Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Except we already spent our money and are spending our money on our characters and larger rosters.

1% spends big money. Game is about keeping the 1% happy and spending.
    Preferably without chasing away all the f2p.

It is what it is. These games are always about making sure you can never have enough. There s always something to spend on.

Makes sense, from a business point of view.
  • So @CG_Kozispoon, most of us have had all toons in GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months. Yet, we receive Gspy on a cantina node, after we just received Kit Fisto, Aayla, B2, Wedge and mods that all consume the same type of energy. Is there any chance we will ever get new characters somewhere other than cantina nodes?

Other than that, thanks for the new material!

Likely intentional - by putting all the previously p2p characters onto one currency (cantina), you give FTP some options to obtain the characters but at the cost of something else (mods or other toons). Seems like a reasonable compromise.
  • So based on this, it sounds like I am going to be grouped with a bunch of mega whales just because I have a 41K power arena team?

Just because I can field this team does not mean I have Rex, Sun Fac and recent FTP characters like B2, Aayla, Wedge( combined with Biggs) etc all fully build and modded up with all of the P2P mods.

I can barely field 1.5 teams, let alone 3 with one being classified as defensive etc.

I wonder if I change my arena team to some crappy 36k power team then maybe I can be grouped with the right people?....but the arena suffers.

People that have Pay 2 Play characters should be grouped together! Don't group me with people that have them. Ugh!
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    TIE fighter pilot is not the same as FOTP? New character?
    Wondering the same...

• There are already refreshes for arena now. Plenty of free players do well in arena. I'm always top ten, and snag #1 here and there as a free player from a January server. Why is this so much worse?

Oh that's right you haven't the slightest clue what you're crying about because the update hasn't happened yet. I'm sure it won't be perfect, but at least wait until it's actually fully released, and you have played around with it, so that when you burst into tears there will be a reason somewhat based on reality.

With the glaring exception of both precrafting nightmares this game has been pretty fair to free players. If they try to add a way to... I don't know... make money from this new content, I'll be neither shocked, nor upset. I'll just learn the new system, and see how to get the most out of it with the resources I have. Try that before ranting about what's wrong with parts of the game that you've never laid eyes on.
  • KeyMan64x wrote: »
    So based on this, it sounds like I am going to be grouped with a bunch of mega whales just because I have a 41K power arena team?

Just because I can field this team does not mean I have Rex, Sun Fac and recent FTP characters like B2, Aayla, Wedge( combined with Biggs) etc all fully build and modded up with all of the P2P mods.

I can barely field 1.5 teams, let alone 3 with one being classified as defensive etc.

I wonder if I change my arena team to some **** 36k power team then maybe I can be grouped with the right people?....but the arena suffers.

People that have Pay 2 Play characters should be grouped together! Don't group me with people that have them. Ugh!

Then field a 39k team and fight a lower tier... the world is not coming to an end, i promise.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Jezro wrote: »
    "but players can also refresh characters with crystals"....ie pay to win
    Would have been nice to have a level playing field where users are forced to use their brain power rather than their wallets

You realize you are playing a F2P/P2W game right? This isn't a console game where you spent $60 up front and everyone's equal outside of individual/team skill.

Being a whale myself, I would still appreciate a level playing field in certain aspects of the game, but thanks for the rebuke....
    pac0naut wrote: »
    TIE fighter pilot is not the same as FOTP? New character?
    Wondering the same...

Totally new character, not the same as FOTP.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • The tournament will run. Bugs will appear. People revolt. Stuff gets nerfed. Rinse and repeat.
  • @CG_Kozispoon thank you for the detailed (and in advance) update info! I'm sure most of the questions I have at the moment will be answered by the in-game tutorial and the game itself.
  • Jezro wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    Jezro wrote: »
    "but players can also refresh characters with crystals"....ie pay to win
    Would have been nice to have a level playing field where users are forced to use their brain power rather than their wallets

You realize you are playing a F2P/P2W game right? This isn't a console game where you spent $60 up front and everyone's equal outside of individual/team skill.

Being a whale myself, I would still appreciate a level playing field in certain aspects of the game, but thanks for the rebuke....

