Cheating us on SIM Tickets ??

Prev1
DonHaensl
49 posts Member
edited September 2016
Since the multi-sim option was introduced I started 2840 Sim tickets and thought that they will last for a loooong time...well...I was so wrong. And I really think that EA did cancel the chance to win SIM tickets at Cantina (or it is a bug...suuuuuure)

In order to find out why my sim tickets are declining I just tested it in a timeframe of 7 days (Started Sep22). I usually spend 200 Crystals on cantina refreshes every day. Additionally I invest all my cantina energy and the refresher at noon.

So since 7 days now, up until today, I stopped doing Multi-SIMs and went back to regular fights which then ran in auto-mode. I picked 6-D for farming the B2 shards.

And now guess how many SIM tickets I managed to acquire since 1 Week of daily refreshes for 200 Crystals! it is:

0 !

I actually got 0 SIM tickets out of all the energy I invested to farming this node.

And I think that EA removed the chance of winning SIM tickets on purpose as most people thought like me "aaah. My Sim tickets will never run out as long as I keep investing enough energy per day".

So now if I keep going to spend this amount of cantina energy every day I wont have any tickets left by end of this year...and then I have to buy them for crystals...and also other people will do so, as multi-sim just is a great way to save a lot of time every day.

Check it out by yourself if you don't believe me. But something is seriously wrong with the SIM tickets these days.
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Options
    Classic EA if correct
  • Options
    I used to have a ton of sim tickets before that mod/multi sim update.

Now I run out everyday lol
  • Options
    ****, you really wrote an essay about this. I have 9355 tickets and slightly increasing every day. So I don't really have your problem. I do 2 cantina refreshes and 2 energy refreshes each day. And yes I sim everything I can sim. I guess you do to many low cost battles to get a decline in tickets.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Are you doing enough refreshes? It's typical to run down your tickets if you're not doing a lot of energy refreshes

Dude! Did you even manage to read the first 4 lines that I wrote?
  • DonHaensl
    49 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nightlores wrote: »
    I guess you do to many low cost battles to get a decline in tickets.

Hmm. Now I am beginning to understand why people like Donald Trump can be so successful. He just says everything in the size of a twitter length as folks don't seem to be able to cope with anything longer then 144 characters anymore....

But in order to answer your question: I was farming 6-D
    And independently of that, should it not matter how low or high cost battles are in order to get SIM tickets. Perhaps less, but not 0!
    Post edited by DonHaensl on
  • Options
    It does make a huge difference if you are farming a 16 cantina node and and hard nodes or if you are farming 8 energy cantina node and 6 energy gear nodes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    DonHaensl wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »
    ****, you really wrote an essay about this. I have 9355 tickets and slightly increasing every day. So I don't really have your problem. I do 2 cantina refreshes and 2 energy refreshes each day. And yes I sim everything I can sim. I guess you do to many low cost battles to get a decline in tickets.

Hmm. Now I begin to understand why people like Donald Trump can be so successful. They just say everything in the size of an twitter length as folks don't seem to be able anymore to cope with anything longer then 144 characters....

But in order to answer your question: I was farming 6-D
    And independently of that, should it not matter how low or high cost battles are in order to get SIM tickets.

why shouldnt higher energy nodes reward more sim tickets? Higher energy nodes also have a higher purple mat droprate.
    and obviously you use more sim tickets when you spend your energy on low energy nodes. that's what he meant.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DonHaensl
    49 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    It does make a huge difference if you are farming a 16 cantina node and and hard nodes or if you are farming 8 energy cantina node and 6 energy gear nodes.

Really ?
    0?
    That´s really a HUGE difference then as a drop rate of 0 Sim tickets for spending all my energy since a week incl 240 additional energy through refreshes kinda sucks. What´s the drop rate then for the 16 energy cantina battles ? 500% ? Like 5 Sim tickets per fight ?
  • Options
    Before multi SIM update you also played all Challenges manually.

They also cost you many tickets
  • Options
    lastii wrote: »
    Before multi SIM update you also played all Challenges manually.

They also cost you many tickets

Yup. I get it. But it has nothing to do with it, that EA lowered the drop-rate of SIM-tickets within the cantina to 0%
  • Options
    My sims tickets are slowly going up?

Tend to do the two 50 crystal refreshes and one cantina 100 refresh daily
  • Options
    Cantina refresh gives you 10 Tickets 100 (crystals)
    Normal refresh gives you 20 Tickets 50 crystals

I think I remembered it was 20 and 30 before but didn't checked it =(

Anyone else have the same thoughs?

I am from a November shard ;-)
  • DonHaensl
    49 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    KingPin wrote: »
    My sims tickets are slowly going up?

Tend to do the two 50 crystal refreshes and one cantina 100 refresh daily

That´s correct! For regular battles you are still able to get SIM tickets. But I for Cantina battles it seems to be that you won't get any SIM tickets anymore. As you are doing more fights with regular energy the fights with cantina energy, your observation is correct. You also get more tickets when refreshing normal energy then vs refreshing cantina energy
  • Options
    Seems wired they would normalise it both side of the fence?
  • mazkernal
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DonHaensl wrote: »
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Are you doing enough refreshes? It's typical to run down your tickets if you're not doing a lot of energy refreshes

Dude! Did you even manage to read the first 4 lines that I wrote?

