change is coming because newer purchase-only characters continue to be released and we have not yet seen a new Chromium or Aurodium character released for a while now. Is something being changed to the release of premium characters? Should we be expecting more characters to be released or is there an upcoming change in strategy from what's been done in the past?

FYI - The "quality of life" changes are really nice by-the-way, thanks for those too!
    Hey there @Darth_Jay77
    We will continue to release new characters through the Chromium pack where appropriate, but we'll also begin to showcase new characters in other areas of the game, for instance as rewards in the upcoming PVP Squad Tournaments.

• This might be noob question but is it your account level or each individual hero level. I'm a level 80 but don't have any level 80 heroes yet highest is 78?
  • Kozispoon
    Starki11er wrote: »
    No iOS 10 SWGOH game freeze fix?! Bummed

If you're experiencing some sticky in game business you may think is a bug, please detail that issue via a post over to the Bugs and Issues section for me to get my peep on. Cheers!
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon

Hey there @Darth_Jay77
    We will continue to release new characters through the Chromium pack where appropriate, but we'll also begin to showcase new characters in other areas of the game, for instance as rewards in the upcoming PVP Squad Tournaments.

Nice, thanks for your time @CG_Kozispoon ! - J
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    There's been a thread in the bugs section for weeks and it was supposedly passed on to the devs but for weeks now our game still freezes after being paused. No word from anyone.
    Starki11er wrote: »
    No iOS 10 SWGOH game freeze fix?! Bummed

If you're experiencing some sticky in game business you may think is a bug, please detail that issue via a post over to the Bugs and Issues section for me to get my peep on. Cheers!

• @CG_Kozispoon

Hey there @Darth_Jay77

@CG_Kozispoon i m glad u said this
    Can we know how long does the tournaments lasts?
    Also.....what are the rewards?

As for galatic war shipments......when a new a character will be added? And if ....will Scarif Pathfinder will be added there?
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This is coming from someone who spent money and has a diverse roster. I spent money on my roster and so I perform better than f2p. That is where the p2w comes in the game. Why must we add a large amount of p2w to be better in this tournament refreshing your already larger roster than the f2p teams. We are going to create yet again a larger rift between p2w and f2p, and that is unhealthy for the game. Please, i beg you developers, do not have refreshes on characters in Tournament
    Post edited by Khorvog_Karbossa on
  • @CG_Kozispoon will the pvp tournament rewards be different for each bracket?

Eg:

Lvl 70-79 bracket winner gets X shards of jar jar
    Lvl 80, power level 35-38k winner gets X+1 shards of jar jar
    Lvl 80, power level 39-42k winner gets X+2 shards of jar jar
    Etc...

Or would the winners of ever bracket be given the same rewards?

my hope is the former, where higher brackets receive better rewards, since you face stiffer competition. Otherwise you essentially punish players who have progressed farther in the game.

Thanks for your comments
  • Tournament refreshes will be a new method for whales to obtain exclusive paid characters.

If you are a light spender wait for ships. These tournaments are not for us.

This is simply pure pay to win.
  • This is coming from someone who spent money and has a diverse roster. I spent money on my roster and so I perform better than f2p. That is where the p2w comes in the game. Why must we add a large amount of p2w to be better in this tournament refreshing your already larger roster than the f2p teams. We are going to create yet again a larger rift between p2w and f2p, and that is unhealthy for the game. Please, i beg you developers, do not have refreshes on characters in Tournament

They are pitting people with similar max level squads against each other. In other words it'll be whales vs whales. It'll be ugly at that top tier of competition.

• If you are a light spender wait for ships.

I have to admire your optimism.

Ships will be the ultimate money machine.

• Does not look like you "have" to participate in the PVP thing. That meaning part of daily achievements, etc. I will pass on the PVP thing. No desire. And that's coming from someone who has 20 plus level 80's, 10 of which are gear 9 or higher. Just no desire in PVP. I say "PASS"
  • Jesus, just play the **** thing and do your best. So what if you don't get first place? Fight and win and take your prize and quit complaining about every little thing, God...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
This discussion has been closed.