Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Skrapsetan wrote: »
    Serious question, should I use all my arena tokens now before it switches?

Nothing is switching.
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    Mynd wrote: »
    Be nice if there were more events that didn't offer crystal spending advantages. This one sounds like it would be a lot more fun without it.

But i believe the crystal refreshes are per character which makes it more interesting.

Only MEGA whales will use it (i think)

example would be 50 or 100 crystals per character and only offensive character because the defensive team you choose will not be able to attack.

No it seems to refresh your entire roster.
    So you can use it for 1 character, 6 characters, or 20.

The post says, "Squad Tournaments limit players to one use of each character, rewarding a diverse roster. Every 24 hours the characters are refreshed automatically, but players can also refresh characters with crystals."

Wouldn't it say, "but players can also refresh squads with crystals" if it were meant to refresh your whole roster? I think you are able to refresh your whole squad but i think it will be per character, or at least it should be.
  • So arena and arena tokens are gonna stay in place? I felt like the way they were wording it they were going to change arena to pvp
  • Skrapsetan wrote: »
    So arena and arena tokens are gonna stay in place? I felt like the way they were wording it they were going to change arena to pvp

I have seen nothing to indicate that the current arena is going away, and the notes refer to this new mode as an event. I could be wrong, but I am not spending my whopping 7k arena tokens.
  • Mynd wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Be nice if there were more events that didn't offer crystal spending advantages. This one sounds like it would be a lot more fun without it.

You mean like the Yoda, Palpatine, Credit/Droid Heist, or Lady's Week events?

Those are PvE; Yoda is once a month for a week and, once completed, offers nothing else for players. Palpatine event is rare and requires heroes most people haven't worked on. An event like this would benefit from the absence of crystal advantages imo. And the community as a whole would probably appreciate it more. Whales will already have advantages in mods and roster sizes.

Dude, the entire game is PvE. You're fighting the same AI whether it's a preset Cantina node battle, Galactic War, or someone's Arena team.

Yoda being monthly doesn't negate the fact that there's a monthly event that doesn't use crystals. That's exactly what you asked for.

My point isn't to say people who pay aren't going to get more bites at the apple in the tournament. I don't care. My point is that your logic isn't backed by facts.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    TIE fighter pilot is not the same as FOTP? New character?
    Wondering the same thing..

Empire character/New character

New character:
    slothe wrote: »
    Is the Tie Fighter Pilot new? Or were you referring to the First Order Tie Pilot?

New character! :)
  • NicWester wrote: »

Those are PvE; Yoda is once a month for a week and, once completed, offers nothing else for players. Palpatine event is rare and requires heroes most people haven't worked on. An event like this would benefit from the absence of crystal advantages imo. And the community as a whole would probably appreciate it more. Whales will already have advantages in mods and roster sizes.

Dude, the entire game is PvE. You're fighting the same AI whether it's a preset Cantina node battle, Galactic War, or someone's Arena team.

Yoda being monthly doesn't negate the fact that there's a monthly event that doesn't use crystals. That's exactly what you asked for.

My point isn't to say people who pay aren't going to get more bites at the apple in the tournament. I don't care. My point is that your logic isn't backed by facts.

I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing and comparing Yoda to this is not quite the same thing. If you don't see that, I cannot keep knocking my head against a brick wall expecting a different outcome. Yes, it is fact that the disparity between F2P and P2W continues to grow which is not good for the game's health overall. You cannot have one without the other. Whether the event has crystal refreshes or not won't make a whole lot of difference, it would just be nice if they'd consider ways to keep F2P and P2W in better balance because it's definitely getting more and more lobsided as more things are introduced to the game.