He asked for "energy refresh" not "cantina energy refresh".

If you do a lot of CANTINA instead of REGULAR, you will run out of tickets.

Why?

Well, because the math is simple:
    • CANTINA REFRESH = 10 tickets + 120 energy
    • REGULAR REFRESH = 20 tickets + 120 energy

And only sim in packs of 3

You will get more shards / tickets that way.

Don't ask me why, I'm not a scientist.

I run out everytime if I do 4x cantina and 2x regular energy... If I do 4x energy and 2x cantina, my SIM tickets always increase.

Let's say you do 2x cantina and 2x Energy, you will run out, slowly, but you will.
  • Options
    lol @DonHaensl I get what you're saying. That does seem crazy about the drop rate. The responses to your post made me smile because of their total disregard of this point lol. Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    Mine were going down for a while. 3200->3000
    They are apparently going up again. I'm at 3362 at this moment in time.
    I do 2 normal refreshes and 2 cantina refreshes per day.
    I'm back to wishing I could sell some or exchange them for something else lol
  • Options
    tajiena wrote: »
    lol @DonHaensl I get what you're saying. That does seem crazy about the drop rate. The responses to your post made me smile because of their total disregard of this point lol. Good Luck!!!

I agree with him as well, the SIM ticket crunch is another way of EA to make us run out of crystals so we actually pay $$ to get more crystals.

I totally understand, and it sux
  • Options
    I just checked: Yes, Cantina promises sim tickets as possible reward. So I ran two fights for Lando (node T1-E) and I indeed got one sim ticket (and one Lando shard among other rewards). So I don't understand the point of the thread opener.

If you do only the two Cantina refreshes (makes 2 times 10 sims) plus the 25 sim bonus daily activity, you get 45 sim tickets a day. With two refreshes and bonus energy you have 405 Cantina energy daily, allowing about 34 fights. You also have 8 challenges and normal energy: without refreshes this 240 daily plus 3 bonuses = 375 normal energy, allowing between 18 and 62 fights (from 20 to 6 energy). Assuming 10 energy per fight it's about 38. So you would need 38+34+8=80 sim tickets, but have only 45. There are also sim drops from the 80 fights, but certainly not enough. So yes, no surprise, that your tickets are dwindling.

I try to make two Cantina refreshes, two normal refreshes (50 crystals each) and if possible, more normal refreshes (up to 3 with 100 crystals each). With two normal refreshes I get 40 more sim tickets, but also about 24 more fights, making 85 sims for 104 fights. With additional three refreshes I am at 145 sims for 140 fights. Plus occasional sim drops this is enough to do only simming.

Again, I don't really understand what the TO wants to say. No sim drops in cantina? Can't be right, as I just got one out of two fights. What was his point?
  • Options
    Doitsuyama wrote: »

Again, I don't really understand what the TO wants to say. No sim drops in cantina? Can't be right, as I just got one out of two fights. What was his point?

That´s weird, because that means that only new nodes seem to be affected. Could you please check with 6-D ?
  • Options
    Well, I am farming Wedge, so I did 11 tries on node 6-E which should be close enough (both introduced at the same time, even the B2 and Wedge addition at the same time). I got two sim tickets, seven ability mats (one purple) and most importantly three Wedge shards. So there is that. Maybe you can try different nodes?
  • Options
    No issues for me.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    I personally never noticed what my sim drops are. I buy regular energy and sim everything, not facing any shortage.
  • Options
    lastii wrote: »
    Cantina refresh gives you 10 Tickets 100 (crystals)
    Normal refresh gives you 20 Tickets 50 crystals

I think I remembered it was 20 and 30 before but didn't checked it =(

Anyone else have the same thoughs?

I am from a November shard ;-)

10 and 20 since at least March.
  • Options
    Mine keep climbing. I do 2 regular energy refreshes and 2 cantina energy refreshes per day. Up to 1600. Getting a surplus of about 100 per week...
  • Options
    I spend 1-2 cantina refreshes a day, and sometimes 1-2 energy. I don't pay any attention to the drop rates, but still have almost 3500 sim tickets.

If you're not refreshing at all, then sure, sim tickets are a problem. But that's always been the case.
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • DonHaensl
    49 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OK, I understood. Once you invest the 100 crystals everyday into the refresh of normal energy you get 40 SIM tickets. As you can´t easily invest those 40 SIM tickets that fast the number of SIM tickets rises.

So obviously the issue is solved when you are willing to invest the 100 crystals for regular energy refreshes.

But don't you find it strange, that since a whole week of investing into a certain node, I don't get a single SIM ticket ?
  • Options
    bruh...you have bad rng bruh....hahahahahahhahahahha *inserts moms credit card to buy more sim tickets* Every P2W player ever
This discussion has been closed.