Limiting play with energy is bogus

Prev1
I understand the point of making these games is to make money, but Geez...

The energy system completely hinders me from playing the game at my leisure. I'm not broke, but I'm not rich either. The fact one has to spend money at every facet of the game is somewhat ridiculous. Especially the one that stops me from being able to pkay at all.

Okay. Rant over, but this is pobably going to end this game for me unless they do something about it.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The game only costs money for the impatient. Most mobile MMOs are designed this way.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I'm glad they have the energy to limit my play. How else can I play my other games? I play HODA which is the other game CG created. It also, has energy. Then, there's JPW, Freeblade, Space wolf, injustice, MK and MCOC. So, as you can see I'm spread pretty thin, lol.
  • Options

The energy system completely hinders me from playing the game at my leisure. I'm not broke, but I'm not rich either. The fact one has to spend money at every facet of the game is somewhat ridiculous. Especially the one that stops me from being able to pkay at all.

Okay. Rant over, but this is pobably going to end this game for me unless they do something about it.

Serious question. Is this the first mobile game you've ever played in your life?

I would say 80% of the games of this nature currently use an energy system to play.

You're not forced to "spend money at every facet of the game". If you feel the need to spend money in order to play more then the problem is with you. Put the game down and go do something else while you wait for recharges.

If you want games you can play 24/7 with no limitations then I'm sorry to say that mobile games aren't for you.
  • Options
    Unlimited energy? closest is summoners war, but you'd have to be high end as you'd never run out of energy refilling all day and night, other than that, that's what pc and console games are for, to burn time as you wait
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't ask for unlimited energy. There just needs to be some more activities that are fun and provide some modest incentives.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    They could be more generous. How come there are never any specials, or random giveaways or anything interesting like that? Would it kill them to give us a bonus refill once every few days?
    Also, increasing the energy cost for level 5+ missions is REALLY LAME.
  • Options
    They have a subscription for 5 bucks and you get like 100 energy a day for a month. Wish they released it to everyone, still waiting.
  • Options
    They have a subscription for 5 bucks and you get like 100 energy a day for a month. Wish they released it to everyone, still waiting.

It's not energy, you're thinking of the crystal subscription pack.
  • Options
    The solution? Dont sim! They take away the ability to sim, and you'll play all day.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    OregonWeed wrote: »

Um hey give you free challenges which give your gear and coin robots. They also have special events that don't require anything. Galactic war also free, cantina and regular battles are not on the same timer either. Also, if you had unlimited energy then you'd just star up every character in seconds. Not to mention when you use 50 crystals you get 120 energy? I believe this is the max but unlike ither games, if you're Max is 80 you still get the 120 overflow. That right there, is generous.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    What are the events like? I'm almost there. Are they any good?
  • Options
    Write to EA Jesse and let him know how **** up this terrible energy system really is!!
  • Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Don't bother with Events. Not worth it at all.

50 energy cost for minimal rewards, plus there's a 1 hour time limit. For most people they can only do one event run within an hour unless they spend crystals to refill.

You're better off spending that energy on farming gear or something.

They really need to change the current set up.
  • Options
    Unlimited energy would kill the game. You've got a game (and as far as mobile games go it's of fairly decent quality) for free and you're expecting the developers to make no money off it? As far as I'm concerned you can easily make 100-150 crystals a day from completing activities and pvp rewards which you can put into more energy if you wish. They're giving you the option to play for longer that they could just as easily charge for straight off the bat.

There are developers out there that wouldn't give you free crystals at all other than an initial signing in 'bonus' to try and get you used to the idea of 'premium in-game currency is fantastic, now buy it and lots of it'. EA to their credit haven't done that which I think is great.

Question though, if this game was charged up front, say $5 or a little bit more, but had no microtransactions and unlimited energy, would there be the same amount of people willing to pay up front for a mobile game? I know I'm more than hesitant from paying up front for a mobile game
  • Options
    Just to clarify. I'm not saying they have to take away the energy system completely. If they did, I don't think that would kill the game as some have suggested either. They could make it a bit less expensive tho.

