Game update - 1/21/2016

Replies

• Can i ask why the game now has award chests on every other battle? I have never seen them before as far as I can recall... x6hiu0.png
  • Michajam
    133 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

Small update today.
    • Daily Crystal Booster Packs are now available for players who have spent at least $4.99 in the store.
    • The text on Lobot's ability Parallel Processing has been updated to more closely reflect how the ability works.

Idea for future packs
    1st purchase 10.99
    2nd purchase 8.99
    3rd purchase 6.99
    4th purchase 4.99
    5th purchase 2.99
    6th purchase .99 + extra 1k loyalty bonus
    7th purchase starts back at 10.99 + extra 1k loyalty bonus

What are your thoughts? I figured this doesn't mess with people who already spent money plus it gives incentives for people who really value deals.
  • Why so much whining and complaining? What is wrong with you people?
  • JoJoMo_007 wrote: »
    Why so much whining and complaining? What is wrong with you people?

Lmao, If you like being rip off, that's your problem. The complaints are more than valid, Marketing 101 brown noser never provide valuable data, only negative effects of a decision are of great value. Unless your intentions are to have only one type of demographic, then priority will be different from what feedback you get. I already posted a reasonable constructive criticism and that was in very good intentions to help them keep this game going.what there doing now will cost them, there trying to be something there not.
  • Lol shock everyone is moaning. Thanx for the update. Me likey
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Weeh weeh I can't buy the Crystals for 2 extra dollars. Grow up and stop the flaming about every decission made.. It's really shameless.
    Ok so prices went up, you have a choice not to buy it.

@EA_Jesse Thanks for bringing the pack back, too bad it's not the same pricemodel anymore but still worth it imo. Let the haters hate.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Since he is the only shoemaker available you either buy the shoes or walk barefoot.
    It's a monopoly, but it is what it is.

Have you been to the market recently? Google play market or App store, whatever is your cup? Making a game is as far from monopoly as you can get, last I've checked, and tons of them offer better value, quality and support for less money.

Marketing 101 LOL for other currencies it's a random set of numbers anyway. And grossly overpriced. I remember a thread where people compared the pack's price to one lunch price. Well, for us it's more like three lunches price. I can afford it but there is no way I would.
  • At least Deck Heroes will get you 3000 gems/crystals for a full month with 5,99€. For 99€ you get 8200 gems/crystals, so this deal is way better than the one EA comes up with. Ill take a pass here....
  • @EA_Jesse can you give us an update about the next major update including new characters?
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    From dealing with customers in retail I can tell you that when a customer sees $9.99 they think it's $9. They will even say, "No, it says $9."

It's much, much smarter to make prices lower.

But thank you Jesse!!!!!
    The long awaited crystal subs have returned!!!

That only works for ldiots.

And this wolrd is full of them!
  • Daykos
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Yea, this is a pretty terrible deal. 100 crystals in this game gets you next to nothing, and its basically an $11 dollar sub for 21 days? Not even a month - are you actually serious? I love this game and have spent a pretty decent amount on it, but how are you actually trying to match the sub price of WoW - that's literally a massively expansive MMO which has a ridiculous amount of players AND content - which your game is already severely lacking (I know Wow is pretty much dead now and the content sucks, but it's just an example). And in that game its around $12 for 30 days. This is pretty sad considering people are already spending a significant amount money on your game and are literally fueling it - you'd think that would stop you from being obscenely greedy, but apparently not. ALSO - you stated before that you were "testing the waters" with the previous sub plans. Okay cool, tests are great. The only thing is, you tested other prices/crystal amounts which people DID buy and that were all MUCH better than the new current offer - so to you that means hey, we better raise the prices and make it a terrible deal? I will 100% NOT be buying this subscription, and I advise everyone else against it so they realize that 1. We're not **** and 2. They need to change it. It's a complete rip-off.
  • This isn't greed, they set a price. It is a better deal than the $100 deal, it isn't as good of a deal as the original subscription which I never got, but it is better than all the other existing deals. If that isn't something you want to pay for then don't, but considering this is the best deal in the game, if the other bundles is not "greed" than neither is this. You wanted more, up to you if that means you dont buy it, and that is the basics of supply and demand enough people don't buy it EA will do something different next time.
  • I didn't have any money to be tempted by the pack with anyway. :) If I did, you can be sure I would spend it on liquor over this.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • What happened to the shard drop rates? I feel like it is significantly different, not in a good way...

Anyone else experiencing similar lack in drops?
  • What happened to the shard drop rates? I feel like it is significantly different, not in a good way...

I believe they've been nerfed, I got the sub for the sole reason to farm Kylo a little bit faster since I couldnt afford to with the free shards I get every day. Guess what, I'm getting the exact same shards. Before the sub patch I was getting 4-6 Kylo shards a day from cantina... Now with an extra 10 attempts with the crystal sub I got 5 Kylo shards both days.

Yeah yeah too early to tell off 2 days attempts but getting 4-6 shards over 12 attempts vs 5 shards over 22 attempts each day smells kinda fishy to me. Also both days I went 1/12 Dooku, 2/12 Rey, 2/12 Barriss, 0/6 Jedi Annakin when I had been getting double or triple that on average.

RNG for free games to really tell if they make any changes are usually hard to tell in the first place because they're generally set abysmally low anyways to force people to spam their credit card.
  • illessen wrote: »
    What happened to the shard drop rates? I feel like it is significantly different, not in a good way...

