Speed mod on RG?

Ok, looking for thoughts on this. Should I put a +26 speed mod on RG?

Pro: stuns more often
Con: taunt expires faster

What is the general consensus on this?

If the mod doesn't go on RG, is it worth taking +12% accuracy mods off Rey/QGJ/GS? I face plenty of OB leads and it feels (anecdotally) that the accuracy helps.

Replies

• I prefer him stunning more, I'm not a taunter (don't use one in arena) & I finish top 5 usually.
  • Interesting question ... my current composition benefits more with taunt.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    RG deserves Crit Avoidance on his arrow. He gets enough tm when the rest of your squad is injured.
  • TMK
    700 posts Member
    I have Protection as primary stat on him at Arrow slot and it works flawless.
  • Glarus wrote: »

If the mod doesn't go on RG, is it worth taking +12% accuracy mods off Rey/QGJ/GS? I face plenty of OB leads and it feels (anecdotally) that the accuracy helps.

Thats not only CON.. when you start picking speed as a stat.. over protection or life or potency or defense. You then have a really weak tank..making him more as a stunner role.. mine as well get E.Palp or Daka if your goal is to stun more.
  • Speed n Potency mods all day im f2p so i only have a 19+speed on a potency arrow but i do have 2 sets of potency mods for 45% total potency. I talked about this on the rg is dead thread. I run Phasma as my lead wit gs n qgj lol so even without the speed my rg is all over the place stunna = loss of turn = WIN. Its great watching ur toons assit there own hits too. Even with a 3 star gear 7 rg(hes now 4sg8) i was beating squads wit 3 to 4,000 more power then my squad. Now im rocking with the best 2 taunts rg n sth also Lol Got speed arrow should lol against the rules. I was dropping like 45 to 60 spots running underpowered squad (f2p) Now i dont think most people just dont wanna bother. But defently get speed for all ur toons n u gotta get potency too for rg so the stuns stick everytime so if you had to choose go potency
  • Xhere wrote: »
    Glarus wrote: »

Thats not only CON.. when you start picking speed as a stat.. over protection or life or potency or defense. You then have a really weak tank..making him more as a stunner role.. mine as well get E.Palp or Daka if your goal is to stun more.
    As a lover of the stun i would love those toons but u got to be a real established player to get OP and daka is alot easier to get but shes slow like all the sisters and doesnt manipulate turn meter like rg does. Ever since i 6star my sth i put rg on my bteam gw squad and his auto taunt is awesome against weak squads he saves a toon from getting murked then u clean the toon up wit a heal from jc n keep on trucking. But my BIGGEST gripe n its not wit u its with this whole notion that people assume emp pap is so easy to get. I hear it all the time "Just get Emp Pap" "Well then jus get the emporer" The Emporer is THE HARDEST TOON toon to get for a f2p guy if u didnt invest 100% 7star rebels
  • ^ this about EP.

As a lover of the stun i would love those toons but u got to be a real established player to get OP and daka is alot easier to get but shes slow like all the sisters and doesnt manipulate turn meter like rg does. Ever since i 6star my sth i put rg on my bteam gw squad and his auto taunt is awesome against weak squads he saves a toon from getting murked then u clean the toon up wit a heal from jc n keep on trucking. But my BIGGEST gripe n its not wit u its with this whole notion that people assume emp pap is so easy to get. I hear it all the time "Just get Emp Pap" "Well then jus get the emporer" The Emporer is THE HARDEST TOON toon to get for a f2p guy if u didnt invest 100% 7star rebels

Honestly, Emp is free and for most who played the game for 3 months or more easily got emp from the event. What i mean is... if you dont have a rebel team of 5 by now... what were you doing?!? As long as you played the game you should have easily got emp. Unless you just started playing then thats understandable
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    My rg gets protection arrow and triangle. He gets 11 speed from secondary and one potency cross. Stacked with defense secondaries and or protection percentages. Ur needs depend on ur opponents.

Personally I am not as concerned with shorter taunt as I am less hp. RG cant stun if his health is under 50% or he is dead. When it comes down to last two or three toons, rg stun shines. He needs to be able to stun 5s at the end. He needs to be alive and well while getting quadruple pew pewed.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    RG deserves Crit Avoidance on his arrow. He gets enough tm when the rest of your squad is injured.

This !!
  • Give it a try, you can always remove it if you don't like the results.
    Xhere wrote: »

Honestly, Emp is free and for most who played the game for 3 months or more easily got emp from the event. What i mean is... if you dont have a rebel team of 5 by now... what were you doing?!? As long as you played the game you should have easily got emp. Unless you just started playing then thats understandable

I've been playing since December and didn't have a rebel team capable of getting more than a 5* palp.

What I was doing? Having fun :) I just collect toons I like and play for fun. Droids, then ewoks and now jawas. I'm not f2p but only spent $50 in total in 10 months of play.

To be fair though, my teams were my choice so not complaining or upset I don't have palp now. I'll get him eventually :)
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    +1. 3 months and u should have rebels? 7 starred and geared?

3 months isn't enough time to finish an arena team. And no one on my entire shard started with rebels. At least no one that could make top 200 leaderboard for me to know about.

Aoe fix was recent. lando wasn't pvp ace he is now. St han is the only viable toon other than lando. Leia was made f2p just in time mebbe, but she was no longer relevant by then either. Ackbar had his day and still has some uses. So u got ackbar and St han.... Unless u had a fetish for rebels.
  • Xhere
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    LastJedi wrote: »
    +1. 3 months and u should have rebels? 7 starred and geared?

3 months isn't enough time to finish an arena team. And no one on my entire shard started with rebels. At least no one that could make top 200 leaderboard for me to know about.

Aoe fix was recent. lando wasn't pvp ace he is now. St han is the only viable toon other than lando. Leia was made f2p just in time mebbe, but she was no longer relevant by then either. Ackbar had his day and still has some uses. So u got ackbar and St han.... Unless u had a fetish for rebels.

I started 3 months ago and I barely got my Emp but 3 months ia actually enough time for Rebels... think about Arena store where did you use your rewards? Cmon all good rebels are in there. AA - Leia - St. Han.

Then GW... Phasma - Lumi - Teebo then dumped my points into Biggs

Catina im sure top choices are QGJ - Fives - Scout. Also having to spend only 8 cantina energy on GS and Lando was what I did and most probably did as well before Mods came out.

You dont need to have rebel fetish.. im curious what path you were on.. as I explained mines..

Thats why I said if you just played the game as intended and picked toons that was common to use then having 5 Rebel toons wasnt hard to do... Im in a 3 month old shard and I would say 70% of people have Emp either as 5* or 7* but my point is getting EMP was easy for most.

And who said Emp had to be 7* and geared. Having him on-high potency mods and only 5* he does the job as a support.
  • RG's speed is only for more stuning. Always it is better to have quicker team...
    Possible RG's problems :
    - low tenacity and often be stuned ... the speed lets to shorten stuned time
    - low potency and small chance for make stun ... speed will do nothing