Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    Ing256 wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »
    GW nodes are all based on a certain % of your top 5 toons power. The easy node comes when there is not a player on your shard who meets the criteria. Node 12 is something like 125% of your power. So if you had it for a while, and got it back today, someone must have improved their team enough to meet the criteria.

Thanks for that assumption and opinion of how GW works, because NONE of this info is made public. EA does NOT disclose their code or how they formulate the AI.

Nice try! Sounds good, looks like you are good at ****!

How much hate for someone who is helping with the right information.
    For your information a developer explained the origin of the bug, so the info was made public.

Uh so, so tell me go read swgoh.gg, go read ANY site that can data mine SWGOH from EA, and they CLAIM they have no insight into how EA arrives at these numbers, because even data mining does NOT disclose code or how it works.

EA keeps this info to themselves.

So if you CLAIM it is public, PROVE it, give me a link, show me an announcement by EA, show me a site that shows this info, if it's PUBLIC we should find it..

SHOW me the info, I suspect you will not make a reply because we BOTH know you are full of it, there IS no such info, beause many sites that work with EA STILL don't have this so called "public" access.. it DOESN'T exist...

Again thanks for assumptions because its NOT publicly available.

I'm not going to find out the infos for you, I'm not your secretary and anyway you don't deserve it.
    People were kind enough to point you to the right infos, you have just been a ******bag in each and every reply.
    If it doesn't work as it has been said, PROVE IT
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    SkyKrak here... why are you hating on my team? LOL, Jk. Some of these GW node teams have to be fake.
  • Options
    SF, RG, Ani, Fives & Teebo seem pretty real to me right now, ugh! Always on #36
  • Options
    I might be an odd ball, but for the first time today GW node *11* became easy for me. 12 was easy since mid September, when I crossed into 39K. Now I'm 46K+...
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Meanwhile I have to play insane whale teams at node 12... Why haven't they addressed this at all tho?

It's not that we don't face them we just get them 1 node earlier.... I face hard nodes on 9,10,11....10 is a little easier but still not easy.

YES! THIS! For those with the easy node 12 (my case), the hell starts at node 9!
  • Options
    dstelma wrote: »
    So we had all of these game updates but nothing was done to GW? Why am I not surprised?

I feel the same... Those warnings at the guild chat showing ppl who geared/lvled up/etc... Completely unnecessary, meanwhile GW still needs a fix...
  • Goldy
    254 posts Member
    Options
    Is Trenor trolling?? Taking a full Jedi squad to face Palps??

Honest Q guys, not trying to be a ****, just wondered if there was some sarcasm in his post?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Goldy wrote: »

Honest Q guys, not trying to be a ****, just wondered if there was some sarcasm in his post?

I get what you are saying - A jedi team (especially Yoda lead) against EP is not the best idea.

But I run into this everyday with the best squads I can muster and just get destroyed at Node 12 every day. Nodes 9-11 are extremely difficult but that Node 12 takes the cake.

I am so sick of this - it seems a lot of people are. Also I am sick that EA just refuses to listen, literally hundreds and hundreds of people with these issues. It's poor game design and consumer/player support.

Why support them if they don't support us and continuously release add-ons like that tournament that are so badly implemented.

All round - this game is spiralling out of control on the very, very bad side. Its just not fun anymore. Not just from a GW perspective.

I know the game designers don't like this negative talk - but its customer service and feedback, they better get used to it, its criticism, nothing more.

Most people get praised for taking constructive criticism and making something better from it - EA just ignores it.

If they ban me from saying this - I'm done.
  • Options
    Trenor wrote: »
    I uninstalled today. Been playing since day one, and the aggravation is finally enough to not want to play any longer.

Not that anyone cares, but the last straw (for me) was a Palp team which just aoe-stunned and vaped my entire Jedi squad through a Yoda Lead and a Tenacity buff. Node 9. 7500 power Palp, 5 star.

7500 Palp, 6900 Rey, 7600 SwHan, 7400 RG, 8600 QGJ.

38k team shouldn't be able to do that, period. I spent months slogging through the absurdity that is high end GW patiently retrying matches, spending hours for things which should take minutes, and I'm just done.

