Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I am looking forward to the event and do like the UI changes. One thing I am concerned about is that they didn't announce anything regarding the horrific balance issue this game has, only furhter exacerbated by secondary stats on mods. Why can some characters crit for 20K+ on a basic but some in the same class max out at 6K or less? Some damage tweeks are really needed at this point. either up or down or both.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    At what time do you estimate the client restart to happen?

My guess would be about 10 minutes before arena payout. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Personally, and this would be my idea of fun tournaments, I'd rather just have a separate arena for a week, each month, and in that week - the tournament - each class, or some classes of characters, would have specific advantages.
    You could participate with your own arena team ofc (the "meta").. but for that week, on that tournament, there would specific advantages for using a specific faction.
    E.g. for this first tournament nightsisters have +50 base speed; ewoks have 25%+ base damage
    - Second tournament - Sith get 35% crit avoidance.. whatever

This would be more helpful to diversify our rosters (which they tried/did with the mod challenges) and be a great source of theorycrafting..

The way it sounds now is... put your meta team up, pay refreshes to keep your characters in play, possibily have a second squad to attack or defend. Same ol' same ol'.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »

for which time zone :wink:
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Why should a paying customer NOT have an advantage? They aren't producing this game pro bono. If there was no advantage to spending $, then no one would and the game would get shut down by EA.

You're actually arguing that it makes sense for people who pay to win?
    This basically nullifies the existence of the game as it currently stands, because the 90% basically cant win.
    Its a little bit like going into a game of Football or boxing that has been rigged.

Its absolutely pathetic. You dont play a game to win by paying, you play a game so you win by skills, with the paying bit giving you a SLIGHT EDGE or other advantages.

Only people I can see justifying this are absolute losers who literally pay to win, maybe to feed their ego, because they cant win any other way. It literally cheapens the game enormously.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    pargame wrote: »
    I just have new update. Thanks for filters, but why there is nothing in Newsletter? I think you've promised to announce every update there. It will be helpful if you announce all updates there - maybe just new things.

Hiya!
    This newsletter should go out when the update client restarts today, which should put everyone on the same game version.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Hi all, is any one getting problem with the login? Game show me an error telling "there was a error downloading localization file. You may no have enough disk space available" and i have plenty of space... I have reinstall the game, restart cellphone, clean data and still getting the message... I also try different wifi and nothing.... I will miss the daily prize and tournament stuff... Caan someone help?
  • pargame wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »

for which time zone :wink:

All of them.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Does anyone know if you can ise your defense toons on offense or if your defense team will score?
  • you'll get wrecked by the whales who spent thousands on mods.... doesn't matter your toons.
  • Slewfoot wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can ise your defense toons on offense or if your defense team will score?

I THINK
    3 offensive and 1 defensive team

All characters MUST be different UNLESS you use crystals to refresh which I BELIEVE refreshing is per character (ex. 50 crystals for 1 character)

Defensive characters cannot participate in Offensive attacks in tournament.
  • Be nice if there were more events that didn't offer crystal spending advantages. This one sounds like it would be a lot more fun without it.
  • Mynd wrote: »
    Be nice if there were more events that didn't offer crystal spending advantages. This one sounds like it would be a lot more fun without it.

But i believe the crystal refreshes are per character which makes it more interesting.

Only MEGA whales will use it (i think)

example would be 50 or 100 crystals per character and only offensive character because the defensive team you choose will not be able to attack.

• Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can ise your defense toons on offense or if your defense team will score?

I THINK

All characters MUST be different UNLESS you use crystals to refresh which I BELIEVE refreshing is per character (ex. 50 crystals for 1 character)

It better be 2000 crystals to refresh...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    When the f2p begin to feel that there is absolutely no way to even come close to catching up, they don't become guppies - many will simply walk away on to other games. Whales don't pay to fight whales - they pay to dominate f2p. F2P players need whales - but whales won't keep playing for long if all the f2p leave.

And this is where I'm at right now.... I don't feel like I can ever catch up to the whale on our server; I'm not FTP but his 26 speed arrows with great secondary stats and over 85 other mods with secondary speeds of 6 and over aren't even a pipe dream for me.... He can add over 400 speed to his arena team... I can't do that and the fun factor is diminishing....
  • leef wrote: »
    Let's just wait and see how tournaments are implemented before we start making threads about the potential unfairness, it's not like they are going to read topics like this and do a complete overhaul just before the final patch is pushed out (today).

