Character Strategy- Jawa Scavenger

2Next

Replies

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Just started a new T6 raid, I'll let you know how it works out. I'll be using Teebo (L), QGJ, JS, Greedo, and probably EE/phasma/Jawa, I'll try a few versions.

-Update- JS and Greedo aren't modded or geared nearly enough to be effective. Although I did land Tenacity Down, I was under the impression it made debuffs 100% to stick (no tenacity check), is that right?
    Post edited by Gank_Killer on
  • Just started a new T6 raid, I'll let you know how it works out. I'll be using Teebo (L), QGJ, JS, Greedo, and probably EE/phasma/Jawa, I'll try a few versions.

-Update- JS and Greedo aren't modded or geared nearly enough to be effective. Although I did land Tenacity Down, I was under the impression it made debuffs 100% to stick (no tenacity check), is that right?

I believe it reduces tenacity by 50% - the point of which is to keep Teebo's and QGJ's TMR from being resisted. I've seen folks use Dengar in the same fashion and solo an entire raid that way. You had the right setup but make sure to have someone with speed down - Jawa, Fives, Phasma. C
    Discord: EVRT #5566 Line: bevrt
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So does it bypass the 15% guaranteed resist chance, or is that still in place? I have retreated a few times and got Tenacity Down debuff to stick, but it actually looked like Gam Capt. resisted more. Test sampling was very small, could have been bad RNG.

I also noticed Jawa Scavs Defense Down debuff is bugged. Defense Down caused by Scrap Bomb gets dispelled by Teebo's Bring Low and Qui Gons Humbling Blow, but only confirmed against Gamorrean Captain, haven't been able to test it against Rancor. I will be posting the bug in the correct section when I have more time.
  • So does it bypass the 15% guaranteed resist chance, or is that still in place? I have retreated a few times and got Tenacity Down debuff to stick, but it actually looked like Gam Capt. resisted more. Test sampling was very small, could have been bad RNG.

I also noticed Jawa Scavs Defense Down debuff is bugged. Defense Down caused by Scrap Bomb gets dispelled by Teebo's Bring Low and Qui Gons Humbling Blow, but only confirmed against Gamorrean Captain, haven't been able to test it against Rancor. I will be posting the bug in the correct section when I have more time.

There is always a minimum of 15% to resist.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    So does it bypass the 15% guaranteed resist chance, or is that still in place? I have retreated a few times and got Tenacity Down debuff to stick, but it actually looked like Gam Capt. resisted more. Test sampling was very small, could have been bad RNG.

Tenacity down makes everything stick 85% of the time.
  • I finally got mine up to six stars and put him in my Jawa/droid hybrid team (Nebit, dathcha, 86, and 88 being the others) and he's good for an extra 100k in damage from when I was using a random attacker. Used to get about 40-50k in tier 6 and now I'm getting 140k in damage. It's not great but it's now a decent D team. Will be interesting to see how the team fares when I can get them better geared as they're all gear 8 now
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Use HK, 88, 86, Nebit, JE could do ~800k in T6, for heroic ~500K.

Would be interesting to use JS with a bomb squad. JE, Greedo, Nute... I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Lol @ 456 mil credits... I guess there isn't a credit-crunch after all... x^D

He gets paid in Galactic Credits
  • RyanRen
    994 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Sorry, posted on wrong thread...
  • Hope this little guy is worth the cantine credits,cuz i need him for my jawa team
    where is darth jar jar?
  • Astrid1381 wrote: »
    Hope this little guy is worth the cantine credits,cuz i need him for my jawa team

He's necessary for Crit Damage mod challenge. That alone makes him worth it.
  • Here's my Jawa squad (all 5 toons):

G10, all omegas, level 80, 7*

I typically use Nebit as lead, even against droids. They are very well-modded, though there are a few mods I could give them to make them a bit stronger/faster and a few post-G10 stun cuffs as well.

Anyways, I've taken them into the raid (T7 heroic) against the Rancor a couple times now, and although they do solid damage in phase 2 (300k the first time, 400k the second time), they just don't have the TM control to do what Teebo, Dengar, Ewok Elder, etc. are able to accomplish. That said, they are very solid and would do well with Teebo, 88, or perhaps someone else instead of Dathcha.

Scavenger lands his debuffs - particularly once he applies tenacity down - but as someone else pointed out, the chance still isn't that high, therefore it's not as reliable as I would like. Perhaps with Teebo he would be better, but I haven't tried it yet and need to get my Teebo upgraded before I would be willing to slot him with my Jawas.

Scavenger's debuffs are the bomb, though. Hehe

Seriously, crit chance down (via Nebit, I believe), offense down on basic, tenacity down, defense down, and healing immunity? Plus a bunch of TDs that he can detonate early, and offense and defense up for his allies? Plus what basically amounts to perma-stealth from his crits? Yes, please.
  • Here is how my scavenger is after all the mods. http://imgur.com/a/ogSgS he lands his thermals very consistently and can add huge damage with a well timed scrap bomb.
  • I'm trying to mod JS, but does he need Potency? When he sets off the TD does JS apply the debuffs or are they separate from JS's stats? Should I bother with Potency at all?
  • Stranderer wrote: »
    I'm trying to mod JS, but does he need Potency? When he sets off the TD does JS apply the debuffs or are they separate from JS's stats? Should I bother with Potency at all?

Yes, you want potency on JS. Any character that has the ability to land negative effects (tenacity down, offense down, dot, etc.) can be resisted and therefore needs potency.
  • Tuftedpaper85
    1811 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Stranderer wrote: »
    I'm trying to mod JS, but does he need Potency? When he sets off the TD does JS apply the debuffs or are they separate from JS's stats? Should I bother with Potency at all?

Yes, thermal detonator on his passive is dependant on his potency level
  • The omega on his scrap bomb ability is +15% damage. Does anyone know if this applies to every bomb that he detonates when he uses this ability, or just his damage? As bombs are the biggest source of damage on the aat raid for a jawa team this could be quite huge.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Taxman wrote: »
    The omega on his scrap bomb ability is +15% damage. Does anyone know if this applies to every bomb that he detonates when he uses this ability, or just his damage? As bombs are the biggest source of damage on the aat raid for a jawa team this could be quite huge.

Just the damage the AoE deals. No impact on thermal damage.
    You can check abilities properties on swgoh.gg by the way.
  • Are you using 1set of potency or 3 on JS at aat raid?