I wonder how Ships will upset this balance even more, because it absolutely will. As it were I am a whale, but I do see the bigger picture. The ultimate downfall of the game will be when it reaches a point where F2P can't even get out of the front door because there is too much to do and pay for to advance.
  • BOOOOOORIIIIIIINNNNNGGG
  • Can somebody tell me when IT happens ?
  • After 12 now on West coast. Was hoping update would happen now =(
  • Probably gonna happen on the 30th for us European and everyone east of that.
  • vector6000 wrote: »
    Probably gonna happen on the 30th for us European and everyone east of that.
    Probably

• DoomeyEyes
    264 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    F2P is not necessary for the health of the game... it's of benefit for the others because it creates an underclass that's relatively easy to beat... notwithstanding the few f2p players who are rigorous in their approach. That said, f2p and p2w are two ends of a spectrum. Most people fit somewhere in between... they spend a little bit of real money to get a modest boost and that's it. There are relatively few whales, a good deal more dolphins and a swarm of guppies.

Increasing the divide between players who spend and free riders is a good thing since it encourages more people to open their wallet, even to a modest degree, which will keep development robust. A new whale will come into the game every now and then, but nearly all of them are already in the game and have already spent all the money they need to, save for a new chromium character or two they really want. That means in order for revenue to keep coming in, CG needs to target people willing to spend a little to get a decent advantage... that means increasing the benefit of actually paying for the game. That's the only way the game won't stagnate. It seems CG knows this and is acting accordingly, and I say good.
  • Dev just said we won't see tournaments for a few days.. should have guessed as much.
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    Dev just said we won't see tournaments for a few days.. should have guessed as much.
    Where?
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    Dev just said we won't see tournaments for a few days.. should have guessed as much.

Where do you see that?
  • Mynd wrote: »

As it were I am a whale, but I do see the bigger picture. The ultimate downfall of the game will be when it reaches a point where F2P can't even get out of the front door because there is too much to do and pay for to advance.

I'm glad you pay as much as you do because it allows me to pay as little as I do. Don't worry about us. Let us worry about us.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I read the post, but it seems self contradictory. It says when they roll out a new major feature they like to let the dust settle for a few days before turning on new events. If they're don't start the tournaments then they haven't rolled out a major new feature and there is no dust that needs to settle. I think CG is good at making games, but awwwwwful at social media... please learn to speak/write clearly so nobody on our end has a stroke.
  • Pretty silly for them to do. Just **** off my guild showing them that. They all have been anticipating and checking their game all day.
  • AdmiralPiett2.jpg
    they closed the thread...
  • For some reason a dev has commented on the thread they closed saying the event will come out when it's ready and then some strange comment about 'do you remember what happened last time we did an update, you should be happy we are waiting'. This, of course, was confidence inspiring.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    To post @CG_CapGaSP latest update the right place and not in a closed thread
    The update is live right now, the forced client upgrade is happening in a few hours. Tournaments will be run like any other event. That is, scheduled. Do you all remember what happened with the last update? Because if you do I'd think you should be happy we're playing it safe and making sure everything is good to go before turning on the new thing. Please be patient. Seriously, we all want to get the first squad tournament fired up just as much as you do, but there's a right way to do this and that's what we're doing.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Since it is an event, seems like it would hit at midnight GMT - in about 3.5 hours.
  • @RyanRen it's not coming till next week mate
  • Why are there comments from July in this Sep. update thread???
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Ludmeister77
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Sounds to me there's currently three different statuses, concerning the new updates:

1) Changes which are already live, which don't affect gameplay and thus don't unbalance the game for those who haven't updated yet (UI changes, mostly, maybe a few bug fixes)
    2) Changes which will go live at forced update (bug fixes, new Cantina achievements, Cantina 4-D, etc.)
    3) The new tournament. The *functionality* of tournaments is already live, but the actual tournament is still being worked on, and tournaments will be released in an event-like fashion.

If I'm reading this all correctly, I'm good with it. I'll look forward to phase 2 of the changes going live tonight.
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    this info is getting worse, well i guess there is a virtue in patience eh?
This discussion has been closed.