Thanks @leef, excellent point. Also, these events do go through a good testing phase. The dev team does an excellent job of bringing new content and adjusting when necessary. Patience, patience all. :)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • gobears21 wrote: »
    When the f2p begin to feel that there is absolutely no way to even come close to catching up, they don't become guppies - many will simply walk away on to other games. Whales don't pay to fight whales - they pay to dominate f2p. F2P players need whales - but whales won't keep playing for long if all the f2p leave.

And this is where I'm at right now.... I don't feel like I can ever catch up to the whale on our server; I'm not FTP but his 26 speed arrows with great secondary stats and over 85 other mods with secondary speeds of 6 and over aren't even a pipe dream for me.... He can add over 400 speed to his arena team... I can't do that and the fun factor is diminishing....

I've been saying this since mods were introduced and then the problem grew larger with speed secondaries being so broken and in demand. Games like this always require a healthy balance between F2P and P2W.
  • gobears21 wrote: »

So why don't you only focus on mods and you will then be able to compete with him.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »

I THINK

It better be 2000 crystals to refresh...

to refresh 1 character? that sounds absurd. Plus we don't know if there is a limited amount of attacks, meaning there could be a limit of only 3 attacks but whales will use crystals for their main 5 characters to use those same 5 characters for all 3 attacks.

We just don't know yet but either way 2000 crystals will definitely be ridiculous.
  • Mynd wrote: »
    Be nice if there were more events that didn't offer crystal spending advantages. This one sounds like it would be a lot more fun without it.

You mean like the Yoda, Palpatine, Credit/Droid Heist, or Lady's Week events?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Mynd wrote: »

hmm I think that for Lady's Week event you will need a crystals/diamonds :smiley:
  • Its 19pm in UK....what are guys waiting for? Wheres the update?
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    Its 19pm in UK....what are guys waiting for? Wheres the update?

I think they are waiting for everyone to be on the same system. People are still having trouble even logging into their game.
  • I think that might be a little unfair, wanting to give up because you can't compete with one player. I have always been fairly F2P spending about as much as I would on a console or PC game on things that I enjoy a lot. I accept that there are a bunch of players I will never compete with. In fact I currently cant finish in the top 50 in my shard in arena. But the arena is only one competitive and fun element in the game. There are so many areas I can play and have fun developing teams. The arena just provides a personal benchmark to see if you are improving. Games like this are expensive to develop.

Ultimately, its preserving a healthy advantage for top spenders which keeps a game like this going. If revenues fall off, EA will begin move developers and re-task them to other more profitable projects and then game development stops. If I buy a Honda Civic, I dont exactly expect to beat a Veyron in a street race and Im not angry that his car is faster than mine just because he paid more for it.

If you cant accept anything other than pure meritocracy, go play online chess.
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Why should a paying customer NOT have an advantage? They aren't producing this game pro bono. If there was no advantage to spending $, then no one would and the game would get shut down by EA.

You're actually arguing that it makes sense for people who pay to win?
    This basically nullifies the existence of the game as it currently stands, because the 90% basically cant win.

Everyone will not be #1. People that pay more will have more advantages, and will win more often. This isn't the Olympics. It's a for profit video game. They want people to spend money so that they can keep the game going for everyone. The existence of this game will only be "nullified" when people stop paying for it, and they pull the plug.
  • I wonder if your toons are *locked* at the start of each tournament. What stops you from removing all the mods from toons you have already used and add them to unused toons.
  • Last two posts by @Sfortune and @LVTrisha are right on the money.
  • Mynd
    233 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    NicWester wrote: »

Those are PvE; Yoda is once a month for a week and, once completed, offers nothing else for players. Palpatine event is rare and requires heroes most people haven't worked on. An event like this would benefit from the absence of crystal advantages imo. And the community as a whole would probably appreciate it more. Whales will already have advantages in mods and roster sizes.
  • Dhoey321 wrote: »

But i believe the crystal refreshes are per character which makes it more interesting.

Only MEGA whales will use it (i think)

example would be 50 or 100 crystals per character and only offensive character because the defensive team you choose will not be able to attack.

No it seems to refresh your entire roster.
    So you can use it for 1 character, 6 characters, or 20.
  • Serious question, should I use all my arena tokens now before it switches?
This discussion has been closed.