Game Update - 9/28/2016 Comments and Questions- ***MEGATHREAD***

18910111214Next

Replies

• I can't acces the game.
    ERROR - cant download localization files
  • I can't acces the game.
    ERROR - cant download localization files

if you have SD card remove it and try again. Some reports that this fixes issue.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/69443/seriously-what-is-going-on#latest
  • Still nothing. Reistall, sd card, cache clear, reboots, plane mode etc. Tried everything, but error about cant download localization files is still there! It's almost two days guys, come on!
    Ally Code: 916 394 561
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Can't wait :)

image.png

Can't wait for the pop up to stop!!!!!! it is getting annoying.
  • When does the tournament start
  • Lanj54 wrote: »
    When does the tournament start

Read the announcements and messages they send in your inbox.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • wantowan2
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    scuba wrote: »

image.png

Agreed. Such hype! lol That pop up was/is viral. Every 10 seconds, literally. I tried to tap my way out of it and one of them was a crystal offer. Ended up with an extra 1500 crystals. When does "The Weekend" start?
  • I'm seriously lost. I've updated the game but I don't understand why there's no new event. What am I missing?
  • Since downloading update I haven't been able to play. Only opens to first screen and stops.
  • FØRŒ wrote: »
    Since downloading update I haven't been able to play. Only opens to first screen and stops.

Check google play games. That needs to be updated too. There seems to be some confusion here with dev. They said that they updated google play services. They state that they updated from v.4.* to v.9.*. WoW. Been awhile but I just can't see an api jump like this and have it work.
    Google doesn't often push, on demand, google play back end. As it isn't even avail. on play store.
    Now, google play games is avail. However there versioning would still be off as the most up to date is v.3.7.
    Perhaps this stopped final testing before roll out and caused these erratic cryptic messages. As of EST. In one hour and a half, this is 2 days late.
    That or I should just stop waiting...lol
  • wantowan2 wrote: »
    FØRŒ wrote: »
    Since downloading update I haven't been able to play. Only opens to first screen and stops.

Check google play games. That needs to be updated too. There seems to be some confusion here with dev. They said that they updated google play services. They state that they updated from v.4.* to v.9.*. WoW. Been awhile but I just can't see an api jump like this and have it work.
    Google doesn't often push, on demand, google play back end. As it isn't even avail. on play store.
    Now, google play games is avail. However there versioning would still be off as the most up to date is v.3.7.
    Perhaps this stopped final testing before roll out and caused these erratic cryptic messages. As of EST. In one hour and a half, this is 2 days late.
    That or I should just stop waiting...lol

Already updated Google Play, still nothing.
  • I just have an inquiry
    Is this double drop in cantina & hard battles only for the weekend or till the pvp tournament?
  • Please don't all gang up on me, there's a lot of chat going on. So no new stuff yet? I don't mind waiting but it's not yet so I know I've not missed the proposed new activities?
  • I don't thint that the tournament stuff is live yet cosmic thing and the double drop s only this week end I believe
  • Topersky wrote: »
    Still nothing. Reistall, sd card, cache clear, reboots, plane mode etc. Tried everything, but error about cant download localization files is still there! It's almost two days guys, come on!

The problem: as far i detect, the problem is with the SD Card (no, your SD is not having any problem), it looks like the last update have problem when downloading file to the SD, maybe, it isent detecting very well the size of the SD card. (this is why iphone users dos not have this problem).

For the Developers: find that source of code and debug it pliz.

The Solution: This is not a fix but it will let you play the game (2 knows fix).

FIX 1: Quick fix

1- move the game to the internar storage
    2- in your cellphone settings, go to storage/ and set "default storage location" to internal storage, this will restart your phone to apply changes (it will not erase any data).
    3- start the game and try.

FIX 2: too many steeps

1- unistall the game (be sure to be registered with your google play account in the game before this)
    2- turn off you phone and remove ur SD card
    3- turn on phone and download the game
    4- start the game and download all stuff the game download XD
    5- exit the game
    6- turn off you phone and insert the SD Card
    7- in your cellphone settings, go to storage/ and set "default storage location" to internal storage, this will restart your phone to apply changes (it will not erase any data).
    8- start the game and try.

i hope this help you guys.
  • Thnx Darkanof for your input, tried but nothing. I can't find in Android 4.4.2 option to move apk from internal memory to sd card.
    This is Sunday, I will wait next week, maybe they can solve the issue. If not... With broken hear I will lost my game 800 exp to 80 lvl :(
    Ally Code: 916 394 561
  • Can you add new toons please? i have maxed them all now.
  • Tried to enter the new event, just shows rewards. Been that way since it went active.
  • Topersky wrote: »
    Thnx Darkanof for your input, tried but nothing. I can't find in Android 4.4.2 option to move apk from internal memory to sd card.
    This is Sunday, I will wait next week, maybe they can solve the issue. If not... With broken hear I will lost my game 800 exp to 80 lvl :(

OK, I'm an android dev., but I haven't worked on 4.4.2 in 2 years or so. Bare with me.
    These days this is easier and these guys might be relying on it.
    Tell me:
    Is your device rooted?
    Try going to settings/apps
    Find the game
    Click it and see if there are permissions? Storage/permissions? Inside app prefs.
    If so click on it and see if you can allow for sdcard.

That should do it. Restoring this app will not also restore perms. So if you are rooted and restore with say Titanium Backup, you still need to ad the permission.

Last and I'm not sure if you need to be rooted is any app the does "app to sdcard" on play store.

Of course this is all way easier on a good current rooted ROM....lol
  • All this promo for Pathfinder and extra hype for the 29th? All this push for crystals and the cryptic message which is "You need to acquire". Then the teaser for the tournament???? Waiting... With yet another char, " ShoreTrooper"?

Well, I have burned through my months worth of crystals (10000) on only what I could imagine what is required for this mythical event. So if the goal was for me to spend my money, done well Devs.

I could really use several dozen Omega Matt's?
  • Stop closing Threads!
    I don't wanna megathreads - it's not possible to discuss here about one specific topic!!
  • wantowan2
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Now I know why the crystal sale! lol
    "Honestly", when listing the minimum reqs, you need to be honest. I vaguely remember some place it mentioned that you would need to buy your chars back to use them again. This tournament is not based on skill nor squad lvl. Its based on how much money you have to waste. All it is is a Galactic battle but huge money.
    Should say:
    Player level: 80
    Gear level 6+: 15
    Money: $1000min or you can not win anything.

I hate that I am complaining. Maybe I just don't get what a mobile "game" means for me. You know, something to pass the time in between getting ripped off by a beta release. With the amount I have spent on this game, I could have purchased a half descent used car!!! Taken up sky diving all the way up to instructor level. A 3 week vacation in downtown Paris or the Riviera.....

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

image.png

I miss the pop up - it was more fun than the actual event turned out to be.
This discussion has been closed.