Anyone else find it ironic that Lumi isn't a Healer?

Not a Healer in AGI Gear Challenge, doesn't have the healer tag and of course when you do the new sort by healers, she isn't in there of course.

Why is this? It's just confusing. She's one of the best healers in the game and when I first started, I used her a lot in GW. Granted, I never use her for anything now but am still confused about it.

Replies

• Then look at Nightsister Acolyte, who is a Healer. She only has a self heal.
  • Strange yes, ironic? No.
  • She was a good fighter in the shows.

This probably has to do with what characters and labels they had at the beginning of the game. I remember needing a healing attacker.
  • Trouserdeagle
    267 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Ironic?

You+Keep+Using+That+Word.jpg
  • ^ this
  • @Deathdealer @Trouserdeagle it's like ray-ee-ain on your wedding day
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side.
  • Definitely not ironic.
    This issue was discussed at length in the early days of the game. It was kind of necessary to have counterintuitive labels at that stage of the game. There's a few other labels out there that aren't quite a perfect match.
  • OP used the word ironic in a correct context imo.
    Yes, this is ironic. It's like if there was a faction of 'hairy toons' and Chewie wouldnt be in it.

Ironic

adjective

using words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning; containing or exemplifying irony :
    an ironic novel; an ironic remark.

of, relating to, or tending to use irony or mockery; ironical.

coincidental; unexpected:
    It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    im with you OP. arguably the best heal in the game + a heal leadership abi, yet she isnt a healer, how's that not ironic?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I guess it's because characters can only be in one class of the following attacker/tank/healer/assist and attacker somehow is a better quality of her (at least what EA thinks)
  • Same post on reddit too with Lumi......Conduit said she cant be a healer and attacker
    So shes an attacker!!
  • I have found Lumi to be a great attacker that can heal.
    As lumi has a long cool down for her heal i believe she is best pared with another healer. Even if lumi could not heal, her ability block has saved me from Vader's culling blade and other such I hit kills many a time to help me through GW and squad areana battles .
  • please nerf her
  • She does have a pretty good heal, however ironically she is on my team due to her attack abilities. I rarely use the heal in PVP (no time, better to attack).

So she does earn her attacker tag. She is definitely an attacker first and foremost. A healer would not have this kind of offensive ability (Look at Talia, Barriss, and other classic "healers").
  • I thought ironic means made of iron
  • I have found Lumi to be a great attacker that can heal.
    As lumi has a long cool down for her heal i believe she is best pared with another healer. Even if lumi could not heal, her ability block has saved me from Vader's culling blade and other such I hit kills many a time to help me through GW and squad areana battles .

Resisted.