Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Rewind a few months back and you will see that no in game notice was given for events. Sometimes not even a forum notice was given. The forum was on fire with people complaining about not getting any notice and being unprepared. Leading people to speculate that it was on purpose so that players would have to rush squads and spend money.

So now, as a result, players get an over-abundance of notices for events. Yoda, Omega, Tank raid are just a few I can think of.
  • Would be nice if they said on the event preview screen what toons are needed to compete...
  • Would be nice if they said on the event preview screen what toons are needed to compete...

Well, if we are to believe the cover... one seems to require Empire the other one Clones.
  • Simple. So you know they're coming. The omega events have always been like this, unless they screwed up and gave us pity omega events at the 11th hour.
  • Wow........... People really will complain about anything........
  • To give you a heads up? To have some time to prepare? Is that bad?
  • evanbio wrote: »
    Yes. It makes SOME people think "Oh ****, I need to hurry and level up X toon(s) so I can participate!". And then SOME of those folks will pay for extra crystals to help.

And for the less money grabbing option, it helps folks who may not log in every day realize that there's something "special" coming up.

If this is indeed the case, it would be nice if they actually indicated WHICH affiliation is required.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    The event showing up early is not bad, but it would be a lot better if it also showed:
    - when it's going to start (but probably not going to happen because they screw up so often that if they give a date they are very likely to not honor it)
    - what toons are required
  • Malthael wrote: »
    Would be nice if they said on the event preview screen what toons are needed to compete...

Well, if we are to believe the cover... one seems to require Empire the other one Clones.

Don't refer to that the one showing the Empire actually requires Rebels or Geonosian's and the other one who shows clones requires Empire or Ewoks
  • Ing256 wrote: »
    The event showing up early is not bad, but it would be a lot better if it also showed:
    - when it's going to start (but probably not going to happen because they screw up so often that if they give a date they are very likely to not honor it)
    - what toons are required
    +1

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Ok everyone, here are the questions and answers I was able to address (or in some cases not address because I can't yet :) ). If I missed your question I apologize! I didn't dodge any on purpose.

Who do you think the new character will be?
    • More details on this as we get closer to the launch of the new Raid.

What player level and gear level is the new tank raid geared towards?
    • We'll reveal more details like these with the patch notes once we get a little closer to the new Raid release date.

If level 85, will defeating non-heroic levels or even Rancor heroic give experience towards the level cap?
    • No, this will not grant XP towards the level cap.

Are you going to re-adjust Credit Heist to accommodate the extra cost of having to level all of our characters... again?
    • Currently no, the amount of credits earned through the Credit Heist event will remain the same.

Any chance of re-balancing Mods (improving set bonuses, reducing secondary stat bonuses)?
    • No changes are planned for mods at this time.

Did you think this through and consider what happens if all 50members of a guild create a guild a few days before raid lands? And/or everyone create a guild with their alt?
    Or are you finally fixing the double guild jump back and forth for twice the rewards of people playing as intended?
    • We're putting new measures in place to prevent players from doing this. More details on this to come.

Is there any chance that we will see some new challenge tiers along with this level cap increase?
    • Yes, there will be new challenge tiers.

New daily challenges?
    • I do not have all of the information on this, will share once I know more.

First there was a raid... then no raid but mention of ships... now we're back to raid but no mention of ships?
    • Ships are still being worked on. The Raid was delayed for the reasons stated in the announcement at the start of this post.

With The level increase what does that mean for daily omegas? Will we still get them at level 80 or will we need to advance to level 85?
    • You will still be able to obtain your daily Omega by completing all activities for the day from levels 80-85.

My burning question is, what about tier 6 and tier 7 mods? Are those on the back-burner now? Will those also be available with the new raid?
    • There will not be 6 or 7 star mods in the new Raid.

Will there be new Cantina, LS and HS nodes?
    • Yes.

As always, lets keep it civil and on topic!
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Ah yeah!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Sounds kinda good!
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Who do you think the new character will be?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    R2 will be the character because Ships
  • Aha! I knew this. I am prepared. I hoarded those credits for this very day :) With 52mil in my pockets I'm scared of no lvl cap :)
  • Welcome news. Great job on allowing both raids to be opened simultaneously.
  • Darth_Barf wrote: »
    Ah man. I've only been at level 80 a few weeks. At least it's only 5 levels...

"Only 5" hahahaha

I bet that 5 takes longer than that last 10....
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Great news. Looking forward to it!
  • New Content!!!

5 levels ... probably only cost, what, 10 million to level up to that?

My guess is around 2-3mil
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Both simultaneously. Good work B)
  • Yep, here it comes:)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member

Considering its 2 million from 0-60, 1 million from 60-70, 2 million from 70-80, its probably 2 million for an additional 5 levels if its linear (assuming 4 million for leveling from 80-90).
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @EA_Jesse

- What player level and gear level is the new tank raid geared towards?
    - If level 85, will defeating non-heroic levels or even Rancor heroic give experience towards the level cap?
    - Are you going to re-adjust Credit Heist to accommodate the extra cost of having to level all of our characters... again?
    - Any chance of re-balancing Mods (improving set bonuses, reducing secondary stat bonuses)?
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @EA_Jesse
    Guilds will have both types of the new currency MAXED when the new Raid goes live.
    ----
    Did you think this through and consider what happens if all 50members of a guild create a guild a few days before raid lands? And/or everyone create a guild with their alt?

Or are you finally fixing the double guild jump back and forth for twice the rewards of people playing as intended? :)
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Good only 5 levels, that's around 100 million for my roster, unless they made those 5 levels cost as much as it was predicted the jump from 80-90 would cost, then it's more like 250 million
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I'm getting EA JESSE tattoo'ed on my face, great news on the update, nearly enough to make me stitch my eyelids back on after the tournament :smile:
This discussion has been closed.