Maybe they can make a tournament where each person gets the same 5 characters, with the same mods and the same abilities. No refreshes. Sounds fun!
  • @EA_Jesse hey man, when can we expect to download patch on IOS?
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    What i don't get is why I am being attacked so much by everyone, when i have done nothing wrong to you. I have tried being respectful and giving my opinion. how does bashing me help? why does it make you feel better, at least answer that. Are these answers you would say to my face? or would you be much more respectful with your opinion then?
  • What i don't get is why I am being attacked so much by everyone, when i have done nothing wrong to you. I have tried being respectful and giving my opinion. how does bashing me help? why does it make you feel better, at least answer that.

Because you're just trying to stir things up without any reasonable cause. Duh.
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    What i don't get is why I am being attacked so much by everyone, when i have done nothing wrong to you. I have tried being respectful and giving my opinion. how does bashing me help? why does it make you feel better, at least answer that.

and how are you not, by insulting me? could you have been nicer about it? why are you attacking me?
  • Casual_Player
    639 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    didn't see update on playstore or in game, my question didn't get answered too
    the cake is a lie
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Not to mention that just because I have a 41k power arena team does not mean I have p2p characters like Rex, Sun Fac and recently released P2P characters such as Wedge(along with Biggs), B2, Aayla etc all built up and modded to the top with P2P mods.

Based on the announcement and my arena power, it sounds like I will get to compete against all of them though. I can field about 1.5 teams, certainly not 3.

People with P2P characters should be grouped together! I should not be grouped with them.
  • Honestly it should be limited to 1 refresh or something. Otherwise any whale, regardless of whether a FTP team could demolish his in arena, could simply spend more refreshes and have let's say 500 points while FTP has 20 points without refreshing...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
    Not to mention that just because I have a 41k power arena team does not mean I have p2p characters like Rex, Sun Fac and recently released P2P characters such as Wedge(along with Biggs), B2, Aayla etc all built up and modded to the top with P2P mods.

Based on the announcement and my arena power, it sounds like I will get to compete against all of them though. I can field about 1.5 teams, certainly not 3.

People with P2P characters should be grouped together! I should not be grouped with them.

well then that will completely take away the p2w concept. so that would not be the solution either
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Jesus, just play the **** thing and do your best. So what if you don't get first place? Fight and win and take your prize and quit complaining about every little thing, God...

best comment on the entire forums.

• DarthCPA wrote: »
    Any word on when Furnaces might be coming back to shipments? Isn't it a 2-week rotation?

+1
    Anybody get a furnace in the shipments?
  • Any idea when we can manually update on IOS @CG_Kozispoon ?
  • Who said you have to "pay" for refreshes?

The datamined info says:

"Characters requiring a refresh may still Battle for a specified cost."

We don't actually know what this cost will be. Yes it is more than likely crystals... but it could even be tournament arena tokens where you get a set amount per day. People are complaining before they even know how it will work.
    What i don't get is why I am being attacked so much by everyone, when i have done nothing wrong to you. I have tried being respectful and giving my opinion. how does bashing me help? why does it make you feel better, at least answer that.

and how are you not, by insulting me? could you have been nicer about it? why are you attacking me?

Because you're ignorant! Yay!
  • i agree with jezro, a guildmate. its ok to put 20 usd to try this out and stretch that investment as far as possible. but they are fools if they think i will put hundreds on this. look an aurodium char that i did not put a cent into, was available to buy for 800 crystals for 6 weeks and is now farmable.
    Cashavelli wrote: »

Because you're ignorant! Yay!

so who taught you it was right to treat a fellow human being that way?

• If you are a light spender wait for ships.

I have to admire your optimism.

Ships will be the ultimate money machine.

If mods were any indication, ships will be a good concept that is terribly executed and becomes yet another grindfest
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • power can't dictate how scary a good team are
    the cake is a lie

The datamined info says:

We don't actually know what this cost will be. Yes it is more than likely crystals... but it could even be tournament arena tokens where you get a set amount per day. People are complaining before they even know how it will work.

From the patch notes today:

"Squad Tournaments limit players to one use of each character, rewarding a diverse roster. Every 24 hours the characters are refreshed automatically, but players can also refresh characters with crystals."

Gear up your meta team, refresh, win first

The datamined info says:

It said crystals. Obviously that's the only way they'd do it.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
This discussion has been closed.