Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Ok everyone, here are the questions and answers I was able to address (or in some cases not address because I can't yet :) ). If I missed your question I apologize! I didn't dodge any on purpose.

Who do you think the new character will be?
    • More details on this as we get closer to the launch of the new Raid.

What player level and gear level is the new tank raid geared towards?
    • We'll reveal more details like these with the patch notes once we get a little closer to the new Raid release date.

If level 85, will defeating non-heroic levels or even Rancor heroic give experience towards the level cap?
    • No, this will not grant XP towards the level cap.

Are you going to re-adjust Credit Heist to accommodate the extra cost of having to level all of our characters... again?
    • Currently no, the amount of credits earned through the Credit Heist event will remain the same.

Any chance of re-balancing Mods (improving set bonuses, reducing secondary stat bonuses)?
    • No changes are planned for mods at this time.

Did you think this through and consider what happens if all 50members of a guild create a guild a few days before raid lands? And/or everyone create a guild with their alt?
    Or are you finally fixing the double guild jump back and forth for twice the rewards of people playing as intended?
    • We're putting new measures in place to prevent players from doing this. More details on this to come.

Is there any chance that we will see some new challenge tiers along with this level cap increase?
    • Yes, there will be new challenge tiers.

New daily challenges?
    • I do not have all of the information on this, will share once I know more.

First there was a raid... then no raid but mention of ships... now we're back to raid but no mention of ships?
    • Ships are still being worked on. The Raid was delayed for the reasons stated in the announcement at the start of this post.

With The level increase what does that mean for daily omegas? Will we still get them at level 80 or will we need to advance to level 85?
    • You will still be able to obtain your daily Omega by completing all activities for the day from levels 80-85.

My burning question is, what about tier 6 and tier 7 mods? Are those on the back-burner now? Will those also be available with the new raid?
    • There will not be 6 or 7 star mods in the new Raid.

Will there be new Cantina, LS and HS nodes?
    • Yes.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Zooey wrote: »
    Tulkas wrote: »
    So many bloody whingers.

So are you talking about the kind you eat, the ones that play footy, or just people that live in Little Whinging?

+1
  • johnne wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jar Jar binks is a fan favourite

So is slave Leia...aint going to be her either.

R2 - but which one? Resistance? Rebel? ;)

Republican

Primary: Hoard credits but only if you have over 100m

Secondary: Evade taxes up

Special: Build wall to keep the Jawas out but 100% fail rate.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »

• Yes.

Well everybody get ready for starwars galaxy of Sun Fac
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Olddumper wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

• Yes.

yet.... a Node Rex would be much better!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Thanks @EA_Jesse for the update and answered questions! You are appreciated
  • Vampire_X wrote: »

• Yes.

Rex is good but I don't think he does what nobody else can do in the way that SF does. Once SF comes out every STH is going to fall out of the arena. AOE teams are going to get eaten by SF Aayla 5's counter teams. It's going to turn things upside down.
  • Instead of max raid coins, which can be easily exploited, can we instead have a 2-5 day event where each guild gets 1 free raid a day? Or something like that at least.

The current rules should prevent guild hopping from being a major advantage, while giving guilds of all sizes and abilities a chance to explore the new raid.
  • I think the new character will be R2-D2 because he is definitely a fan favorite and the raid is based around droids.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »

• Yes.

This!!!!
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    It HAS been 6 months since we've had one. Best way to save is to stop spending on everything except leveling.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • @EA_Jesse

Thanks for the answers, man.
  • YDi7b8F.gif

Lol. Agree
  • @EA_Jesse I appreciate you are possibly asleep by now but I have one more very serious question that has been looming for a long time which this level cap increase has the potential to resolve. That is, With the new cap in place and new gear available, will characters be more balanced in pvp? I.e OP toons getting less/no new gear and underpowered toons getting more to boost their stats in line with the OP.

We have had 6 months at end game with a very unbalanced meta and mods compounding the issue making it zero fun to level underused toons to try out vs the meta toons. Balance would make more toons viable at endgame and I hope that this opportunity will be capitalised on to ensure a more enjoyable end game scenario at lvl 85.
  • @EA_Jesse I am sorry, I still have some questions, if you don't mind, please.

1. Will reward for GW be increased?
    2. Will stun cuffs and hairdriers etc. be added to challenges?
    3. What is with the ships?
    4. Will be any other sourses of omega materials?
    5. Are there be more toons in GW shipments?

Thank you
    Ok everyone, here are the questions and answers I was able to address (or in some cases not address because I can't yet :) ). If I missed your question I apologize! I didn't dodge any on purpose.

Who do you think the new character will be?
    • More details on this as we get closer to the launch of the new Raid.

What player level and gear level is the new tank raid geared towards?
    • We'll reveal more details like these with the patch notes once we get a little closer to the new Raid release date.

If level 85, will defeating non-heroic levels or even Rancor heroic give experience towards the level cap?
    • No, this will not grant XP towards the level cap.

Are you going to re-adjust Credit Heist to accommodate the extra cost of having to level all of our characters... again?
    • Currently no, the amount of credits earned through the Credit Heist event will remain the same.

