Insufficient Storage for Update **Megathread**

Replies

• Georator
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    9 days getting the localization filles bug and still no answer from you or fix. I,m not waiting any more days for this fix. Do something.
  • Download leapdroid for windows. Its an android emulator. I am able to collect rewards and such while this is down for my phone. Not as convient but it works.
  • Georator
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    10 days. Im still waiting for localisation filles error to Be fixed. And of course I want something în return for losing 10 days from the game -.- .
  • Fix this error . I'm tired of posting comments everyday even If no one read them. Please fix this error those days. Im too too tired of not playing the game for 10 days .
  • Georator - I am looking forward for incoming patch, they have two options.. Fix all bugs or bug it totally making it not playable for everyone.
    Ally Code: 916 394 561
  • Torakan wrote: »
    Torakan wrote: »
    What type of device are you using?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 5.1.1

Ally code
    519-142-447

Current squad lineup at time of issue
    Cheewie, Luminara, Talia, Geonosian Soldier, Darth Sidious

I have tried to clean the cache and data. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried to reboot the phone, without any luck. I still get the error message:

"There was an error downloading localization files. You may not have enough disk space available."

I have around 4.5GB on both the phone and on my SD-card.

Edit: I've also tried to remove the SD-card and reboot, without any luck.
    I still haven't got it to work. Still same problem, and I haven't seen any fix or update.
    Right now, I'm playing this game through LeapDroid, the Android emulator.

It's now been a week since the update came and still no sound from the devs here in the forum or any kind of sign that they are working on this problem.
    Today they released the new in-game update where you get level cap 85 and so on. No client update. So I still get this error on my phone. It's been 13 days now since the update got released and still no words from the devs. This is getting really annoying!
  • I did the update and couldn't get in the game. Did the whole clear data thing and I was able to get to the cartons but when I clicked on something, it would just load indefinitely .Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but now I have the insignificant data problem. And I have 8 gigs free.

I'm on an HTC one M8. Don't know my ally code and my lineup is phasma, Rey, royal guard, quigon, and luminara .Please fix.
  • And still not able to download localization files... I am proud of you!
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    So how does Your situation look? Found some solution?

If not I have something You may try. As I was messing around with my apps I once more moved SWGOH to SD and changed default storage to SD card. To my surprise localization error appeared once again. Moving game back to internal memory didn't do the trick. It all started to work once again after swaping default storage back to internal memory.
    I did not have to delate any data or apps to make it work, nor to remove memory card.

So try to move game to internal memory and in phone settings for default storage set internal. In my case changing this setting forced phone to restart after which all was working fine once again.
  • android 4.4.2 is not letting you to move apps to sd card or change default memory
  • You really can't go to "Settings", in the "Device" section find "Storage" > "Default storage location"?
    I do understand that maybe you can't choose SD card but maybe there is some alternate to chose?
  • 4.4.0 i think kitkat took that option from users, i think 5.0 again is letting you do that, but not in 4.4.2
  • Well that is bad news. But do You think or you know for certain? I don't have Android 4.4.0 so I can't go to settings to check it myself.
  • 4.2 you had that option after samsung software update to 4.4.2 i dont.
  • Karabast! That is bad to hear. We'll at least I hope it may help some others.
  • @BentWookiee , is there a way I can be removed from this thread please? Don't really need the updates anymore
  • @BentWookiee , is there a way I can be removed from this thread please? Don't really need the updates anymore

You probably subscribed to be informed of thread updates,(Hit the star) just go to settings and you can "destarr" is and stop receiving them.
  • neitsabeseb
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    1. Wiko Ridge Fab 4G (Android 5.0.2)
    2. Dont know, cant get ingame
    3. Assaj lead, Qi-Gon, Old Datcha, Geo Soldier, Royal Guard

I have the French version of the game but live in Germany. It says 'error when downloading the localisation files'. I tried to reinstall but it did not prevent the bug.
  • @neitsabeseb Have You tried setting default storage as internal memory in device settings?
  • neitsabeseb
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @Capt_Rex I tried both. Eventually deinstalled, did a cleanup with avast, restarted and reinstalled and it worked.
  • GrampaSimpson
    355 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @BentWookiee , is there a way I can be removed from this thread please? Don't really need the updates anymore

You probably subscribed to be informed of thread updates,(Hit the star) just go to settings and you can "destarr" is and stop receiving them.

Enh. I like receiving the updates on other threads. I thought I remembered someone asking to be removed from a thread before that's all. It's no biggie, I'll deal. :) Thanks tho.

It just occurred to me that you moderators must go nuts trying to keep up with all these threads. I know I've been snarky on here before, but mad props.
  • Androvpa
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Recently I was down for a whole day trying to resolve the issue with not being able to install he new update.

Found the area of the bug!

Hauwei Y538 Android Lollipop ,5.1.1

Apparently some how your programmer made a small boo-boo. The new update can not create initial files now if your primary download is set to SD Card.

When I nuked my phone and installed it the default is internal memory. Yesterday I went to switch I back to primary location as SD card, and boom the error reoccurred. I tried this several times and it kept reoccurring.

Using mobile devices we us SD Cards for Downloads and storage because of the amount of storage space, kinda necessary.

Especially for games like this one, which is huge! we need that space.

I can move it to the SD Card after Install. But I have to have default storage location set to internal memory or it will give me the error message.
  • Error downloading initialization files......

Set your default download to

Internal memory

The new update doesn't recognize SD Cards.

• Torakan wrote: »
    What type of device are you using?
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 5.1.1

Ally code
    519-142-447

Current squad lineup at time of issue
    Cheewie, Luminara, Talia, Geonosian Soldier, Darth Sidious

I have tried to clean the cache and data. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried to reboot the phone, without any luck. I still get the error message:

"There was an error downloading localization files. You may not have enough disk space available."

I have around 4.5GB on both the phone and on my SD-card.

Edit: I've also tried to remove the SD-card and reboot, without any luck.
    I still haven't got it to work. Still same problem, and I haven't seen any fix or update.
    Right now, I'm playing this game through LeapDroid, the Android emulator.

It's now been a week since the update came and still no sound from the devs here in the forum or any kind of sign that they are working on this problem.
    Today they released the new in-game update where you get level cap 85 and so on. No client update. So I still get this error on my phone. It's been 13 days now since the update got released and still no words from the devs. This is getting really annoying!
    Today a new real client update came for this game and it solved my problems. So it took 3 weeks to fix this and still nothing from the devs on this problem during that time. Will we get any compensation for missing 3 weeks game play? I started to play on the computer with LeapDroid, but you aren't always home and you miss a lot of in-game stuff that is happening. I was so frustrated about this, that I bought a new phone.
  • Bug avec la mise à jour de fin septembre
    J'ai toujours le meme soucis de soit je n'ai pas assez de place, soit probleme de connexion
    et ce depuis la derniere maj
    rien n'y fait, j'ai tout essayé
    merci de votre aide
    Patrick
  • And...l again - Yesterday I was playing all was fine and working - 45 minutes ago, there was a message - Client must be restarted - I pressed OK, and... There was an error downloading localization files. You may not have enough disk space available.
    Guys... Come on...
    It was after you announcede another tournament :/
    Android 4.4.2, Apk ver. 0.6.171473, Play Game ver. 3.7.24 (3051774-038)
  • personne pour aider ???
    pfff
  • same problem for me since today !!
    Thx to Dev team to fix it quickly please
  • I just waited 20+ minutes for the game to start, but the "Checking for Updates"-screen won't disappear, this is the third time this happens and it's frustrating and annoying as hell. Please fix this.