Used to be able to chalk it up to a bad RNG round and bring in a second squad, but now initiatives are completely broken so that if I bring in a second team they go even slower than if they go in fresh. So I can bring my best team, get AOE-stunned and nuked to near death, maybe kill one toon, and bring in a second squad which gets killed even faster because they never get to act.

So bravo, EA, grats on the money you got from me from this previously enjoyable game, and I'll never give you another cent on this broken nonsense.

To anyone else still playing, enjoy, and I hope it gets better.

Cheers.

Buddy... I think you're not so well informed about Palpatine's leader skill... All Jedi/Rebel toons start with -30% potency and evasion... It is basically a anti-Jedi toon... I'm not saying you should stop farming Jedi and not for a second you should think they're weak... I run a Jedi team myself and rank 10-5 in the arena everyday. But unless i have no other choice, i always avoid teams with EP lead... I have a 45k team and i lose to 38-39k teams with EP lead... I gave thanks to the Force when the EP meta changed into Rex meta... Those who used to beat me a lot with EP lead (i would lose 8/10) now lose to me 8/10...

It's funny how i kept my arena team the same since the start, and how the meta changed at least 4 times and i kept my arena rank...

But seriously, you can't say GW is broken when you get whooped by a EP team with your Jedi team... That's actually wai imo...
  • Options
    125 seems a bit small compared to what I'm facing daily. I have 2 toons over 7k power. The rest of my a squad 6500-7k. My node 12s run 5 character with 9000 power and +3/4 gear lvls on me. Node 9 and 11 usually flushes away my band c teams. No clue how to even approach winning anymore. Mine has been screwy ever since I upgraded yoda gear to lvl 9. He is my only gear 9 guy. AND he is stI'll second in power to 5s. Please help?
  • Options
    Yep node 6 is barely passable now.all lvl 80s up to node 9,then bam game over.im not spending money now ea.challange is cool.impassable is bull poo
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Jedi_Yoda

First of all, the information is available, the guy that pointed out that a dev had explained it, was correct. However you can find this info on your own. Another thing that doesn't seem clear to you and it might start making more sense to you after you understand it, is that GW is based on percentage of your TOP 5 toons... Not your arena team. That is also who you're facing... You're facing people's top 5 toons, not their arena teams.
    Post edited by JPBrunel on
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Yep, fixed, or at least WAI
    Screenshot_2016-10-12-11-39-59_zpsurplnkvj.png

BTW my arena team is 43.0k, this team was over 50k

Lol I'd kill to see that team at the finish line, the teams I see on last 2 nodes are much, much more difficult.
  • Options
    i faced this team too, they give no dmg, but their def, its boring.
  • Options

GW is RANDOM, period, end of subject.

Actually, from my experience over the last week it is not currently. I faced the SkyKrak team above seven times in a row at node 12. Just today I went back to a green squad for node 12. If that is random, I wish I had that luck with the credit heist or mod challenges.
  • Options

Lol I'd kill to see that team at the finish line, the teams I see on last 2 nodes are much, much more difficult.

Don't underestimate it until you face it. I can count the number of times that I haven't finished GW on one hand and the first day I faced it was one of them. The counters are relentless and Wiggs + Lando got decimated. The only way I could beat it was with EP and stuns. Once all five are shocked, they fall like dominoes. But, without EP, that team can be quite insurmountable.
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Still green for me... just shy of 44k top team... although my arena team is less at 42k

I have the same. I find it funny that people assume we are all newbs or ignorant of technology.

I have given up on trying discuss EA on GW, except that its STILL broken. I know squads with less power than me (because they are in my guild) that get a very HARD 12th node in GW.

I myself have seen Node 6 harder than Node 12 is SUPPOSED to be. While node 12 for me is easy for a group of 1* to complete.

And I have had node 9, 10 and 11 make it so difficult I couldn't complete GW for WEEKS.. then all of a sudden it gets better, than for a couple days it goes back. It is supposed to be PROGRESSIVELY harder.

