The Policy on Cheaters

Replies

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    xsebx wrote: »
    Now here we go. A bunch of people that suck with no strategy are crying "cheater" when they get beat. One clown even said someone was cheating in GW against him. Now every time someone doesn't win they are going to be crying cheater because they don't know how to play. Hilarious.

U sound like a flaming cheater
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Hmm, let's see here...
    unsheaths his magnifying glass
    Hmm... yes, I see.
    Heroes calling other heroes children.
    Heroes disrespecting EA's current, quite obviously temporary rules, conveniently forgetting that EA did not need to make this game.
    The unrealistic idea that Hackers/Cheaters will receive the same benefits as F2P/P2P players.
    Prison references, minus the dropping of the soap.

It is my conclusion that a simple post by E.A. officials has infected fellow Heroes into needlessly, senselessly, and frankly rather illogically flaming each other and the game creators. lol.
  • meladekk wrote: »
    "They will be moved to a different leaderboard that contains only cheaters or exploiters."

LOL. Dumbest idea I've ever heard.

Then you don't interact with people much at all.
  • Cheater island sounds hardmode.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok everyone, there seems to be a lot of focus on the option for cheaters to be moved to their own leaderboard. Are you forgetting the other 2 options?
    • A permanent ban will be issued.
    • A temporary ban will be issued.

There are a lot of you reacting to our original post as if we're only putting cheaters onto a different leaderboard, but that's simply not the case. Players who are found to be using any hack will be permanently banned. And who says that those cheaters that do get moved to the new leaderboard will have all of the same rewards? ;)

I think that focus on option 3 is because there has already been one major cheating event and your response was no bans. So at least to me, I just assume in nearly all cases option 3 is where you will go.
  • Glad to hear you guys are cracking down!
  • I've reported in the bugs section, even sent in a ticket, but after nothing being done, (to date the hacker is still getting away Scott free) they decided to remove my post! How convenient!

EA can't deal the fact that some of the people has the default name "Mol Eliza" how'd you expect us to get the ally code?
    ... Come on peeps...
  • Noci wrote: »
    So, 2 of the 3 options involve basically letting the cheaters continue to play the game? What jokes these developers are. I guess having more players and getting more sales trumps all.
    Its better to keep those cheaters busy in gaming hell.
  • meladekk wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    meladekk wrote: »
    "They will be moved to a different leaderboard that contains only cheaters or exploiters."

LOL. Dumbest idea I've ever heard. So we are going to let hackers continue in the game? When a dev takes such a lax response towards hackers, why would anyone want to play legit? Why be a whale and spend $2000 when your modded game has hereos that one shot everyone? Who cares what leaderboards you are in - no one even knows how many leaderboard they are in or the name of their shards. If i knew I could play the game with godmode/gem hacks/whatever hacks there are out there, I'll just not spend a single cent and just hack. I'll get to see all the content.

And its so obvious why this option is available - Beacuse Google Play instant refunds ANY PLAYERS whos accounts are banned, regardless of the reason why. Thus, if players have spent before, EA being greedy is not going to want to lose that money. So they get around it and keep their account active, but in another server. No refunds can be given. Hurray!

This is similar to what Marvel Puzzle Quest does with cheaters. They don't ban them, rather they "sandbox" there account which allows them to continue to cheat all they want. The problem is, they can't win any rewards from any events. PVP they can fight against someone, but the person they beat loses no points. They also don't show up as someone to battle on pvp. So in essence, they are playing the game by themselves.

This is not the "dumbest idea ever", in fact it is a great idea. Putting all cheaters together means they are just battling themselves, no one is caught in the cross fire.

Why then would anyone NOT want to cheat?

I'm sure many players spend on the game without the sole purpose of climbing a leaderboard which most people don't really care about.

A simple analogy - Hacking in game is like defying the laws and logic of a game. Translated to real life, it would be breaking the law of physics and logic.
    Would you rather be in 1. the real world, or 2. A sandbox world where you can break the law of physics and fly and be an instant millionaire? Who cares if the other people in that new world are similarly as powerful as you? you derived enjoyment from the thing that world offers you.

Because you're going against nothing but other cheaters.

It would then take away all true progress on leaderboards because then its just essentially who has the best hacks or utter luck.

People cheat to get ahead. If you're also playing a cheater. Then, your unfair advantage is gone. And since hacks are all 7* most likely, there is literally zero skill that would be in a cheater vs cheater leaderboard

[SøtFØ] Leader
  • Waffles wrote: »
    I've reported in the bugs section, even sent in a ticket, but after nothing being done, (to date the hacker is still getting away Scott free) they decided to remove my post! How convenient!

EA can't deal the fact that some of the people has the default name "Mol Eliza" how'd you expect us to get the ally code?
    ... Come on peeps...

I think they were needing your ally code to decipher things, not the cheaters.

I have read that when you battle in PVP, only the end result of the match is returned to EA servers, not mstch time, hits scored and damage given per hit, or team health stats, so if this is true, I ponder how EA will truly know who a cheater is outside of the obvious 10K teams holding top positions with 20K powered competition.

I think they are going to have a difficult time dealing with this and in this case, the only shade I can throw their way is that the game wasn't 100% server side from Day 1. In the end, I don't worry about this issue because the cheaters have no effect on my game. I'm not trying to get #1 in PVP. Now that my team is practically 7* solid, I can get into the 11-20 range without a refresh and watch the bedlam from afar as P2W teams battle each other and a few cheaters....
  • Cheater island sounds hardmode.

