***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• @pac0naut good points and there really isn't a difference EA/CG don't do anything to them and they know they can do stuff like this and get away with it.
  • Getting back in again. I haven't played since guilds were introduced. I created my own guild, TIE fighters Union, played for about a month, then demoted myself, and quit playing. What should I be doing, what are mods, what's meta now?
  • If you've been out that long, restart. You're in a shard where you'll never be able to catch up.
  • I'm not restarting. I've got over $100 into this with lots of 7* toons. If it's that bad, I'll just quit again.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    As I was contemplating my best course of action (iow how to get the most points out of my crystals), I just realized something else that is wrong (by design) with this stupid tournament: diminishing returns. Why are there less points available at the top? This basically incentives everybody to hoard their toons until right before refresh and then do all their matches in a rush.

I can't think of any good reason why beating someone ranked 2000 should give you max (200) points, while beating rank 1 gives you approx half that.

This double incentivizes dropping first and fighting later: not only are the opponents expected to be easier, but you get more points for beating them!
  • just farm the mods. go for 5 dot health mods. don't waste resources on anything else and you'll be right back in it.
  • save yourself the pain and just quit again lol
  • probably to get people to spend at higher ranks
  • Well, best of luck to you. I left for three months and I'll never get back to where I was, and I had over ten times what you have invested in the game. Hell, F2P players have more invested then that.

• I pay for refresh in a legit way of competing hard defense setup teams. Once I hit rank 3, there comes these Top guild players exploiting the tournament system to kick me out. i have screen shot of these famous top guild players exploiting the tournament system and EA does nothing. So I'm done with paying and supporting this game.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    As I was contemplating my best course of action (iow how to get the most points out of my crystals), I just realized something else that is wrong (by design) with this **** tournament: diminishing returns. Why are there less points available at the top? This basically incentives everybody to hoard their toons until right before refresh and then do all their matches in a rush.

I can't think of any good reason why beating someone ranked 2000 should give you max (200) points, while beating rank 1 gives you approx half that.

This double incentivizes dropping first and fighting later: not only are the opponents expected to be easier, but you get more points for beating them!

I'm not sure this is how it works. I think points are determined by your point level. As you hit 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 points, the number of points you get for wins is decreased. I've been at the top the nearly the entire time and the points continue to go down no matter what rank I am in.
  • Since you been gone the meta has changed several times you will have alot of catching up to do and it wouldn't be an easy road for you. With mods you have to have the right stats on primaries and secondary stats or you won't be able to compete. Not telling you to quit or come back just letting you know comeback won't be easy.
  • Episode 2 added :)
  • OK so I'm not saying anyone is cheating or exploiting. I'll post the pic u can say what's going on maybe bent wookie or vip3r can explain this picture maybe Lucifer's daddy has an opinion or wants to comment on it as weel. That way I'm not saying anything other than wow I really wish I didn't spend tons of crystals trying to compete. I will say I will never spend money buying crystals personally until the ones I spent on this are refunded.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ijeoi

Can ea Jessie bent wookie viper Lucifer's daddy comment on this pic I'm or ally curious how u guys feel about this picture!!!!!
  • Brownie wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    As I was contemplating my best course of action (iow how to get the most points out of my crystals), I just realized something else that is wrong (by design) with this **** tournament: diminishing returns. Why are there less points available at the top? This basically incentives everybody to hoard their toons until right before refresh and then do all their matches in a rush.

I'm not sure this is how it works. I think points are determined by your point level. As you hit 2000, 3000, 4000 and 5000 points, the number of points you get for wins is decreased. I've been at the top the nearly the entire time and the points continue to go down no matter what rank I am in.

Ok. I haven't dropped enough for it to really make a difference yet, but if by tomorrow morning my wins are still worth the same, then you're right, and your points depends on current score, rather than rank. But that is also bizar. It's like we're working towards an asymptote of max score instead of a simple linear system. It doesn't make a major difference, because everybody is on the same monotonic function, but it is not intuitive. Fear of someone hitting max integer points? :smiley:
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    This tournament is just an auction. Winner goes to the highest bidder, or cheater

First off, I'm not getting any help from anyone or thing, other than my deep wallet.

Second, I'm gonna have to disagree with calling folks "cheaters" who are taking advantage of the defense change ability. They aren't cheating. It's not even an "exploit". They are clearly working within the system EA designed.

As much as y'all hate it, y'all just need to get over the fact that whales rule this game, and EA caters to us. So I applaud those looking for ways to counteract my ability at creating hundred dollar bills out of my ****.