I believe they've been nerfed, I got the sub for the sole reason to farm Kylo a little bit faster since I couldnt afford to with the free shards I get every day. Guess what, I'm getting the exact same shards. Before the sub patch I was getting 4-6 Kylo shards a day from cantina... Now with an extra 10 attempts with the crystal sub I got 5 Kylo shards both days.

Yeah yeah too early to tell off 2 days attempts but getting 4-6 shards over 12 attempts vs 5 shards over 22 attempts each day smells kinda fishy to me. Also both days I went 1/12 Dooku, 2/12 Rey, 2/12 Barriss, 0/6 Jedi Annakin when I had been getting double or triple that on average.

RNG for free games to really tell if they make any changes are usually hard to tell in the first place because they're generally set abysmally low anyways to force people to spam their credit card.

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with dismally similar results. Phone games can be the most frustrating things (who would have thunk)...hate to complain since I am really a FTP, though. I normally get a feel for things (the overall economy and rate of return) and then spend money once I feel I am not throwing it into a pit (even though I am). After playing for just over a month, I am enjoying the game overall. RNG pre-subpatch seemed like decent pacing...oh well.

After retiring from HODA, I wondered if this would be a reskin of that - fortunately, not. I like the more casual feel of SWH. As many have said, the greed can really botch a game up.

@illessen Hopefully, it is just a fluke; most likely not, haha. May the odds ever be in your favor! Cannot seem to get the last 6 shards for Dooku...it's as if the game knows
  • Since i spent 0$ on this game i cant see the new update. It s not fair
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    I find it odd that so many significant and reported bugs on heroes abilities remain unchanged, whilst unreported things like a description for a Lobot ability that has zero impact on the game seems to get priority.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • anyone know how much this crystal pack in australia? thanks
  • illessen wrote: »
    What happened to the shard drop rates? I feel like it is significantly different, not in a good way...

Glad to hear that I am not the only one with dismally similar results. Phone games can be the most frustrating things (who would have thunk)...hate to complain since I am really a FTP, though. I normally get a feel for things (the overall economy and rate of return) and then spend money once I feel I am not throwing it into a pit (even though I am). After playing for just over a month, I am enjoying the game overall. RNG pre-subpatch seemed like decent pacing...oh well.

After retiring from HODA, I wondered if this would be a reskin of that - fortunately, not. I like the more casual feel of SWH. As many have said, the greed can really botch a game up.

@illessen Hopefully, it is just a fluke; most likely not, haha. May the odds ever be in your favor! Cannot seem to get the last 6 shards for Dooku...it's as if the game knows

I have similar results. It's not uncommon for me to go 0/10 on an attempt for Kylo the past 3 days. Which is frustrating. Along with only getting 1 Dooku a day with 2 refreshes for attempts. So 1/15. It was low for me before. But it's been pretty bad lately. Hopefully it picks up. Soon. But overall enjoying the game.
  • Since i spent 0$ on this game i cant see the new update. It s not fair

So, you've not spent any money, and you want to see the update so you can...

...spend money? That's literally all this update does.

If you want to get a sub, just buy a $4.99 crystal pack. Then you will see the option to buy the crystal subscription.
  • What I find interesting and I am not sure if tie is EA/CG or iTunes with exchange rate for Canada but the old highest crystal pack was 119 CDN is now 139 CDN that increase was not in patch notes was it increased in US as well or just Canadian dollar issues as our loonie is in the ****.
  • @Slippery_Puma Thanks for the reply. I don't think it is pure coincidence. As stated by @illessen - a nerf seems to be the culprit. It would be appreciatied if they would make mention of it in updates...it comes off a bit deceitful.

It would be nice if more people would comment on it and we could get a response with a balance between old and new drop rates. The HODA community always seem to propel change; hopefully, we can get that going here in time.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Bring back $5 dooku.. I willl buy it
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • anyone know how much this crystal pack in australia? thanks

Appears to be $16.99 AUD.

• D3M0N wrote: »
    Can i ask why the game now has award chests on every other battle? I have never seen them before as far as I can recall... x6hiu0.png

Visual bug , try clearing your cache
  • Keaven wrote: »
    I find it odd that so many significant and reported bugs on heroes abilities remain unchanged, whilst unreported things like a description for a Lobot ability that has zero impact on the game seems to get priority.

Gonna second this hope that some major fixes to ai gameplay and decision making as well as ability bug fixes occur in the coming patch. Hope this was just a teaser.

• I vote that its greed, and why are Americans geting so upset that folks are speaking freely?
    -FightinPhantom 303rd/720th Mile High City
    191568986 Ally Code
    Phightin.Phantom@gmail.com
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    You guys sure whine a lot. Dont buy it and maybe they will change the prices. I havent spent a penny on this game and I could probably beat most of you cry babies.
  • jafla wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

Gonna second this hope that some major fixes to ai gameplay and decision making as well as ability bug fixes occur in the coming patch. Hope this was just a teaser.

yea When i saw the Lobot description fix, i was lmao, No were on forums was this ever discussed, let alone be of any importance. There obviously afraid of making any real changes to broken toons.Frist order pilot Has Crazy amounts of health at star level 7, They have not fix this, Also some other toons who are not tanks, get this outrages Hp boost at 7 stars.
This discussion has been closed.