Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• @CG_Kozispoon so excited for this update!! What time will it be rolling out?
  • DrNocard wrote: »
    This is coming from someone who spent money and has a diverse roster. I spent money on my roster and so I perform better than f2p. That is where the p2w comes in the game. Why must we add a large amount of p2w to be better in this tournament refreshing your already larger roster than the f2p teams. We are going to create yet again a larger rift between p2w and f2p, and that is unhealthy for the game. Please, i beg you developers, do not have refreshes on characters in Tournament

They are pitting people with similar max level squads against each other. In other words it'll be whales vs whales. It'll be ugly at that top tier of competition.

Except not, because i am done spending, and have a 39k squad, in top 10 daily. So ill be in that top tier with whales. how will i compete with them though, when they will be spending tons of crystals
  • F2P toons can get just as much power as chromium only ones. QGJ, Ani, Lando, 86. 4 very common F2P that all go to G11. Then there's FOTP, Luke, plus probably a couple other lesser used ones.

In fact most chromium only toons get to G10, other than Rex. Using the top squad as a basis for where to place players won't thin out the whales from the others. They need to look at the roster as a whole.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Jesus, just play the **** thing and do your best. So what if you don't get first place? Fight and win and take your prize and quit complaining about every little thing, God...

if-you-ain-t-first-you-re-last-2.png
    This is coming from someone who spent money and has a diverse roster. I spent money on my roster and so I perform better than f2p. That is where the p2w comes in the game. Why must we add a large amount of p2w to be better in this tournament refreshing your already larger roster than the f2p teams. We are going to create yet again a larger rift between p2w and f2p, and that is unhealthy for the game. Please, i beg you developers, do not have refreshes on characters in Tournament

They are pitting people with similar max level squads against each other. In other words it'll be whales vs whales. It'll be ugly at that top tier of competition.

Except not, because i am done spending, and have a 39k squad, in top 10 daily. So ill be in that top tier with whales. how will i compete with them though, when they will be spending tons of crystals

Yeah. Your prize payout will probably still he higher than other tiers. Stop complaining.
  • It's a shame. Means doing well means absolutely nothing except for what rewards you get. So all it really is is a verson of the auridium pack.
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    game just doesnt start since the update... Great. It stucks at CG logo.
    edit: looks like deleting game data fixed it.
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    DrNocard wrote: »

Yeah. Your prize payout will probably still he higher than other tiers. Stop complaining.

thanks for the wonderful contribution, keep it up! love you! :smile:

• If you are a light spender wait for ships.

I have to admire your optimism.

Ships will be the ultimate money machine.

I couldn't agree more. Both will be for big spenders.

Asking them to not add an option so they make less money is going to go unanswered.

F2p will fall behind. Then they will stop playing as much. Whales will then get bored. Such is the "free" game cycle.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Jesus, just play the **** thing and do your best. So what if you don't get first place? Fight and win and take your prize and quit complaining about every little thing, God...

if-you-ain-t-first-you-re-last-2.png
    That ain't true! You can be second, third, fourth... Hell, y'all can even be fifth!

....Man , I love that movie.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • You can update manually already, but atm there are only sorting changes, timer under the event button and a lock uppeared on ships table near the Hutt.
  • Olle wrote: »

If you are a light spender wait for ships.

I have to admire your optimism.

Ships will be the ultimate money machine.

I couldn't agree more. Both will be for big spenders.

Asking them to not add an option so they make less money is going to go unanswered.

F2p will fall behind. Then they will stop playing as much. Whales will then get bored. Such is the "free" game cycle.

greed consumes EA right now
  • Meerava wrote: »
    F2P toons can get just as much power as chromium only ones. QGJ, Ani, Lando, 86. 4 very common F2P that all go to G11. Then there's FOTP, Luke, plus probably a couple other lesser used ones.

In fact most chromium only toons get to G10, other than Rex. Using the top squad as a basis for where to place players won't thin out the whales from the others. They need to look at the roster as a whole.

Max gear level ability has nothing to do with how good a toon is. FOST and Chewie can hit g11, but SF can only get g10. Do you think FOST or Chewie are better than SF?
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
    @CG_Kozispoon will the pvp tournament rewards be different for each bracket?

Eg:

Lvl 70-79 bracket winner gets X shards of jar jar
    Lvl 80, power level 35-38k winner gets X+1 shards of jar jar
    Lvl 80, power level 39-42k winner gets X+2 shards of jar jar
    Etc...

Or would the winners of ever bracket be given the same rewards?

my hope is the former, where higher brackets receive better rewards, since you face stiffer competition. Otherwise you essentially punish players who have progressed farther in the game.

Thanks for your comments

It appears that higher-level players get better rewards: "The rewards scale based on the players level grouping."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    “I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt, cause it says, like, I want to be formal but I want to party too. Cause I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party.” — Cal Naughton Jr.
    Save water, drink champagne!

Grats on making a whiner thread cutie pie.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Cashavelli wrote: »

“You’ve gotta cross over the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore.” — Cal Naughton Jr.