I wouldn't call it cheating to be honest, it's more of a diplomacy thing :)
  • Now I remember why I quit... The community for this game is so negative and caustic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Mef1428 wrote: »
    brewsaber wrote: »
    No refresh for north America for 48 hours then, real F UKING awesome, yet another half@ssed implementation
    No, you got a refresh yesterday at about 6pm EST, same time you are getting one today.

You just may not have known about it much ahead of time. It was added in when other zones got an unanticipated refresh.
    If we did, then we still are one behind, as most EU people already have had 3 refreshes now - to our 1 (soon to be 2). I'm not sure why everyone forgets that fact. They started before the US AND got an extra refresh - before many of us even played once.

So, unless the plan is to have the event end a day later for all US players (which I seriously doubt) the refresh numbers will not be the same.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Another thing how does a whole guild get into the same tournament ? My whole guild has line actually we have 6 guilds and no one is in my tournament we are all split across tournaments .

I wanna know how some guilds are split into 50 tournaments and other guilds all get placed in the SAME TOURNANMENT.
  • StarSon
    7427 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    No refresh for north America for 48 hours then, real F UKING awesome, yet another half@ssed implementation
    No, you got a refresh yesterday at about 6pm EST, same time you are getting one today.

You just may not have known about it much ahead of time. It was added in when other zones got an unanticipated refresh.
    If we did, then we still are one behind, as most EU people already have had 3 refreshes now - to our 1 (soon to be 2). I'm not sure why everyone forgets that fact. They started before the US AND got an extra refresh - before many of us even played once.

So, unless the plan is to have the event end a day later for all US players (which I seriously doubt) the refresh numbers will not be the same.

Why does it matter how many refreshes they've had in the EU? Aren't the leaderboards region specific?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

EU had 2 refreshes, but it doesn't matter, because the tournament shards are region dependent
  • Oh, what you really want is for someone to tell you it's going to be an easy climb from where you were? It's not. Unless you're ready to dump $1000+ into an old account on an old server, don't expect much. Mods are in the millions if you buy decent ones, and upwards of 3200 crystals. You have at least 6 characters you need to get to 7* right away, just to stay competitive.
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    This tournament is just an auction. Winner goes to the highest bidder, or cheater

First off, I'm not getting any help from anyone or thing, other than my deep wallet.

Second, I'm gonna have to disagree with calling folks "cheaters" who are taking advantage of the defense change ability. They aren't cheating. It's not even an "exploit". They are clearly working within the system EA designed.

As much as y'all hate it, y'all just need to get over the fact that whales rule this game, and EA caters to us. So I applaud those looking for ways to counteract my ability at creating hundred dollar bills out of my ****.

Haha I saw you link in discord so I had to come here and laugh!
  • Were just telling the truth on your shard you will be 6 months behind of everyone arena will be difficult for you so will gw and raids.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    An amazingly fun idea in theory that you guys ruined through endless greed again. You have to spend an insane amount of crystals to keep using your top characters so unless you're a whale who has already dumped thousands into the game, you have to do it now.
    Perhaps you guys could have at least attempted to mask the greed by only requiring refreshes for defeated teams? Oh but that's probably too fair to the general masses and would actually make this an event requiring skill and strategy than a deep wallet.

This, would be fun to actually have this instead of p2w walls. There are enough of them already..
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Created this account just to let you know I support the games I play, and I've spent about $300 on this game, but never again. The tournament is the most shameless pay to win scheme I've ever seen. Why not just have a button that you pay money to earn tournament points, and save people the time to click during a battle.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Jetlife wrote: »

I don't call 5k points whalish tbh, try 12k.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Created this account just to let you know I support the games I play, and I've spent about $300 on this game, but never again. The tournament is the most shameless pay to win scheme I've ever seen. Why not just have a button that you pay money to earn tournament points, and save people the time to click during a battle.
    lol don't give them any ideas
  • Another thing how does a whole guild get into the same tournament ? My whole guild has line actually we have 6 guilds and no one is in my tournament we are all split across tournaments .

I wanna know how some guilds are split into 50 tournaments and other guilds all get placed in the SAME TOURNANMENT.

Its not really that difficult...think about how this game works and how you might get into the same shard...hmmm
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Why does it matter how many refreshes they've had in the EU? Aren't the leaderboards region specific?

Are they? Where was that stated? I honestly have no idea. Arena certainly isn't - why would the tournament be? (And please..."because it should be" is really an irrelevant point about anything done in this game at this point)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*