Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Is the grind to 85 punishment for not liking the arena tournament?

You nailed it.
  • lol agreed!!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Let's say it will unlock and has 5 characters similar to Stage 7.

Rex
    Sun Fac
    Tusken Shaman
    Maul
    Cody

One can hope.
  • Rumor has it there's exploits available in ships.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • $5 says droideka is the raid reward!!!!
  • Aero wrote: »
    Let's say it will unlock and has 5 characters similar to Stage 7.

Rex
    Sun Fac
    Tusken Shaman
    Maul
    Cody

One can hope.

Maul? What.

But yeah, replace maul with Zam maybe and I like the sound of this.
  • Aero wrote: »
    New challenge tiers? Please include stun cuffs and stun guns.

Cantina stage 8? Please include at least one of the premium Clone Troopers.

Will level 9 abilities cost 5 omegas as well? And please use this as an opportunity to make some lesser used characters more relevant via ability upgrades.

+1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Tulkas wrote: »
    $5 says droideka is the raid reward!!!!

I'd take that bet. My money's on R2
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    Tulkas wrote: »
    $5 says droideka is the raid reward!!!!

I'd take that bet. My money's on R2

Ohhhh you might be right. Think I remember seeing R2 in a dev video. I think I'd prefer droideka even though all droids are DS thus far
  • Cantina 7 didnt add 5 p2p characters and neither will Cantina 8.. we will rather see characters which are only obtainable on hard-notes so far.
  • I'm sure we'll see 1 or 2 toons at cantina level 8... but my guess it will be 20 energy per battle :(
  • YDi7b8F.gif

Ditto, with a level cap increase comes a rebalancing of all areas. Why? A level 85 in a previously level 80 or less area. Cakewalk right? Nope. It must be scaled to be viable with the new level cap, and still be doable by lower, or exclude the lower etc. Anddddd as much as some will say, "but wait, they will need the new gear, that will take time". Yep, you're right. But, bank on some hitting 85 as fast as possible. If gear doesn't restrict levelling many will hit 85, several minutes after loading the new update. Now, Arena, GW, PVE, all have to be rebalanced. And here is where it gets sticky. Will 85 have new levels of damage/buff/debuffs to existing skills? New omegas? New levels of Omegas, like tier 8, where previously 7 was max? Or will they pull a fast one, and reduce the effectiveness of the lower end, and move the current levels to 85, and not re-balance anything, since it already is? So will you need to get to level 85 to regain what you had at 80? (My prediction is this will be the outcome, hope I'm wrong).

Bad bad bad..this is bad..

• Realistically we'll get:

Darth Maul
    General Veers
    Hoth Rebel Soldier
    Urururur
    FOTP

what kind of exploits?
  • I'm sure we'll see 1 or 2 toons at cantina level 8... but my guess it will be 20 energy per battle :(

The rate of cantina energy cost increase isn't sustainable. At some point they'll have to rework the cost.
  • Can we get to play as AAT? it can be easy to defeat and occupy 2 spots on the 5 man team like 1 behind the other....or better yet 4 spots + 1 more unit, no pvp breaker just fun ^^
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    what are ships? I'm new

They're like flying rooms.

But whats in the rooms? more character shards? new currency?

Hopefully tacos.

Sorry, wasn't sure if you were trolling at first. Ships will be an upcoming feature where we earn shards and fight with ships just like heroes. We'll also be able to equip gear, assign pilot/co-pilot etc.

E.g. "I just got the last few millenium falcon shards and 7 star'd that B homes. Time to assign pilots and farm for gear."

WOW that sounds like an entirely new game to be honest that would be sick.

Tacos have that effect on people.

• Can we get to play as AAT? it can be easy to defeat and occupy 2 spots on the 5 man team like 1 behind the other....or better yet 4 spots + 1 more unit, no pvp breaker just fun ^^ maybe good on missions or 4x the speed meeter after first turn....could be fun a lot of tank droids in the universe like speeder bike spider droids, destroyers mmmmmmm
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    @Cashavelli do you mean this one?
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    ....tournaments event...tournaments...

And one more thing: in addition to this update, the development team has already been hard at work on our biggest update yet which will feature (wait for it)…

Ships! *drops mic*

I kind of think that reads like the ships are something they're working on and not related to tournaments. That's just a friendly suggestion to not set your expectations to see ships in the next two weeks. I'm trying to help us pace ourselves. Because, I mean, I may or may not be drooling just thinking about ships as I type.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • @Cashavelli do you mean this one?

And one more thing: in addition to this update, the development team has already been hard at work on our biggest update yet which will feature (wait for it)…

Ships! *drops mic*

I kind of think that reads like the ships are something they're working on and not related to tournaments. That's just a friendly suggestion to not set your expectations to see ships in the next two weeks. I'm trying to help us pace ourselves. Because, I mean, I may or may not be drooling just thinking about ships as I type.

@ShaolinPunk
    I think you're right. And i'm equally as excited.

But they did push the some of the game data already, plus the timing of the announcement is just strange if it wasn't going to go live in the short-mid term.

That's it! Nerf the ships! Now!
  • I wouldn't expect ships until December which if the new content is decent, is fine. 2 months to play around w new levels and raid mechanics.

The dual currency was worth the added wait, not only for the guild conflict but also gives people two things to do in the guild.

Tier 6,7 mods were mentioned as rewards in the new raid before, not sure if it was an official statement though.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Cashavelli wrote: »
    @Cashavelli do you mean this one?

Ships! *drops mic*

@ShaolinPunk
    I think you're right. And i'm equally as excited.

But they did push the some of the game data already, plus the timing of the announcement is just strange if it wasn't going to go live in the short-mid term.

Or is it good marketing? Haha. either way, it unnecessary because I'm wild about ships, whenever they do come out. I hope you're write and it's super soon, but for now we're just speculating. :) May we both have awesome dreams of epic space combat between Star Wars ships tonight.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • @Cashavelli do you mean this one?

Ships! *drops mic*

Prolly like Star Trek Timelines has, pvp in ships.
  • Will we stop getting the 1 Omega daily while leveling from 80-85, or will we still get that upon completing the daily tasks?
  • I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Maybe its the fact that I have been drinking or the fact that RNG has not been kind to me, I just don't see this working out like the rainbow and unicorns they are making it out to be.

R2 shards and new gear required to advance past level 80 i can see,

What I don't see is them doubling the other rewards we get from the Rancor raid.

• Here's a bunch of new stuff that costs credits but you still earn the same amount as before
  • XiliX
    59 posts Member
    Because the Marketing Dept. believes it will make you spend money. ;/
    The Gene Pool NEEDS Chlorine
    Life is the leading cause of Death
    I have walked through the Valley of Evil and emerged the Shadow of Death
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    We'll see. I'm curious to see the credit amounts.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Here's a bunch of new stuff that costs credits but you still earn the same amount as before

DING DING DING DING!
This discussion has been closed.