Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Cashavelli wrote: »
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    What i don't get is why I am being attacked so much by everyone, when i have done nothing wrong to you. I have tried being respectful and giving my opinion. how does bashing me help? why does it make you feel better, at least answer that.

Because you're just trying to stir things up without any reasonable cause. Duh.

and how are you not, by insulting me? could you have been nicer about it? why are you attacking me?

Because you're ignorant! Yay!

so who taught you it was right to treat a fellow human being that way?

He was not treating you any way. He stated a fact. To be ignorant is to lack knowledge. You and I and everyone who plays are ignorant of any of the actual details of how this will work, what rewards will be, what refresh costs are, anything.

If you state so strong an opinion based on ignorance, then people will attack your opinion. Which they have. You have invited it. Wait until you play it before pitching a fit about how bad it is.

• NicWester wrote: »
    Jesus, just play the **** thing and do your best. So what if you don't get first place? Fight and win and take your prize and quit complaining about every little thing, God...

This. It would be great if these forums were about theory crafting...
  • Refresh all you want, seems as though a good chunk of your score will be defense based.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Honestly it should be limited to 1 refresh or something. Otherwise any whale, regardless of whether a FTP team could demolish his in arena, could simply spend more refreshes and have let's say 500 points while FTP has 20 points without refreshing...

That's how these f2p game tournaments work. It's intended to get people to spend spend spend to get to the top. And since they are sticking whales with whales, they intend to have lots of expensive refreshes being used by these individuals.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Did the raid gear get swapped out in the shipments with this update? I need mk5 cec fusion furnaces.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Any idea when we can manually update on IOS @CG_Kozispoon ?
    Hiya!
    Please note it may take up to 24 hours before you see the update on Google Play or the App Store. DOUBLE NOTE: Not all of these changes will be visible in game until all players are on the same version on 9/29. Players who have not updated to the latest game version will have their game automatically updated with the client restart on 9/29.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    ANOTHER character into cantina?! can you guys actually put something into the other shipments for a change? the drop rates for mods are already pathetic, and to add to that if you are farming cantina characters as well you cant use as much energy or any energy at all on mods so its just compounding the already terrible mod problem!!!!
  • Barrok wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    Honestly it should be limited to 1 refresh or something. Otherwise any whale, regardless of whether a FTP team could demolish his in arena, could simply spend more refreshes and have let's say 500 points while FTP has 20 points without refreshing...

That's how these f2p game tournaments work. It's intended to get people to spend spend spend to get to the top. And since they are sticking whales with whales, they intend to have lots of expensive refreshes being used by these individuals.

to the bolded, except not, if they based it on you number of usable characters at 80 g8+ then yeah, it would be absolutely fair and refreshes would not hurt others.
    for example
    5 g8 = bracket prestige 1
    10 g8 = bracket prestige 2
    15 g8 = bracket prestige 3
    then whales will actually be with whales and f2p with f2p, otherwise we will see f2p 5 roster against whale 50 roster
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    So @CG_Kozispoon, most of us have had all toons in GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months. Yet, we receive Gspy on a cantina node, after we just received Kit Fisto, Aayla, B2, Wedge and mods that all consume the same type of energy. Is there any chance we will ever get new characters somewhere other than cantina nodes?

Other than that, thanks for the new material!

"Most of us have had all toons on GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months."

Dude, how clueless are you? Less than 5% of players can say this. Not everyone is a whale or as dedicated to this game as you are.

Almost every single person in my guild has said they all have them maxed.
  • ANOTHER character into cantina?! can you guys actually put something into the other shipments for a change? the drop rates for mods are already pathetic, and to add to that if you are farming cantina characters as well you cant use as much energy or any energy at all on mods so its just compounding the mod problem

Even if it's not a new character. Just move existing characters. How about HRScout? FOTP? First Order Stormtrooper? Those are all characters that are hard to farm and are good enough that people would like them, but not elite so most people haven't put in the huge investment (in terms of time) to get them. Placing these guys in GW or Arena would be nice.
  • DrNocard wrote: »
    So @CG_Kozispoon, most of us have had all toons in GW, Arena and Cantina shipments maxed out for months. Yet, we receive Gspy on a cantina node, after we just received Kit Fisto, Aayla, B2, Wedge and mods that all consume the same type of energy. Is there any chance we will ever get new characters somewhere other than cantina nodes?

