Boba > Dengar?

Prev1
Just activated The Fett, he has to be better then Dengar, no?

Replies

• Options
    No, he isn't. Dengar atleast had his use in the raid with tenacity down. Boba is weak and has low HP.
  • Options
    In my opinion, Boba is useless outside of being leader. When he is leader though he can shine, 50% crit damage and 10% crit chance? Certain teams will love that, especially characters like Lando!
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    Better check out his gearing before u start....
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I mainly want him for my scoundrel team. Currently it is 88, Chewie, Cad Bane, STH, Dengar. I can run the 50 to 70 credit heist, but working on levelling etc. Wanted Boba, for lead.
  • Options
    gobears21 wrote: »

That bad? I figured g8, should be good for CH, yes?
  • Zarbax
    256 posts Member
    Options

No, not really. Though, as long as you have your other scoundrels sufficiently geared and levelled, it shouldn't matter.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Cad g7 7*, 88 g8 6*, STH g6 6*, Chewie g8 4*, Dengar 3* g6. Like I said, still needs work. But it breezes thru CH 50 to 70.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options

He's pretty useless. Get him if you want to waste your resources to just see his 7* pixel on your mobile device lit up.
  • Options
    probably even better with phasma lead also she can give advantage buff
    the cake is a lie
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I only want him for my Scoundrels team for Credit Heist, not arena or raids :)
  • Options
    not sure about boba because he's my 5th guy on heist team(cad lead,sth,dengar,chew)
    i got him 5star g8 0/6, his basic kinda okay, ability block from aoe kinda reliable despite his low potency(tbh save my butt a lot at 5th wave) the thing is, he is so much need of raid gear
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    Is dengar that bad??
  • Options
    Boba will be reworked soon. Get him in preparation for that because every reworked toon has been a boss
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    Is dengar that bad??

to the bone
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    He's a good leader for credit heist, means my lando can 1 shot the first 2 phases with his aoe on the hardest tier, he's a rubbish individual toon but have him leader with high crit chance Lando and Anakin and the results are absolutely disgusting.
  • Options
    I run boba 7* g8 in heist. Is he good? No. St han and lando carry that team. Others are ig88 and cad bane. Im hoping for rework. He is OK as leader on door drop vs rancor but thats like, 3rd or 4th string at this point
  • Options
    I don't know. I like him. He helps my fairly competitive arena team a lot. Great leader, but even when he's not leader ( sometimes I'll switch to lando ) he still has an essential spot on my team. I use him as an aoe dot stacker with Dengar. I find Boba is still top 10 arena worthy wether I use him as leader or not. Although I do use him mostly as leader.
  • Options
    @Chewplebcca you must be on a young shard. A squad with boba fett would be fodder on mine.
  • Options
    Foxxphyre wrote: »
    @Chewplebcca you must be on a young shard. A squad with boba fett would be fodder on mine.

Not young. My top 10 is rex, wiggs, and palpi teams. I'm the only Boba in top 10. Heck, I think I'm the only one using him on my shard. More people are catching on though. I see some other people are actually using him now too in the meta report.

• Options
    Boba Fat eats 6 raid gear just to get to gear 10.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    ShewardN wrote: »
    In my opinion, Boba is useless outside of being leader. When he is leader though he can shine, 50% crit damage and 10% crit chance? Certain teams will love that, especially characters like Lando!

He is a Raid Gear Trophy hero. But yeah, some AOE crib teams can shine with his lead if you have the speed. (I'm no so-secretly hoping to get the mods to do this soon).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Okay, hypothetically speaking, With his crit buff, and Leia, and Rey, Barriss, and RG.....?
  • Options
    Both Dengar & Boba suck IMO, but Boba sucks much more.
    I recently had a 5 scoundrel team and wanted to replace Boba, so I levelled Dengar. When Dengar got to the same gear level and level as Boba, including stars, Dengar was superior. This is due to having MUCH better attacks (stun, relatively strong basic attack esp with assist, and those bombs) and also better HP and even speed.
    Boba has bad HP, bad attacks, the worst is his speed. His only redeemable factor is his leader ability, but I just dont feel the need for it on a scoundrel team, where I prefer Bane or Lando as leader.

Personally I feel both Dengar & Boba are wastes, though there could be "special" uses for Dengar (raid, etc).
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Dengar >>>> Boba. Boba's leader ability is very good but that's where his advantages seemingly end. Yes, reviving 30% of the time is one thing but he is so slow as to make little gain from this so that negates the advantage. Dengar on the other hand, though harder to get/farm, has more utility. He's a little faster and tenacity down really helps on the rancor raids as so many others have already pointed out.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Boba Fett sucks. I was so disappointed. Slow as can be, low health, not very dangerous at all. He needs a complete rework ala Anakin. I'd like to see them retool his abilities, add another ability and give him Clone synergy. He is a Clone, afterall. He really should be a Meta character. And if these boards are any indication, there's widespread support for buffing/changing him and I suspect that one day the devs will give him a full rework and all of a sudden everyone will be scrambling to add him to their meta mix.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    Boba Fett sucks. I was so disappointed. Slow as can be, low health, not very dangerous at all. He needs a complete rework ala Anakin. I'd like to see them retool his abilities, add another ability and give him Clone synergy. He is a Clone, afterall. He really should be a Meta character. And if these boards are any indication, there's widespread support for buffing/changing him and I suspect that one day the devs will give him a full rework and all of a sudden everyone will be scrambling to add him to their meta mix.

He's not a clone. The clones were made from him. Say I have a momma cow and she has babies. It doesn't make the momma cow a baby cow does it?
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    People still think Boba sucks? Interesting. While people are arguing over who sucks worse ( Boba or Dengar ) I'm using them both at the same time in arena jajaja
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Options
    For credit heist he did the job for me until I got better scoundrels even at 4*/G7, but now since I have a real good scoundrel team I don't use Boba anymore. There are so much better scoundrels around.
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    rawman wrote: »
    For credit heist he did the job for me until I got better scoundrels even at 4*/G7, but now since I have a real good scoundrel team I don't use Boba anymore. There are so much better scoundrels around.

Are you serious? I don't mean that in a confrontational way. I'm just curious because my roster is primarily scoundrel focused. I have every scoundrel except Nute and Zam and they are all max geared except GG who is very close. In terms of arena and credit heist I ended up putting many of them on the backburner in favor of Boba and Dengar. I find having Dengar and Boba on my team is much more useful then Cad or Greedo etc... Who are not even that bad themselves. Together they are a key part of being top 10 competitively for me. If I took them out of my line-up, my successful scoundrel arena team would falter.
  • Options
    It seems the most successful arena teams right now are built around wiggs and lando with the other two spots being relatively open. I think throwing boba in their as a leader is a viable, but underutilized strategy. The 50% crit damage is no joke.