Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    You're not going to be level 85 the day after the cap increase goes live. You do realize that, right?

If it takes a week to gain one level--and that's a pretty unrealistic expectation--you're saying you won't be able to level up 5-6 characters ONE level a week? With Credit and Droid Heist and new Credit and Droid challenge tiers?

Let's maybe pump the brakes before going into a Chicken Run panic.

This! +1,
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    And please make it so that the total energy we could accumulate doesn't end on a 9....I don't think it's that hard to do it :smiley:
  • dbraba01 wrote: »
    Nerf it. Way too op

lol
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Bon_El wrote: »
    I can deal with lvl 85.
    But new gear tiers??!! No **** way! I refuse to re-enter the gear grind with all my "maxed toons".
    I can't believe more people aren't upset about this!
    This absolutely sucks @EA_Jesse

I think it's time for the next gear level.

Edit - as long as they fix guild hopping and alt farming, it keeps everyone on the same grind. If not, RNGesus help us all.

Gear is absolutely the worst aspect of this game. Completing 50 hairdryers and then realizing you need 200 more on that character and 150 more on another character and 150 more on... etc etc.
    All the glitches, delayed content, game breaking updates, characters that don't work right, cash grab tourneys, player beta testing... I could go on... The gear grind is the worst (it used to be the credit crunch - staring at all those characters you couldn't afford to lvl up)
    Honestly I was ready to quit a couple months ago & a few changes renewed my interest i,e, Palp & the infusion of more credits. I have to admit there have been some good changes recently. I assumed we'd see lvl 85 very soon and gold gear somewhere around March. Which brings up a question: is this going to be the gold gear? Is this the final gear increase?
    I just feel heavily taxed by the gear grind & don't feel it's worth it. I've been playing this a long time and only have 12 characters at max gear (35 7*) -no I'm not a foolish whale. (Let's see how many ppl I can offend today -Ha) The thought of taking those 12 & putting them back in the pile that needs work... NO.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Cashavelli wrote: »
    @Cashavelli do you mean this one?
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    ....tournaments event...tournaments...

And one more thing: in addition to this update, the development team has already been hard at work on our biggest update yet which will feature (wait for it)…

Ships! *drops mic*

I kind of think that reads like the ships are something they're working on and not related to tournaments. That's just a friendly suggestion to not set your expectations to see ships in the next two weeks. I'm trying to help us pace ourselves. Because, I mean, I may or may not be drooling just thinking about ships as I type.

@ShaolinPunk
    I think you're right. And i'm equally as excited.

But they did push the some of the game data already, plus the timing of the announcement is just strange if it wasn't going to go live in the short-mid term.

Or is it good marketing? Haha. either way, it unnecessary because I'm wild about ships, whenever they do come out. I hope you're write and it's super soon, but for now we're just speculating. :) May we both have awesome dreams of epic space combat between Star Wars ships tonight.

We will need ships to attack the tank raid, lol
  • The new character earned in this raid (like Han Solo shards) is a name character, meaning not Geonosian General or something generic. EA Jessie said he is positive players will be very happy who it is. He said he was very excited for the release, and it will be someone from the era that the raid takes place (Clone Wars)
  • Yeah, the gear grind is the toughest. The devs can definitely help by putting some of the existing raid gear into the challenges. Since we will need more exclusive gear from the NEW raid to go up higher gear levels then it makes sense to add the existing raid gear into existing challenges, maybe in higher tier levels.

Also, upping the drop rates a bit for purple gear would help, too. Seems like drop rates on purple gear is lower as compared to other farmable items.
  • I think the new raid character will be Padme or Amidala. I mean think about it, we did the Pit raid which was in Jabba's Palace to free Han Solo. Now were fighting driods on Naboo to rescue the queen. It makes perfect sense.
  • I think the new raid character will be Padme or Amidala.

Padme is Amidala (Amidala is her last name)

I dont think the tank raid is on Naboo, as it has Grievous and he wasnt around then.
  • Lol current gear level 10 + 11 is already pretty much impossible to get unless you are top tier, for all your team. It takes months. Now they want to go higher than that and raise the level cap?

