What's the point of allies after you clear the campaigns?

BrtStlnd
1094 posts Member
I literally haven't used an ally in months. I've accumulated dozens of allies with incredible rosters and I never get to use them.

I realize at some point they'll probably add more, but there needs to be other game modes that utilize an ally. GW seems like a perfect fit, even if that means making it more challenging.

Replies

• Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Oooohwee. I have lower level allies from my guild. They use my toons to help them through cantina nodes or hard missions that they haven't 3 starred yet.

Or they can request that I put a toon in that they don't have yet to try them out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We use it to help out lower players to see if they want to invest in a toon.

Or palp for those who didn't get him to 7*
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    We use it for guild hopping
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I like knowing I have 50 friends. *shrug*

But mostly what Jambiiiiiiiii said - of someone in the guild wants to take 7* maxed Palp or Tarkin for a spin....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Stormy wrote: »
    That's still a thing? The cool down on rewards doesn't hit you?
  • You could go out for coffee... maybe a donut?

Perhaps take a cruise together. Just gotta think outta the box.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    You could go out for coffee... maybe a donut?

Perhaps take a cruise together. Just gotta think outta the box.

Shopping and muffins. It's a thing....so I've heard.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Some people will help out and not care that they don't get any thing in return for helping.

Some times Kama pays you back in other ways
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    I kinda wish they'de make better use of it. They could do an event where you only use one of your own characters and 4 allied characters, then everyone you used gets partial rewards.
  • medetec wrote: »
    I kinda wish they'de make better use of it. They could do an event where you only use one of your own characters and 4 allied characters, then everyone you used gets partial rewards.
    That's a pretty good idea, and sounds fun!

So probably will no happen... Or maybe you'll have to pay for each ally..

But I like, specially if you need certain characters
  • I always auto the 3 challenges (not gear ones as they don't use allies). I also auto most of my hard light/dark battles daily to get the double ally points. So I use them all the time.
  • I always auto the 3 challenges (not gear ones as they don't use allies). I also auto most of my hard light/dark battles daily to get the double ally points. So I use them all the time.

Challenges are mindless battles that aren't actually a challenge.

• medetec wrote: »

When I started, if you used an ally in campaign mode or in challenge mode, your ally was supposed to get 10 ally points. But that part of the system never worked, so they eventually just cut it out altogether. Now you just get the 20 points for using an ally, but your ally gets nothing.
    If they couldn't make it work before, they probably won't spend the effort to do something like this. I like the idea, though.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    you will use them in the next level of missions and challenges
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    I mean, you can empty your ally roster if you like. I like the people I've collected.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • They hang around so that people can start forum threads about them.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    CatoNines wrote: »
    They hang around so that people can start forum threads about them.

Haha, you win. Good answer.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • In game chat with allies (or individual allies) would be fun!

"Yeah, I just sniped your asteroids off!!!!" lolololololololololol

• i think this is also a good place to pitch the trading characters idea. we should be able to trade characters with our allies.
  • holyjoe wrote: »
    i think this is also a good place to pitch the trading characters idea. we should be able to trade characters with our allies.

Ooohwee. Absolutely not.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    holyjoe wrote: »
    i think this is also a good place to pitch the trading characters idea. we should be able to trade characters with our allies.

Yeah, that couldn't possibly be abused [/sarcasm] :D

• If you are level 80 and don't need allies, drop your high level allies and get some low level allies from this board. People need your help!
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Stormy wrote: »

Hahahhahaha, sophisticated trolling is gonna.. Well, be sophisticated
    Res non verba
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Bora wrote: »
    Stormy wrote: »