Mind you my Arena team has NOT changed... so if GW is based on Arena then why don't I get the SAME nodes? If GW is working as intended why does it fluctuate wildly from day to day?

And why if GW is working as intended so people with power above me and below me get very different results?

GW seems random, I am happy that I can complete it usually, when I know MANY that still cannot.

If working as intended means that GW is hard to complete without throwing more than 2 or 3 teams at it then mission accomplished, but to me GW is NOT fixed.

Its broken, STILL needs work, but apparently they adjusted SOMETHING in an attempt to appease the masses, but it's certainly NOT completed nor fixed.

It's been tested that gw is based around your top 5 roster. Yours is easy is because on your specific shard, no one reaches 125% of your power. Others in your guild, someone on their shard, which is totally different than yours, has someone that reaches the 125% threshold. You don't have to touch any of your teams, if someone else on your shard gets their top 5 with more power, you will no longer have the easy node 12.
  • Options
    It's been tested that gw is based around your top 5 roster. Yours is easy is because on your specific shard, no one reaches 125% of your power. Others in your guild, someone on their shard, which is totally different than yours, has someone that reaches the 125% threshold. You don't have to touch any of your teams, if someone else on your shard gets their top 5 with more power, you will no longer have the easy node 12.[/quote]

Great explanation Nuttyhunner!
    Taters will be as Taters are.
  • R5D4sMotivator
    204 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    I've seen this too - power doesn't make any sense and certainly not available to us as players - these teams must have Gear 11/12.

Not to mention Gear XI (which is 11 in Roman numerals) does not technically exist yet as there are gear/spaces at this level which are not yet available in-game.

Currently the max gear for players is gear level X (10). On this gear set, players have reached gear X and are completing/working on gear XI - but can not reach gear XI full set.

Therefore - "cheating"
    There are several toons that reach (and reached) gear XI (11) before the latest update and currently. The toons that I have at XI are:

FOTP
    Rex
    ST Han
    Lando
    JKA
    QGJ

But there are (were) others. Now I believe there are plenty that go to XI.

Now aside from that, my GW was significantly harder today. Enough to make me sit up and go, woah! However it was still manageable. In fact today was the first time my normal GW team actually almost didn't get through all 11 nodes. When you can waltz through GW with Palp, RG, Maul, Rey and JKA every day it gets monotonous. So personally, I don't have many complaints.
  • Options
    Yep node 6 is barely passable now.all lvl 80s up to node 9,then bam game over.im not spending money now ea.challange is cool.impassable is bull poo

It's definitely not impossible, but it is way harder. I'd be happy to help you out if I can, if you want to send me a PM.

• Options
    Trenor wrote: »
    I uninstalled today. Been playing since day one, and the aggravation is finally enough to not want to play any longer.

Not that anyone cares, but the last straw (for me) was a Palp team which just aoe-stunned and vaped my entire Jedi squad through a Yoda Lead and a Tenacity buff. Node 9. 7500 power Palp, 5 star.

7500 Palp, 6900 Rey, 7600 SwHan, 7400 RG, 8600 QGJ.

38k team shouldn't be able to do that, period. I spent months slogging through the absurdity that is high end GW patiently retrying matches, spending hours for things which should take minutes, and I'm just done.

Used to be able to chalk it up to a bad RNG round and bring in a second squad, but now initiatives are completely broken so that if I bring in a second team they go even slower than if they go in fresh. So I can bring my best team, get AOE-stunned and nuked to near death, maybe kill one toon, and bring in a second squad which gets killed even faster because they never get to act.

So bravo, EA, grats on the money you got from me from this previously enjoyable game, and I'll never give you another cent on this broken nonsense.

To anyone else still playing, enjoy, and I hope it gets better.

Cheers.

We care! So couple things. 1) Shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to take a look at your squad and help you out to develop a better team for GW. I understand your frustration but your frustration is caused by running the wrong team for the team you faced.

