CHARACTER STRATEGIES - Poe Dameron, Finn and Rey

Replies

• xgame23
    43 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I guess you are F2P player. Therefore, the best squad for you to be in top 10 (with 70 cap) on your sever is:

Sid (leader) (153 speed)

GS (farm in Catina - needs to be at least 6*) (140 speed). P2P players use him a lots

Poe (3* full geared at lvl 61 with 143 speed is still very useful) => must have to be in top 10

Lumi (slow))

Poggle (142)

Explanations:
    (I am expecting the top 10 on ur sever may have even better combination such as Rey, Poe and Leia or Rey, Poe and QGJ).
    The top 10 (even 20) on really really strong severs has no Phasma, Kylo, Lumi, and Poggle. They have similar squads that are the combinations of FOTP, QGJ, Leia, Poe (must have), Sid, GS and Old Ben ( he is falling off)

Sid as leader benefits everyone in your squad and deals decent dam. ( either Poe or Sid can goes first)

Poe is is the toon who decides the outcome. If your Poe (143 speed) goes first, he taunts and your whole squad (may be not Lumi) goes first and his job is done after that. The rest is left to your glass cannon toon - GS)

GS hits very hard (high base dam and high chance for critical hits) and call his teammates to bully (2 secs cool-down). Poggle should goes before GS and buffs dam, so your GS will 1 shot Rey ( assumed 5*, full geared, lvl 60, 7k3 hp) every single time. In general, your GS has a chance 1 shot everyone who has less than or equal 9k hp. In conclusion, in turn 1, your Gs and Sid will finish 1 glass cannon and lower hp of the rests.

Then its Lumi's turn. Your Lumi should goes after their Poe. Its your choice to Force Blast or Heal ( i recommend not heal Poe and finish their Poe off)).
    In long run you need to replace Lumi to be in top 10 at lvl70 with stronger offense toons. There is no time to heal in top 10 arena at lvl 70

P/s Stop farming Kylo and Phasma, They (7* full geared) do nothing in high end PVP in current meta
  • xgame23 wrote: »
    I guess you are F2P player. Therefore, the best squad for you to be in top 10 (with 70 cap) on your sever is:

Sid (leader) (153 speed)

GS (farm in Catina - needs to be at least 6*) (140 speed). P2P players use him a lots

Poe (3* full geared at lvl 61 with 143 speed is still very useful) => must have to be in top 10

Lumi (slow))

Poggle (142)

Explanations:
    (I am expecting the top 10 on ur sever may have even better combination such as Rey, Poe and Leia or Rey, Poe and QGJ).
    The top 10 (even 20) on really really strong severs has no Phasma, Kylo, Lumi, and Poggle. They have similar squads that are the combinations of FOTP, QGJ, Leia, Poe (must have), Sid, GS and Old Ben ( he is falling off)

Sid as leader benefits everyone in your squad ( either Poe or Sid can goes first)

Poe is is the toon who decides the outcome. If your Poe (143 speed) goes first, he taunts and your whole squad (may be not Lumi) goes first and his job is done after that. The rest is left to your glass cannon toon - GS)

GS hits very hard (high base dam and high chance for critical hits) and call his teammates to bully (2 secs cool-down). Poggle should goes before GS and buffs dam, so your GS will 1 shot Rey ( assumed 5*, full geared, lvl 60, 7k3 hp) every single time. In general, your GS has a chance 1 shot everyone who has less than or equal 9k hp.

Then its Lumi's turn. Your Lumi should goes after their Poe. Its your choice to Force Blast or Heal ( i recommend not heal Poe and finish their Poe off)).
    In long run you need to replace Lumi to be in top 10 at lvl70 with stronger offense toons. There is no time to heal in top 10 arena at lvl 70

P/s Stop farming Kylo and Phasma, They do nothing in high end PVP in current meta

I have a 3* biggs ive been farming in cantina, should i just go straight for geo soldier?
  • xGame - great outline. For me, I think I've gone about as far as I can with my Phasma & Kylo. I have Poe just about fully geared up. I have GEO however fully geared, only a 4* but he rocks in GW. I have Poggle, 4* but level 6. Does he need to be gear 7? I have his abilities at 3 or better.

Known as íN Quartus Ω in the game
    Member of Team Instinct

• Willkimm98 wrote: »

I have a 3* biggs ive been farming in cantina, should i just go straight for geo soldier?

Straight for GS

• MufasaBigD wrote: »
    xGame - great outline. For me, I think I've gone about as far as I can with my Phasma & Kylo. I have Poe just about fully geared up. I have GEO however fully geared, only a 4* but he rocks in GW. I have Poggle, 4* but level 6. Does he need to be gear 7? I have his abilities at 3 or better.

