Rebels Season 3 Episode 2 "The Holocrons of Fate"

Watch as the Reality Skewed Gamers, Rangerj1999 and Finity, review the second episode of Season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. There was betrayal, mischief, trust, and CHOPPER! Plus, maybe some foreshadowing to the movies? Watch, listen, and tell us what you think. WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc0xV-aMJfI

Replies

• Options
    Obiwan v Darth Maul 3 incoming. I saw a review where the guy thought it was an allusion to Plaguies. Made me laugh and facepalm simultaneously.

Rebels has been shakey for me. I dont like Ezra period and am not a fan of Zeb, though I see potential for the Lasat. Chopper is perfect. I didn't like Hera or Kanan that much either until I read A New Dawn and Kanan: the last padawan. Theyve grown on me especially Hera. Sabine is cool, and will become the best character soon. Rex doesnt belong, The end of Ahsoka's story wouldve been better as a book or comic, and Maul returning feels forced but forgivable.

Golden moments like the B-wings origin, the source of Hyperspace travel, and Thrawns return to Canon have been overshadowed by poor scripting for Lando and Hondo, Ezra's constant immaturity and lightsabers that defy physics. I have great hope for this season, but it will never live up to any of the other material that surrounds it. The books Ezra's Gamble and the four in the Servants of the Empire series serve as bonus 'episodes' and feel much more like star wars than many of the Rebels episodes.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts..I really love the feed back and opinions

To me I see Ezra as he is...as a teenage boy trying to handle not only adolescences but the huge responsibilities that have been laid out before him...so i really like his arc so far...but Kanaan is my favorite and I agree the books, the comics and rebles have really flushed him out. I agree also Lando was used badly but I am still on the fence for Hondo..I did like how he was used in this season premier but I will wait to judge until I see some more of what they plan on using him for this season..

Maul is interesting for me in that...will they show him and Obi Wan have that final confrontation? And what affect will he have on Ezra?...how far on the path of the darkside will he take him?

Still a lot of questions..so far I like the direction they are going..but the middle of the season is where it always seems to slow down with filler episodes...

Thanks again for your feedback!!