Likely intentional - by putting all the previously p2p characters onto one currency (cantina), you give FTP some options to obtain the characters but at the cost of something else (mods or other toons). Seems like a reasonable compromise.

I can agree that it adds options for f2p. However, that doesn't excuse neglecting other aspects of the game. I can forgive arena shipments because you can get credits now. But GW and cantina shipments need something.
  • I love how they say this will reward large rosters, thats not true, this is only going to reward the people who pay to refresh their top 5 characters constantly as they will be the ones who are winning, not the people with "large rosters" but only 5-10 of those characters are actually worth anything in arena
  • I love how they say this will reward large rosters, thats not true, this is only going to reward the people who pay to refresh their top 5 characters constantly as they will be the ones who are winning, not the people with "large rosters" but only 5-10 of those characters are actually worth anything in arena

Thank you! someone that finally gets it! and also worded it a lot better than me, great point @Quicksilver
  • Any idea when we can manually update on IOS @CG_Kozispoon ?
    Hiya!
    Please note it may take up to 24 hours before you see the update on Google Play or the App Store. DOUBLE NOTE: Not all of these changes will be visible in game until all players are on the same version on 9/29. Players who have not updated to the latest game version will have their game automatically updated with the client restart on 9/29.
    Can i get an answer please for what i asked u ? Thanks
  • DrNocard wrote: »

Likely intentional - by putting all the previously p2p characters onto one currency (cantina), you give FTP some options to obtain the characters but at the cost of something else (mods or other toons). Seems like a reasonable compromise.

I can agree that it adds options for f2p. However, that doesn't excuse neglecting other aspects of the game. I can forgive arena shipments because you can get credits now. But GW and cantina shipments need something.

You can always convert into shard shop currency, also likely intended.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Who said you have to "pay" for refreshes?

The datamined info says:

"Characters requiring a refresh may still Battle for a specified cost."

We don't actually know what this cost will be. Yes it is more than likely crystals... but it could even be tournament arena tokens where you get a set amount per day. People are complaining before they even know how it will work.

It said crystals. Obviously that's the only way they'd do it.

Yeah I just saw in the latest game update. Missed that before posting :)

Yes, if you have a large roster, your other lower toons are still going to get annihilated by the meta defense teams... I'm not sure how this is going to work without paying a huge amount of crystals.

Thank you! someone that finally gets it! and also worded it a lot better than me, great point @Quicksilver

if this was to be a fair competition of roster depth there would be no refreshing, everyone would use their characters and if they died then thats it for the day, that is a true way of rewarding people with large rosters and not people with only large wallets

but of course they know that the whales will spend money to keep refreshing their best characters to win, which completely undermines the whole "rewarding a large roster" bologna they want us to believe
  • ivegotabadfeelingaboutthis.jpg
    update is live on ios
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!

You should be able to do so now. I just got my notification! =D
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Hiya!

You should be able to do so now. I just got my notification! =D

Dang. How rude. They don't even let you have it early?
  • Starki11er
    50 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon I know you're busy with this new update..but please pass along the info about the iOS 10 freeze bug. You posted weeks ago in a thread(in the bugs section) that you would pass it along but we haven't heard or seen anything. It's a crippling bug on one of the most popular phones. With the huge tide of activity with this update please don't forget us. Thank you!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/67616/ios-10-crashes-freez-if-you-press-home-button-and-re-enter-pause-game#latest
  • It's always a good time to evaluate your competitive expectations when changes this big happen.

If you ain't first, you are not necessarily last....I'm looking at you Ricky-Bobbie.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107

Yes, if you have a large roster, your other lower toons are still going to get annihilated by the meta defense teams... I'm not sure how this is going to work without paying a huge amount of crystals.

its not going to work, unless you pay a huge amount of crystals every day, thats the point, the devs only care about $$ if they cared about true competition there would be no refreshing and only a true test of someones roster depth
  • Finally they implemented the filters :)
  • Any chance you guys can reconsider a 24 hour refresh and replace it with a 23 hour one? A 24 hour refresh means the time you can do something keeps getting later and later in the day, which is super annoying.
  • all you can do is ride the waves like swayzee baby
  • I saw alot of stealth updates. Did Teebo's lead skill killing stealth get fixed?
  • Sfortune wrote: »
    I saw alot of stealth updates. Did Teebo's lead skill killing stealth get fixed?

its implied that no, not yet
  • So you are P2P and that is ok...until you are worried about not being "P2P" enough? :|
This discussion has been closed.