Character Strategy- Shoretrooper

Prev1
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
Shoretrooper
Empire Tank who enters battle with Taunt, heals allies, and grants them Critical Hit Immunity.
fmb5dvfl3inl.png
Unlocks at Two stars (50 shards)
Available from: ???
Abilities
BASIC Attack – Target Weapons:
ibzh1xae344a.gif
  • Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 40-70% (Based on Ability Level) chance to inflict Critical Chance Down for 2-3 turns (Based on Ability Level).
SPECIAL Attack – Regroup
uofc7dobf2hx.gif
  • All other allies recover Health equal to 10-30% (Based on Ability Level) of Shoretrooper's Max Health and gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns. Shoretrooper gains Taunt for 1 turn. Whenever Shoretrooper loses a non-Unique buff, reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 [Base Cooldown: 6. Max-Level Cooldown: 4]
Unique Ability – Stand Guard
4jatn0yx8f3p.gif
  • At the start of each encounter, Shoretrooper gains Taunt for 1 turn. Whenever another Empire unit uses a Special ability that unit gains 5-15% (Based on Ability Level) Turn Meter Shoretrooper recovers 4-10% Max Health. (Based on Ability Level)
General Strategy
  • Shoretrooper is a unique tank in that he enters the battle with the taunt buff active. This taunt will protect your allies during the first turn. If the taunt is dispelled, Shoretrooper can re-apply it with his special. Keep in mind that the party-wide crit immunity will only be applied when Shoretrooper uses his special and will not apply with the taunt at the start of the encounter.
  • Each time Shoretrooper loses a non-unique buff, the cooldown of his special is reduced by 1 turn. At max level, the cooldown of the special is 3 turns. Keep this in mind as you plan the use of your abilities.
Hero Synergies
  • Shoretrooper will join Royal Guard as an Empire Tank, and thus will have base synergies with other Empire Units. Emperor Palpatine will give Shoretrooper’s Critical Chance Down Debuff a Potency boost as well as granting a Turn Meter boost when Shoretrooper applies his Debuff to an enemy target.
  • Shoretrooper’s Unique will grant Empire allies Turn Meter whenever they use a special ability. This can help to offset some of the lower speeds of the Empire units.
Where to Use
Shoretrooper is a great defensive boost to any team due to a group heal and critical hit immunity buffs. In PvP Arena he provides another option in tanking to further customize your squads. His defensive nature and turn meter effects can really help empire units whom may not have been given a chance due to lower speed.

Galactic War is all about the long-game. Shoretrooper brings a team heal and a critical hit immunity buff. You take less damage and you’re able to heal the damage that makes it through.
Finally, if you need to finish your team out for the Potency Mod Challenges Shoretrooper is your guy
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Bring on the new meta!
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    He's been as advertised so far. What I like about the most with him, above all, is I don't have to worry about speed as much. Especially with regards to who's wiggs is faster. He allows the user to use some mods that don't have speed secondaries but excellent offense stats.
    Good job on his kit, devs.
  • He is great, and will be even more when his cooldown reduction on taunt special is fixed ;)
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Even at 4 stars I am finding him pretty amazing...

He's tough enough to break that initial burst damage from wiggs or snag the stun from raid Han... He puts Lando back in his place as long as you have some early TM boost via ST Han or Rex (or others) to get his crit immunity up.

He works really well at serving his purpose when used intelligently in certain team setups and has already started to claim his place in the meta... that's all anyone can ask of any character honestly

He fits well into many current common teams but I think he will really shine once tie piliot becomes an arena viable character...

He's gonna be around so figure out your counters now
  • Maraxus wrote: »
    He is great, and will be even more when his cooldown reduction on taunt special is fixed ;)

Lol figures....
  • How 9726 power?!?!
  • Jackmonds wrote: »
    How 9726 power?!?!

They are devs
  • @CG_Kozispoon

Can you get some eyes on his cooldown? Its not being reduces when losing buffs.
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @CG_Kozispoon

Can you get some eyes on his cooldown? Its not being reduces when losing buffs.

Yes and also investigate his Stand Guard because it does always heal and provide TM when using EP specials while shore trooper has taunt up.

In my opinion this character is a broken reward from a broken tournament. It brings no alternative to the Wiggs Meta other than being part of the said Wiggs Meta. An empire squad is a no threat to a Lando + Wiggs + SThan setup with or without shore trooper. Not only he won't even have time to use his basic attack or his Regroup ability but in almost every situations the Empire squad is bound to lose on speed and tm removal from SThan and will receive 4 AoE in the face before even issuing a single action. It is quite frustrating to see the tm bars melted down by speedy StHan even on a team with Emperor Palpatine leader and its 32% potency removal from rebels.... something wrong in happening there as well.
    In terms of game play the current meta is absolute garbage that requires as much brain cells as it takes to push the auto combat button. It wins on burst damage, initiative, speed and turn meter so it is no surprise that shore trooper is not enough to bring balance between empire and rebels. If you can't beat them then join them is the best advice for now and to remain competitive rebel squad is the way to go. Squeeze in Sun Fac or Rex for the win. Counter squads might shine in attack against the meta but they do not cut it in defence against players that manage their single target and aoe properly.
  • ^^Somebody has been getting spanked by wiggs teams.
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Jackmonds wrote: »
    How 9726 power?!?!

They are devs

I have someone on my shard with shore.....he has him with 9880 and still needs more gear
    I got him 6* with 8800
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    Jackmonds wrote: »
    How 9726 power?!?!

