Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• dough wrote: »
    here's what i want to know: for everyone who's been at Level 80, where has all of our earned XP gone? I'm guessing down some wind tunnel...
    exactly!

• Thank you kindly, @BentWookiee

Thanks for the heads up!

• Cashavelli wrote: »
    Banking energy....doesn't it max out at like 139?

Not if you're banking the free energy we get throughout the day.
    Huh, what're you on about? You get to 139 & you can't earn any more til you spend some...

• Hobnob wrote: »
    I'm running a Boba Fett lead at the top of a December arena shard and have a gear 10 Ugnaught but I still don't think it's time for a level cap :wink:

LOL! Good one :)
  • dough wrote: »
    here's what i want to know: for everyone who's been at Level 80, where has all of our earned XP gone? I'm guessing down some wind tunnel...
    exactly!

For those who weren't at lvl 80, where are all your daily omegas?
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    So the new gear is great, but is there a new character to obtain in the new Raid?
    There is indeed a new character for players to obtain, a fan favorite that is obtainable only by defeating the heroic difficulty of the Tank Takedown Raid.
    A fan favorite, so it must be someone iconic ... hmm ... let me guess ...: "X-Wing Pilot"

Jabba the Hut with Slave Leia synergies.
  • Hope this update doesn't break the game like last week's one did. I was locked out of the game for 16 agonizing hours (as were many others locked out too, as said on the forums) and missed out on bonus & regular energy on the day the started double drops. Got no apology compensation in my inbox nor by complaining to customer support live chat. They just said "keep an eye on the forums". Hrmph! Nothing mentioned again about it.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Valace2 wrote: »
    Do like I am doing and stop farming the arena and get the million credits.

Funny how the toons you can get out of the arena are a hundred times better than the ones you get out of the cantina.

Outside of QGJ the toons in the cantina are ****

Fives, Daka, Poe, Scavenger, HRS, Ahsoka?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    We don't know the cost to leveling up a character to 85 yet. I would wait for that before we scream credit crunch. Since the credit heist, I was able to obtain 30 lvl 80's and 15 fully modded characters.
  • Hope this update doesn't break the game like last week's one did. I was locked out of the game for 16 agonizing hours (as were many others locked out too, as said on the forums) and missed out on bonus & regular energy on the day the started double drops. Got no apology compensation in my inbox nor by complaining to customer support live chat. They just said "keep an eye on the forums". Hrmph! Nothing mentioned again about it.
    I'm sure we'll see 1 or 2 toons at cantina level 8... but my guess it will be 20 energy per battle :(
    Yep I never even farmed anyone from the 16 energy level 7 cos it was too high. Just did hard nodes. Still doing ima on hard nodes.

• EA Jessie said on the Galactic War Report podcast that the new character will be from the Clone Wars era.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Valace2 wrote: »
    Do like I am doing and stop farming the arena and get the million credits.

Funny how the toons you can get out of the arena are a hundred times better than the ones you get out of the cantina.

Outside of QGJ the toons in the cantina are ****

Fives, Daka, Poe, Scavenger, HRS, Ahsoka?

I'd also add in the jawa and foo. Since they're needed to complete factions.
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    Achilles wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    So the new gear is great, but is there a new character to obtain in the new Raid?
    There is indeed a new character for players to obtain, a fan favorite that is obtainable only by defeating the heroic difficulty of the Tank Takedown Raid.
    A fan favorite, so it must be someone iconic ... hmm ... let me guess ...: "X-Wing Pilot"

Jabba the Hut with Slave Leia synergies.

We do need Slave Leia synergy fersure! :)
  • I have gotten to where I can just do tier iv this week. Heist was a fight though and training droids was frustrating annoying and cumbersome,. Took til 3 am to finish se one try.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    ChiBears5 wrote: »
    EA Jessie said on the Galactic War Report podcast that the new character will be from the Clone Wars era.