Sounds like a "undercover lover" spinoff
  • Wazlinski
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Waffles wrote: »
    I've reported in the bugs section, even sent in a ticket, but after nothing being done, (to date the hacker is still getting away Scott free) they decided to remove my post! How convenient!

... Come on peeps...

Not saying they are or not, don't know back story, are you 100% sure they are? I do agree it's unfortunate the game wasn't mostly server side, but hey, what can you do when we're just players, play the game or move on huh.

*edit* oops, doubled up stuff removed, didn't see old draft
  • Anzial
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cheating is real in this game. I mean, every game is subject to cheating, what do you think makes this game any different? Yes, there's a lot of things happening on the servers side but fights are all local so you can easily hack the game to win every fight with a garbage team.
    p2Fsrd.png
    The rest of top 10 are 60+ teams with 20k power minimum. How this guy with less than 15k gets there? Skill? You know what he got? Sid, Fives, Ughnaught and Jawa (phasma lead). What kind of mad skill with such underpower team can let you get to spot #1 every day in the server full of 60+ peeps? He's already #6 while I was typing and in next 30 min I'm sure he'll #1, again, since he does it every day.
  • Anzial wrote: »
    Cheating is real in this game. I mean, every game is subject to cheating, what do you think makes this game any different? Yes, there's a lot of things happening on the servers side but fights are all local so you can easily hack the game to win every fight with a garbage team.
    p2Fsrd.png
    The rest of top 10 are 60+ teams with 20k power minimum. How this guy with less than 15k gets there? Skill? You know what he got? Sid, Fives, Ughnaught and Jawa (phasma lead). What kind of mad skill with such underpower team can let you get to spot #1 every day in the server full of 60+ peeps? He's already #6 while I was typing and in next 30 min I'm sure he'll #1, again, since he does it every day.

Well report the guy to LD. Give him your playerID and maybe they can see what "server" you're on.
  • Azraelrulez
    1908 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Nice, the devs finally take some steps to deal with cheats and share with us and some people are already shouting it's not enough. Bravo!

I like the 3rd option. Give them a taste of their own medicine. Some people are raising their pitch forks at the thought of putting the cheats in their very own cheat servers. Why? I'm asking for a valid answer. It won't affect any of us straight players in any way as there's no global ranking of any kind. They are maybe getting rewards every day in their exclusive server, we aren't losing anything, no glory, no rewards, nothing. At best, if the teams we go up against in GW is taken from random servers, great. We'll meet easier opponents as cheats don't work in defense.

On the other hand, if the devs and us start insisting on outright bans, the refund/ profit issue might make the awarding of bans much rarer, to the detriment of all of us.

Stop being petty. Out of sight, out of mind. Don't get worked up about a bunch of cheats segregated from us. After facing cheats themselves constantly, they'll either keep at it, quit or reform with a new account and perspective.

Edit: I might add that we get really worked up if somebody cheats against us. I see no reason why the cheats won't have the same reaction. I really don't think that a person who enjoys cheating will love being cheated.
  • Thank you, I sometimes wounder if people are cheating or really spent that kind of money. Watch out for game cheaters. Fair play is fun game.
  • Wow on my server a level 63 with 213080 power just got number one over a level 67 team with power 26600 with a 7* poe, and 7* fotp and 7* poggle. Beat him in a min to claim number one. Not sure how that's possible when I'm not that high and I can beat the level 63s team in 2 min
  • Good riddance! Two days in a row I have gained rank number one with 30 seconds before reset and two times I have lost it with 10 seconds left. No way this is possible especially since I can beat or match up evenly with all teams in my top 20.
  • I'd just like to take a moment to recognize all the hard work and effort the developers are putting into the game to give us the optimal experience.

Thank you, EA. :)
  • I'd just like to take a moment to recognize all the hard work and effort the developers are putting into the game to give us the optimal experience.

Thank you, EA. :)

Fair enough, however it also is in their best interests to deal with this matter quickly and forcefully, for if the cheaters/hackers/exploiters start to take over, the game is as good as dead....
  • Yeah I would have to agree there's times when you exploit the little glitches but when you just plain out chest is one thing .....like beat someone in 20 seconds
  • Yeah I would have to agree there's times when you exploit the little glitches but when you just plain out chest is one thing .....like beat someone in 20 seconds

That, by itself, doesn't necessarily mean someone's cheating. A Poe/FOTP/Leia could get that sort of thing done, for example.
  • My issue with option 3 is I honestly couldn't care less what my arena rank is. I enjoy the game for the rest of it. Collecting characters, playing GW (although less so since the change), missions. If the punishment is to play with other cheaters on a leaderboard then what drawback is there for me to ask someone how to cheat and do it myself?
  • Well Metra he doesn't have any of those in his team and today he went from rack 51 to number 1 again today in 20min with
  • iluvmods
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Omnirhyze
    167 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    iluvmods wrote: »

If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.

gFD5o.jpg
    Post edited by FashionFett on
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Wonder how long this will stay up???

Yikes!!!!
  • EnderU
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EnderU wrote: »

Fair enough, however it also is in their best interests to deal with this matter quickly and forcefully, for if the cheaters/hackers/exploiters start to take over, the game is as good as dead....

LOL,

Nice ninja editing....
    Post edited by EnderU on
  • I guess we'll have to see how they deal with it before coming to a conclusion....
  • **** the cheaters just sort out the A.I when people fight you. I am at nearly 23k power and can beat people with nearly 27k power but when i am defending i lose as the A.I plays like crap!!!! It is about time to sort this ****.
This discussion has been closed.