This game is becoming extremely uncompetitive for the Whales, who are now dominating all of it. Whether its events like tournaments, etc.

This is getting very worrying...
  • My only complaint is the fact they had just announced that there was no planned level increase for a while.

Exactly. They just told us a few weeks ago that there would not be a level increase. They must have gotten a visit from Vader. L7RbyV3.gif
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I can deal with lvl 85.
    But new gear tiers??!! No **** way! I refuse to re-enter the gear grind with all my "maxed toons".

Edit - as long as they fix guild hopping and alt farming, it keeps everyone on the same grind. If not, RNGesus help us all.
    Huh where does it end? Gear level 100 as well?? There's over 80 chars to grind for you know. I'd rather have more usable chars than added gear & ability levels that send me back to the beginning with "finished" chars.

Man, look. The game has to keep going. There has to be a level cap raise for us to shoot for. It's been 6 months since the last one. I understand your point, but a ton of us have been at level 80 now for a while. The goalposts need moving every once in a while with games like this and TBH, every 6 months is not that bad. If it's another 6 months from 85-90, I have no issues with that.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • OK - you are right - it is not time to panic before we haven't seen nothing yet... Sorry :smile:
  • bngman
    369 posts Member
    sigh...more grind, zero fixes to current problems, zero remedy to gear shortage, zero fix to the garbage that is mods, tons more problems on the horizon, so another day in the office for CG, great job guys keep up the good work

• yep I know this as does everyone :) the grind takes ages as does keeping your toons levelled in the process the point I was trying to make

maybe I could have articulated it better but meh it's a forum ranting is the done thing don't you know!
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    I can deal with lvl 85.

Huh where does it end? Gear level 100 as well?? There's over 80 chars to grind for you know. I'd rather have more usable chars than added gear & ability levels that send me back to the beginning with "finished" chars.

Man, look. The game has to keep going. There has to be a level cap raise for us to shoot for. It's been 6 months since the last one. I understand your point, but a ton of us have been at level 80 now for a while. The goalposts need moving every once in a while with games like this and TBH, every 6 months is not that bad. If it's another 6 months from 85-90, I have no issues with that.

Increasing level cap is not adding any depth to the game, just like mods did not (to me they just added more health to the characters making for lengthier fights).

They need to start balancing this game more and making it fairer for the masses/F2P, what really annoys me is that Whales and exploiters are able to exploit raids/arena/etc so that they get maximum rewards and thus can level all characters faster whilst the masses cant (receiving low tier rewards, etc). Thus the gap between masses/whales increases all the time.

Case in point, latest tournament. Basically only the top tier people have got shoretrooper. Now if that character is game-changing, then the people with him will dominate the game until we get him (by which time he might even be obsolete).

Now this game is not the most vital thing in my life, but still all this makes me give it a very bad review, and I am playing it purely out of boredom now. I still remember when I started playing months ago and that game had the feeling of a proper MMO (with a chance to be competitive no matter how much you spent). That feeling is gone now.

• bradfern12 wrote: »
    Yes, stop complaining. If you didn't stash away at least 20 Million credits you have nobody to blame but your bad spending habits.... They have been practically throwing credits at us in preparation to this.

+1
  • UPDATE: for the level cap increase we will not be introducing new tiers of abilities for characters. New tiers of abilities will be added in a future update.

The team has decided that additional balance testing needs to be done before introducing new ranks of abilities.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • I'm quite pleased you guys took your time with releasing the Second raid. Sounds well thought out and fairly implemented. 3CPO level work!! Just unlocked Han Solo last night. Very happy I won't have to choose between going after him or R2. I can do both.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    UPDATE: for the level cap increase we will not be introducing new tiers of abilities for characters. New tiers of abilities will be added in a future update.

The team has decided that additional balance testing needs to be done before introducing new ranks of abilities.
    Thank you for the clarification, @EA_Jesse ! This helps.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    UPDATE: for the level cap increase we will not be introducing new tiers of abilities for characters. New tiers of abilities will be added in a future update.