I'm also not cheap or looking for free gameplay. I just don't want to feel like I did when I was kid at the arcade and I ran out of quarters. It's a game on my phone that I've already spent more money than any xbox game or phone app game and none of it has been on energy. The energy just prevents from playing when u run out.

This is not my first game I've played as an app on my phone as one has suggested either. I understand they cost money. Ive played clash of clans for three years amongst many other games, and at no point have I ever had to put down my phone cuz I got to that point where there was nothing left to do unless I spent more money.

Just sayin.....
  • Options
    I still don't get your claim that the game requires you to spend money on everything.

I've only spent a total of $10 on this game, am level 60, have every activity that's currently available in game unlocked, and don't seem to be experiencing the same issues as you.

Like I said, if I run out of energy then I stop playing the game and get on with other more important things in my life.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    OregonWeed wrote: »
    It's a game on my phone that I've already spent more money than any xbox game or phone app game and none of it has been on energy.
    This is actually likely the mistake. I spent 600 crystals today. All of it was on energy. (And nearly all was earned in game or from the 21-day thing.)
  • Options
    If there was not energy cutoff we would be swimming in maxed out characters.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Slushie wrote: »
    J7000 wrote: »

Don't bother with Events. Not worth it at all.

50 energy cost for minimal rewards, plus there's a 1 hour time limit. For most people they can only do one event run within an hour unless they spend crystals to refill.

You're better off spending that energy on farming gear or something.

They really need to change the current set up.

That really sucks to hear!
  • Options
    I would like to see a skirmish mode where you can choose people within a wide range of your arena rank and play free games with no rewards for practice as much as you like.
  • Options
    Niminion wrote: »
    I would like to see a skirmish mode where you can choose people within a wide range of your arena rank and play free games with no rewards for practice as much as you like.

I was going to suggest a similar idea. Plus it gives you a way to fart around with different groups and builds.

I don't have a problem with a developer using an energy system it's just I've never played a mobile game which such a big energy spent to refill rate. Most game an energy meter fills anywhere from a couple of minutes to a couple of hours but with this game it pretty much takes all day to refill your energy pool.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Niminion wrote: »

That could be fun but I still think other activities could be added that just give you a lil somthin'
  • Options
    They should probably have a friendly have feature... It'll randomly set u against with some player's team.. It doesn't necessarily need to reward u.. It is for your own convenience to burn time or try out different teams.. Its actually a great idea :smiley:
  • Options
    Yeah I calculated it out. It takes over 20 hours for my Squad energy to refill and over 10 hours for my L/D energy to refill.
  • Options
    The energy system is understandable. If they didn't have it everyone would blow through the content and the game would have no longevity. However, I do agree that every single area has a different energy and they all replenish very slowly.

The base cost of 50 crystals to refill isn't bad, in my opinion. It is the escalating cost that is an absolute ripoff. It shouldn't escalate at any time. 50 to refill each and every time. Current system is a scam (as I said in another thread).
  • Options
    @billbob19 , This is exactly a big part of my argument. No escalation!!!
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I would not mind if they reduce the cost to 50 crystal/refill without escalation. But keep in mind that even for me, with that system it would probably take me 3 days from 0 to 60 and about a week to get all purple gears. And I am not a big spenders. The escalation is there to keep big spenders at bay. At a thousand crystals/refill everyone feels hurt.
  • Options
    Big spenders will spend on refills, regardless. The idea that this limits them is silly.
  • davida8546
    216 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You are wrong, even big spenders would not spend $300 on 10 energy refills but they woud spend $300 on 600 refills if the 50 crystals is adopted. Not even big spenders, medium ones would. Now you are facing a problem of a few hundred people in a single sever/region with all purple pvp teams within a week.
  • Options
    Basically, on contrary to your belief, the energy escalation is there to "protect" you from being at a huge disadvantage (though I doubt that 's EA 's intention). Big spenders will advance 50-100 times or even 200 times faster than you with your proposed system. I dont mind, I will be there somewhere regardless and much cheaper for me. But F2p, low spenders need to think very carefully when suggesting this.
This discussion has been closed.