For real? So there is a chance it's General Kenobi
  • All your characters that were done finished with gear and levels are now incomplete, all the xp you've not been getting while at lvl80 you now need, enjoy the update
    This! I've only very recently max geared & abilities several characters, which was very rewarding to be able to concentrate on others. Now back to the start & the chasm between the maxed & lower chars just gets wider.

• johnne wrote: »

Republican

Primary: Hoard credits but only if you have over 100m

Secondary: Evade taxes up

Special: Build wall to keep the Jawas out but 100% fail rate.

OMG, this is awesome! Stealing!
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    I can deal with lvl 85.
    But new gear tiers??!! No **** way! I refuse to re-enter the gear grind with all my "maxed toons".
    I can't believe more people aren't upset about this!
    This absolutely sucks @EA_Jesse
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Clone wars R2D2. And three characters released in guild shipments: Jango, Padme, shaak ti
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    ChiBears5 wrote: »
    EA Jessie said on the Galactic War Report podcast that the new character will be from the Clone Wars era.

This. I am now betting General Kenobi is a possiblity (along with R2 still).
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Barry
    127 posts Member
    They sunk like the titanic
  • Sleek_Viper
    345 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Kid boba, because we need more multiples of characters. More hans, anakins, jawas, and ewoks!

But really tho, Jango, kid Boba, Bossk, Darth Binks, Spider Maul, Munns, Padme, Aurra Sing, Lolo, Letta, R2-D2, Padawan Skywalker, Shaak Ti, General Kenobi, Bo-Katan, Clovis, Talzin, Commander droids, Hondo, old Watto, Pre Vizsla

Its a toss up. I personally hope its the Acklay!
    Travelling through Hyperspace ain't like dustin' crops, boy!
  • TyloRen wrote: »
    So there is a chance it's General Kenobi

That's MY guess. I think R2 will launch with ships, either ship-reward or Aurodium launched with ships. I think General Kenobi is a much more "unicorn-like" toon for a raid reward such as Han was.
  • Someone called this out a while ago... can't remember who in order to give credit to them. They suspected the credit guest was in fact only because of the upcoming lvl cap increase and to save credits

Wish I had listened in all honesty uncovering mods is expensive work, that and trying to boost toons I've had sitting there for ages with enough shards to 7*. I literally have 700k after today's GW and challenge

Time to batten down the hatches I think stop spending on useless periphery stuff and focus on the toons that matter again
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Clone wars R2D2. And three characters released in guild shipments: Jango, Padme, shaak ti

Padme's unique ability: If JKA is on the opposing team, distract JKA so you can cut off his legs and leave him to burn. Padme then dies instantly, spawning Luke and Leia in her place.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Bon_El wrote: »
    I can deal with lvl 85.
    But new gear tiers??!! No **** way! I refuse to re-enter the gear grind with all my "maxed toons".

I think it's time for the next gear level.

Edit - as long as they fix guild hopping and alt farming, it keeps everyone on the same grind. If not, RNGesus help us all.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016

Nevermind...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • You're not going to be level 85 the day after the cap increase goes live. You do realize that, right?

If it takes a week to gain one level--and that's a pretty unrealistic expectation--you're saying you won't be able to level up 5-6 characters ONE level a week? With Credit and Droid Heist and new Credit and Droid challenge tiers?

Let's maybe pump the brakes before going into a Chicken Run panic.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • My only complaint is the fact they had just announced that there was no planned level increase for a while. I had been hoarding credits in anticipation prior to that announcement. Afterwards, I dumped them into leveling my Jawas and Resistance teams to make attempts at the mod challenges.

I guess if Jawas are useful in the new raid it won't feel completely wasted.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Bon_El wrote: »
    I can deal with lvl 85.

I think it's time for the next gear level.

Edit - as long as they fix guild hopping and alt farming, it keeps everyone on the same grind. If not, RNGesus help us all.
    Huh where does it end? Gear level 100 as well?? There's over 80 chars to grind for you know. I'd rather have more usable chars than added gear & ability levels that send me back to the beginning with "finished" chars.

This discussion has been closed.