Why not delay the level cap until you're ready, every time the update comes in bites it goes wrong

Edit: grammar
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Bon_El wrote: »
    I can deal with lvl 85.

This is the norm for any MMORPG . Doesn't surprise me one bit that it would be the same in this MMOish game. People will continue to grind until they reach their saturation/disinterest point and then they will move on to the next game.

I haven't made 80 yet, so for me, it will just be like the everything was level 85 all along. Characters are going to be stuck in gear 6 - 8 forever with the occasional one getting into gear 9 as I get every component but what I need to improve the gear pieces.
  • Moicaliss wrote: »
    Credits crunch?!?
    600k/day gw+daily
    279k challenge
    400-500k every raid
    Credits heist 3-20m

So in a week; 6,5-23,8m
    Credits crunch....hummm

Lol we all know that's a drop in the bucket.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    edited October 2016

This is mind blowing. You guys just wrecked our wallets on the PVP tournament and now you are introducing a level cap JUST for the ability to grind 5 levels?

Come on Jesse, there has to be more to it. My guys will gain what, 100 hp and 50 damage in those levels? And along the way I can't hit any milestones (no ability upgrades and gear hidden behind the raid).

I am not saying it's a cash grab... but it definitely isn't for the benefit of the player. You could easily keep level 80 and balance the raid around it.

I am not trying to be negative, but this is about the worst I have seen so far in the game (PS, I am speaking personally and not as representative of TI. Some like the fact that you get to grind 5 new levels and get nothing for it but spending crystals.)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    I can deal with lvl 85.

Gear is absolutely the worst aspect of this game. Completing 50 hairdryers and then realizing you need 200 more on that character and 150 more on another character and 150 more on... etc etc.
    All the glitches, delayed content, game breaking updates, characters that don't work right, cash grab tourneys, player beta testing... I could go on... The gear grind is the worst (it used to be the credit crunch - staring at all those characters you couldn't afford to lvl up)
    Honestly I was ready to quit a couple months ago & a few changes renewed my interest i,e, Palp & the infusion of more credits. I have to admit there have been some good changes recently. I assumed we'd see lvl 85 very soon and gold gear somewhere around March. Which brings up a question: is this going to be the gold gear? Is this the final gear increase?
    I just feel heavily taxed by the gear grind & don't feel it's worth it. I've been playing this a long time and only have 12 characters at max gear (35 7*) -no I'm not a foolish whale. (Let's see how many ppl I can offend today -Ha) The thought of taking those 12 & putting them back in the pile that needs work... NO.

@Bon_El I understand where you're coming from. I have toons in GW / Arena / Raid that aren't maxed out on gear level because of the stun cuff / gun and sensor farms plus anything you need 50+ of. They did mention that there will be new challenges, so hopefully those get put in there and you can sim half of what you need per day and complete (or get close to) on Sunday when everything is available. If those parts don't go in or they overtune to a ridiculously insane level, I'll be RIGHT there with you.
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Well said.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    @Barrok I'm actually surprised at your stance on the level cap increase. I would think that Ti would be all for it. I know you're only speaking for yourself though and not for all of Ti.

Nothing bad, it just kind of shocked me.
  • Cap level - Here's an update which will cost you tons of credits but get you little benefit (new abilities).

Why not wait until you can give us the good stuff along with the work?
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    @Barrok I'm actually surprised at your stance on the level cap increase. I would think that Ti would be all for it. I know you're only speaking for yourself though and not for all of Ti.

Nothing bad, it just kind of shocked me.

Well, I love level increases normally. i would take em all the time. It allows p2p players to get ahead...

But that is only if their are new abilities they can get, or gear increases they can get. If you can't do either of these, then all you get is a small bump in HP and damage. Heck, I was the first on my arena shard to 80 and I was still getting beaten by people 5 levels lower who didn't have the omega'ed abilities and gear levels I did. 80 - 85 isn't going to separate you at all from the competition.. other than your wallet will be lighter (if you choose to rush it).
This discussion has been closed.