He deals decent dam as a support, so he needs
  • I have Chewie level 5.. Now i hear Poe is prob better.. i think i shud go farm Poe?
  • Situation:

Just 5*ed fives, and about to integrate him into my arena team. But I have a 3* Poe gathering dust - probably should have started working on him ages ago. Thinking of starting to star him up.

Advantage - simple. In the current meta, he's awesome, and, for a FTP player especially, almost mandatory.

Disadvantages:
    (1) It's going to take almost 3 weeks to get him to 5*, 2 months to get him to 7*.
    (2) in the meantime, diverting resources from my arena team. Primarily shards for fives, but also gear and credits and ability mats.
    (3) he may get nerfed.

So ... Continue on fives, switch to Poe, or save my cantina shipments until I see how bad the nerf is? Any advice?
  • " he may get nerfed" no evidence of this. They "may" buff Royal Guard.
  • go with Fives. I'm seeing him in the top 10 teams.
  • Great question! I have a variation on it:

Since Poe is so useful based on his taunt (sacrifice), what is the minimum star level to get him "useful" to a top 100 team? Would a 4 star Poe be sufficient to serve his purpose among a team of 6* and 7*?
  • Why does my poe not go first? 121 speed at 5* gear level 6. He should go first, idk why he isnt
  • 121 is Turn 8, Not 7.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Why does my poe not go first? 121 speed at 5* gear level 6. He should go first, idk why he isnt

Go first before who? His max speed is 143. At 121 he's not fast at all. You need to read the speed guide by Instinct
  • When people use poe, he goes 1st or second, why does mine not got first or second? You didnt answer my question
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    When people use poe, he goes 1st or second, why does mine not got first or second? You didnt answer my question

He doesn't go first cause his speed is not upgraded. Your Poe needs more love and better gear.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    A four star Poe with max gear works if paired with some hardhitters. He needs to be level 61 so he has 143 speed
  • You were answered. Read the speed guide.
  • Merilon
    143 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Fives is kind of poor in defense I think. When he is the last toon standing the slowing counters do not hurt at all.
    But he is absolutely awsome for the Tank challenge!
  • I dont know where to find it
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Basically you need to get max gear.

My Poe is 138 (+5) from gear. I'm not sure if the +5 is included or not, but if it isn't, I'm at 143 and will have priority over a Poe at 121
  • l3end3r wrote: »
    Basically you need to get max gear.

My Poe is 138 (+5) from gear. I'm not sure if the +5 is included or not, but if it isn't, I'm at 143 and will have priority over a Poe at 121

What gear level? 7?
  • Just depends. I don't think 5's is amazing at 7*, but he has a large health pool if you're building a tanky team or counter team.

Personally, I got my Bobba to 5* and made the switch to Poe. It was a great decision on my part
  • " he may get nerfed" no evidence of this. They "may" buff Royal Guard.

Yeah, way too much speculation going on.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Poe is a great asset to have, but are there seriously no powerful alternative teams? If not, then the Poe-hate has merit, but if so.... Whiny-babies
  • I would go Han before Chewie
  • At this point, basically every top 50 team I fight has Poe, and he is indeed devastating. There are good PTP teams without him, but FTP teams universally slide out of the top 50 without him. Kind of stinks getting on the bandwagon so late, but I don't really see that I have a choice. :(
  • Today I again got rank 3 in level 59/60 server without poe. I am ftp. Will good not farming him till as late as possible. I have credits to farm him but want to see if any new toon are added in cantina shipment.
  • numore wrote: »
    What I have seen with Poe is that he does not have the same HP nor the same armor than chewie, so when i taunt with him , he tends to die faster. He doesnt have the same self healing than chewie. I dont know what do you think

Yes. That's what I think. I would use Poe and Chewie except I have Mace already. Poe just goes down too fast. Then getting brutalized

• I think Poe has possibilities in some special synergies late game; however, I've pretty much had to put him away for almost everything because he simply does not have the HP or damage resist (or combo thereof) to withstand his own special (which is kinda ridiculous really). He is just SO squishy.

I have an idea on how to use him but boy is it dependent on having a very specific character set at 5*+ basically.

If only you knew then what everyone cries about now :wink:
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    I have both Luke and Finn at 4 stars, Luke is lvl 60 4/6 VII while Finn is lvl 57 3/6 VII. They hit about the same 1.3-1.6k uncrit. But I have heard so many good things about Luke and so many bad things about Finn, so weird.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007