Any chance of re-balancing Mods (improving set bonuses, reducing secondary stat bonuses)?
    • No changes are planned for mods at this time.

Did you think this through and consider what happens if all 50members of a guild create a guild a few days before raid lands? And/or everyone create a guild with their alt?
    Or are you finally fixing the double guild jump back and forth for twice the rewards of people playing as intended?
    • We're putting new measures in place to prevent players from doing this. More details on this to come.

Is there any chance that we will see some new challenge tiers along with this level cap increase?
    • Yes, there will be new challenge tiers.

New daily challenges?
    • I do not have all of the information on this, will share once I know more.

First there was a raid... then no raid but mention of ships... now we're back to raid but no mention of ships?
    • Ships are still being worked on. The Raid was delayed for the reasons stated in the announcement at the start of this post.

With The level increase what does that mean for daily omegas? Will we still get them at level 80 or will we need to advance to level 85?
    • You will still be able to obtain your daily Omega by completing all activities for the day from levels 80-85.

My burning question is, what about tier 6 and tier 7 mods? Are those on the back-burner now? Will those also be available with the new raid?
    • There will not be 6 or 7 star mods in the new Raid.

• Yes.

Thanks for answering what you could Jesse! It's all pretty dang exciting if you ask me :)
  • NO FULL GUILD POINTS AT THE START OF NEW RAID OR IT WILL END A DISASTER!
  • At least fix some of the bugs brought by the recent update before the incoming update creates more
    y2ORV5V.jpg
    0VWrgU9.jpg
    fe8j8E0.jpg
    Three raids identical rewards
    V91DfDn.jpg
    X9xL3v8.jpg
    15MCGLC.jpg
    Identical GW last node too
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Agai some good news for P2P. For F2P and small P2P, it'a not so interesting. The new gear for abilities will again dig a gap between the most valuable (crdit) players and the other ones. Already hard to get Omegas to improve abilities without spending crystal, so for a lot of people, gear 7 for abilities will be the max and **** will be kicked by P2P.
    Ok everyone, here are the questions and answers I was able to address (or in some cases not address because I can't yet :) ). If I missed your question I apologize! I didn't dodge any on purpose.

Big thank you for promptly addressing many of our concerns. It is feedback like this that keeps the player base engaged and tolerant of delays, etc. that may interrupt our gaming experience. Keep up the communication!
  • New raid... good.

Level cap increase... good (as long as new challenge tiers, etc. come with.)

Not preventing exploitation of free raid currency... bad.

Not tuning the meta so the same 3-4 teams are the only competitive ones... bad.

On that last point, look at a juggernaut like WoW, that has remained relevant for 12 years. They are constantly tuning the classes in that game to keep the playing field somewhat level (though for some reason Blizzard started really hating priests about 2 years ago) Rebalancing is NECESSARY for a healthy game environment. There is not nearly enough in this game. Yes, a few characters got moderate buffs recently (Kit Fisto, Cad Bane) though those buffs had zero impact on the meta... or anything else for that matter. And, yes, there was the Wiggs buff that had a massive effect on the meta... though ideally adjusting characters should land you somewhere in between those 2 extremes. But where are the nerfs? Rebalancing requires buffing some toons and nerfing others. Boba Fett need to be buffed, Jawa Engineer TM ability needs to be nerfed... I could go on... but I won't.

Bottom line, any decently managed game always rebalances when they increase level cap. So, please EA/CG do it right and rebalance the game so that are not just grinding to 85 for no reason at all.
  • jarael
    107 posts Member
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NEW LEVEL CAP NOOOOO

My question is will the XP those of us at Level 80 have been accruing through daily challenges, battles etc carry over towards Level 85? Obviously it won't for our toons but there must be people who would instantly have collected the experience necessary to jump to Level 85 straight away if they've been at Level 80 for nearly 6 months?

• I know it wasn't announced but I hold a shred of hope there will be challenges to get

Holo projector
    Stun cuffs
    Thermal detonators
    Stun gun

Please for the love of all that is holy including RnGesus add this!
  • My question is will the XP those of us at Level 80 have been accruing through daily challenges, battles etc carry over towards Level 85? Obviously it won't for our toons but there must be people who would instantly have collected the experience necessary to jump to Level 85 straight away if they've been at Level 80 for nearly 6 months?
    There's a 99.9% chance that's just begging to be rounded up to 100% chance that all post-LVL 80 accrued XP will certainly NOT be carried over in lieu of the new LVL 85 cap.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    new challenges are confirmed, i'm hoping for the same rewards ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Whiteroom
    303 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    How much experience needed per level?

How many credits needed per level?

You say lvl 85 is next week. Can we have a confirmed day next week so we can plan for it?
    Post edited by Whiteroom on
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Stun cuffs and stun guns in the new challenges? Well played @EA_Jesse :smile:
  • So with adding a new raid do you plan on finally fixing the broken daily guild coin counter? Kinda hard to accurately get coins to do raids when you cant count peoples daily energy contributions correctly
  • @leef where was this confirmed matey? Didn't see it in jesses notes?
This discussion has been closed.