Suck it up and get ready for Mortal Kombat!!!! Oops wrong game Star Wars tournaments
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon thanks for the update info! Just wondering - why introduce GSpy into cantina nodes? We really need toons in GW, arena and cantina shipments. Any particular reasoning behind this? Anyways, thanks again! Looking forward to the new mode!

It's the only way to keep the whales from rioting. Put every premium character in cantina nodes so F2P players have to make a difficult choice. Very smart on CG's part.
    Sadly this trend makes it pretty obvious that aurodium characters are NOT worth the cost at all. GSpy was literally the last aurodium introduced and he's already being made F2P :confused:

At least it's GSpy and not SF or Rex...whales would flip.

They didn't put SF or Rex in cantina because they are both going to GW shipments next week.

One can only dream
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    It's a shame. Means doing well means absolutely nothing except for what rewards you get. So all it really is is a verson of the auridium pack.

That is exactly what it is. Another method to get us to spend money on exclusive characters. And by exclusive I mean only exclusive for a month until they release him to f2p :) Or, even worse, make him F2P right away.

If you think about it, what good is farming hard for a character that will be a 5* and not possible to get to a 7* without more shards? So, unless they just want to upset everyone, they have to offer a way to get more shards of a character. Hopefully it isn't selling us more packs....

As far as the OP is concerned, come on man. They aren't about to do all this development and testing to not make money on it. Not everything in this world is free my friend.
  • Ace97302 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon will the pvp tournament rewards be different for each bracket?

Eg:

Lvl 70-79 bracket winner gets X shards of jar jar
    Lvl 80, power level 35-38k winner gets X+1 shards of jar jar
    Lvl 80, power level 39-42k winner gets X+2 shards of jar jar
    Etc...

Or would the winners of ever bracket be given the same rewards?

my hope is the former, where higher brackets receive better rewards, since you face stiffer competition. Otherwise you essentially punish players who have progressed farther in the game.

Thanks for your comments

It appears that higher-level players get better rewards: "The rewards scale based on the players level grouping."

Thanks. I fail at reading comprehension.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    As far as the OP is concerned, come on man. They aren't about to do all this development and testing to not make money on it. Not everything in this world is free my friend.

Except we already spent our money and are spending our money on our characters and larger rosters.

as my guildmate stated to me just a few minutes ago, put it this way

We are placed according to arena power
    so one f2p person has an amazing 40k team, and everyone else on the roster is trash
    a whale has enough for 3 great teams. he has a 3x advantage already

add refresh, this whale will have a 6x advantage
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    "My teacher asked me what was the capital of North Carolina. I said Washington D.C. She said No. You’re wrong. And I said well you got a lumpy butt. Then I peed in my pants" — Texas Ranger
  • So @CG_Kozispoon, most of us have had all toons in GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months. Yet, we receive Gspy on a cantina node, after we just received Kit Fisto, Aayla, B2, Wedge and mods that all consume the same type of energy. Is there any chance we will ever get new characters somewhere other than cantina nodes?

Other than that, thanks for the new material!

Except we already spent our money and are spending our money on our characters and larger rosters.

so one f2p person has an amazing 40k team, and everyone else on the roster is trash

Then spend money to compete... you would lose to him with refresh or without refresh... so I am not sure why you are complaining.
  • So @CG_Kozispoon, most of us have had all toons in GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months. Yet, we receive Gspy on a cantina node, after we just received Kit Fisto, Aayla, B2, Wedge and mods that all consume the same type of energy. Is there any chance we will ever get new characters somewhere other than cantina nodes?

"Most of us have had all toons on GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months."

Dude, how clueless are you? Less than 5% of players can say this. Not everyone is a whale or as dedicated to this game as you are.
  • Sort by type!!! thank you ♥ Finally I can see what I've got :smile:

They really want us to expand our rosters. But the really don't want us to expand our rosters, without paying more.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    @CG_Kozispoon Thanks for the update! Awesome stuff you guys are rolling out.

Like @Scorn969 said above, If ST Han is taunting under a Teebo Lead, there is a chance he gains stealth during his turn while taunting. Does gaining stealth remove the taunt, or are active taunters immune from the stealth buff?
    Hiya!
    Both effects will be active, but Taunt will override the Stealth. So technically people can target a target if they have both taunt and stealth up.

Wait WAIT hold everything!
    latest?cb=20160410041536
    I'm horribly misleading. Allow me to clarifiy and edit.
    Gaining any stealth OR taunt removes all other stealths and taunts on the character. This is part of the reason why teebo's stealths sometimes behave funny, and we're aware that this sucks. This has been mentioned in @EA_Jesse 's 8/5 update that the fix is unusually complicated because stealth has special behavior to trigger the unique transparency visual effect. The updates that this patch implemented has laid some of the ground work to ensure the stealth mechanic will be working as intended.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
    Barrok wrote: »

Then spend money to compete... you would lose to him with refresh or without refresh... so I am not sure why you are complaining.

Or save up your crystals and spend on refreshes if you really care that much? Lmao.
This discussion has been closed.