They are devs

I have someone on my shard with shore.....he has him with 9880 and still needs more gear
    I got him 6* with 8800

Never mind then he's just a high power character
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    9jhyvlbehfzw.png
    md0evajnz32m.png

The cooldown reduction is not working... This was shore before taunt and right after getting dispelled from sf

@EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon
  • Shore cd still not working, taunt tenacity up both dispel by Sun Fac and cd was still at 3 next turn
  • Cosker73 wrote: »
    Shore cd still not working, taunt tenacity up both dispel by Sun Fac and cd was still at 3 next turn

Did you guys check out if Stand Guard triggers from Empire members. Previous to patch it was not the case with some EP specials while store trooper has taunt up. I noticed it did from RG special though. Could be an issue with EP being empire and sith while RG is just empire in the code logic.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Look where the cooldown reduction is stated...it's under his taunt ability. Therefore, it's not a perma ability and applies only if he loses a buff while retaining his taunt. WAI.
  • Has anyone maxed out a 3* to see how it is? Have him but dont want to waste the time at 3*
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    4*, viable and I use it in my arena team, 75k HP/prot with mods. Sub from that delta 3-4 on swgoh.gg stats overview. I think it was designed to be viable from a low star level.

On the cool down reduction, I tend to agree that the WAI is while the taunt is active. However I'm also wondering whether the order by which buffs are removed (e.g. Fac/B2) is either random, or relates to the order in which they were applied (or reverse). So if it removes the taunt first, you don't get the additional cool-down reduction for the other buffs in place...

Real examples, I manually triggered Regroup and Rex gave Tenacity Up, against two teams:
    - Fac countered an AoE, my cool down on next Shore turn was 3
    Separate fight, same buffs.
    - B2 AoE countered an attack, my cool down on next Shore turn was 2
    Both situations I lost the taunt, and the buffs.

Both situations I had 2 buffs...So either:
    - Fac debuff works different to B2
    - Buffs are removed in a RNG order and when taunt goes, thats your cool-down reduction over
    - Something else
    Post edited by Xioborg on

Xio
  • I had a 7*/G10 Shoretrooper in GW yesterday, but the droid barrage made him as harmless as RG. B2 dispel and 47/88 ability block. Just another taunt to the droids...
  • I've tried ventress getting in the mix to pull off his taunt but no amount of speed mode in the world can get that baldy cranking at a decent pace.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Sgc8647
    87 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I've tried ventress getting in the mix to pull off his taunt but no amount of speed mode in the world can get that baldy cranking at a decent pace.

Actually yes she can get quite fast

With her in Lead her basic speed (pre gear 11) is 126. So she is an average speed character Same as StHan Base Speed btw. And we all know how fast Sthan can get :)

Post Gear 11 Her base speed is 104+28 for leader = 132.
  • For those of you who have Shoretrooper i have a question about this ability:

SPECIAL Attack – Regroup for the Crit Immunity

So for ability even if your team is immune to crit and there fore the increase damage from the crit does the opposing party can do crit and count as having done them ?

Example: Can lando still spam double down (doing normal non crit damage) even if you have the Crit immunity buff on everyone ?
  • Sgc8647 wrote: »
    Example: Can lando still spam double down (doing normal non crit damage) even if you have the Crit immunity buff on everyone ?

I have not seen a Lando that can spam DD after hitting a squad with 4 characters buffed by Regroup. I would say that as long as 4 characters have it or 100% of the living characters aside from Shoretrooper that it nerfs Lando's DD ability. Now say the AI buffs Regroup but 2 of the other 4 characters have buff immunity from B2 then they will not receive the Regroup crit immunity. If Lando were to crit those 2 characters then he could use DD again on his next turn.
  • Ok that answer that part of my Question Darth Jay. Thank you.

Other question still on the same ability.

Do droids still get their TM filled up any way ?
    Does Wedge Leader ability still triggers (the Heal and TM) for his allies ?
  • Regroup - Yes shuts Lando down as he doesn't land multiple crits. He gets one on Shore and then typically reverts to his primary attack. I run Shore with crit avoidance to help reduce this further and keep him alive longer in the main. Yes stops Wedge giving TM gain etc. apart from if they hit Shore obviously, which they do turn #1, so in turn #1 they still get it..

If you run Shore behind Rex then you can imagine what happens once the immunity is up...

Xio
  • Xioborg
    405 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Thing you need to remember is that he needs to take a turn to taunt and bring the buff up, so on the opener you are exposed. So on droids yes it prevents, however most droid teams have taken a turn or two ahead of Shores first turn, unless you speed him up or pair him with a TM booster ;)

Xio
  • It would be awesome if shoretrooper could be added to the arena shipments like the other chromium characters are.

It is leaving a lot of people out in the cold not having the option to purchase enough shards to activate SHT.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Yep most of these new characters are very hard to get and impossible to farm... shame... causes frustration... Mine is stuck at 4 stars... what now?
  • Mines stuck at four stars as well but I don't want him to become farmable any time soon. I'm pretty selfish and I want to use him for a while before everyone has him, even at four stars he can get crazy health and protection I've seen 4* SHT with 77k combined
  • Guys, I don't know what kind of Primary Arrow mod I should put on Shoretrooper

I am still wondering if speed mods can do well (get his regrout asap) or maybe add additional protection, or even set the Crit avoidance.

Any input?