Before you go into the match, it's good to note your opponents especially if you're facing a team that has a hard counter to you. Palp can actually wipe out a your Jedi team by himself. Give him 4 more toons you may not get a single turn. If you had to face my EP team in a GW you'd be looking at about a 230 speed palp with a 235 JKA behind him, so it makes a difficult match. I'd switch the jedi team up for a different squad before you go in. It's not really the game and devs at fault there; certain toons beat other toons. So, make certain you're up-to-speed on their counters and pick a different squad. If you don't have a different squad or better squad, then it'll just take a bit of time in farming a better one. Anyone can feel free to PM me and I would help you out in developing a better GW team.

Palp gives -32% potency and -32% evasion to Jedis. Also he gets +32% potency and health. Which means he is gonna stun your entire team basically every time. He can't stun through a tenacity buff, but he probably went before you. Yoda is a "hard counter" to palp as is Rex, but that's only if you can get their tenacity buff up before the opponent goes.

Shoot me a message and I'll see what we can do!

• tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    With the cupcake node 12, node 9 always seems to be the top tier killer arena squad. Even then it's fun watching their Lando/EP lead melting to my Wiggs :lol:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    160 pages of complaints whoa. Hey everyone is getting 2 a day omega mats but 2 or 3 guys in my guild don't get double drops or even single drops for omega mats or shards when beating node 12. Is the 2 omega mats a day only for iPhone users or something seems strange almost everyone gets them except 2 guys . I have beat GW 3x and never got a single shard or omega.
  • Options
    I've been lvl 80 for a few months now and I have not lost to node 12 since lvl 40 ish. My arena power is just over 34k. (I have kept on building on a lot of different toons so I have ALOT of toon around the same power). Today was the first day I've ever gotten a omega from node 12 and it was doubled. Is the omega a rare thing and never got one until now or is it from double gw event..
  • Options
    I've only just started having to deal with that SkyKrak team on node 12, the past few days. Ever since I maxed out JKA. Node 12 used to be always be green for me. My arena team is the same as my top 5 characters (43k pwr). But 125% of that is 53k. Is SkyKrak's team 53k pwr?
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Goldy wrote: »

Got to agree here. It's like in Cantina putting all Jedi team against Darth Maul and wondering why it is impossible.

That said, it's not fun to face modded up Lando (L), Palp, Rey, Anakin and RG at any node. Doing it day after day for the meager amount of cash is getting quite annoying.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    I've heard the explanation given by @evanbio before and it does seem to fit. Several poeple in my guild mentioned seeing tougher node 12s today. I have a feeling people will see this get tougher again for a brief while until they start hitting the new caps again, unless you are levelling faster than the rest in your shard.

OK clearly you people are either very naive or you just can't get a very PLAIN message.. so I guess I need to be more remedial.

Your guild saw tougher.
    GW is a SHARED event.
    If YOUR guild sees tougher opponents and MY power is higher than many and not AS high as some of YOUR guild team..

Then WHY do I STILL have easy 12 node? huh?

GW is *STILL* not fixed, is it clear now or do you NEED more explanation.

We are ALL using the SAME code, fixed for ONE is fixed for EVERY ONE, but it's NOT.

CAPICHE? Do you need MORE remedial explanation or what?!

Your posts seem disproportionally aggressive compared to the posts you're replying to.

Maybe he is tired of trying to dumb it down for the masses.
  • Options

I just faced this exact team today too! Was looking forward to an easy node 12 but kinda glad to have a challenge again for once

I would love to have that team as my 11th node. It does little damage and you can just whittle away at them if you use 2 healers.
  • Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »

Don't underestimate it until you face it. I can count the number of times that I haven't finished GW on one hand and the first day I faced it was one of them. The counters are relentless and Wiggs + Lando got decimated. The only way I could beat it was with EP and stuns. Once all five are shocked, they fall like dominoes. But, without EP, that team can be quite insurmountable.

Throw your canons behind a Teebo lead.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running easy Node 12 (Stewart Greenback) since they broke GW months and months ago (4?) but I recently changed my STH to have massive speed instead of massive health/protection and I lost my easy node 12. If you did something similar to your top 5 that's probably what caused it.