Bariss is to OP?

Every time I come up against a Bariss Offee her heal destroys my plans and if I go for her first she simply heals herself and the rest of her teammates already got a full round of free shots at my players I feel EA shouldn't have made it so you can buy her..

Replies

• Nope she's quite easy if you know what you're doing
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Darkness wrote: »
    Nope she's quite easy if you know what you're doing

+1 although there are a few scenarios shes still troublesome. Ignore her. She's super tanky and hits like a wet noodle. You can ability block or stun her, but mostly i just focus 1 hero who will die in 1 turn. If she heals you take it and keep focusing the easy targets shes nearly useless for a couple turns in which i should be able to kill 2 heros while keeping myself healed. So in short, ability block or dps the damage dealers, or i suppose you can use healers too the ai isnt too bright most of the time with their use of skills.
  • Usually she's not the only healer in the team. Concentrate on Lumi or JC and grind one down for the KO. Then work on their various attackers (leave Dook for last as his counter hurts), and finally Barris.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    She will probably get a nerf, but I think she probably only looks op in midrange gameplay
  • Niminion
    52 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't think she is OP, just a staple healer, that you can buy at 4 stars.

She is the only healer that can full heal a single character because of how she works making her healing unique.

I don't know why she has so much health though! That's the only thing that feels off.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • I agree she's OP, probably nerf the HP a bit, other than that she's fine
  • @PikaChu wrote: »
    I agree she's OP, probably nerf the HP a bit, other than that she's fine

I think all you people need to reassess the meaning of "OP" in these discussions.

To imply a character is overpowered is to suggest that they are much stronger than any other character out there and that they are unbeatable.

Barriss isn't unbeatable and she most definitely is not more powerful than the majority of characters available.

I think the word you should be using here is "unbalanced". You feel that she is unbalanced. Not OP.
  • I think all you people need to reassess the meaning of "OP" in these discussions.

To imply a character is overpowered is to suggest that they are much stronger than any other character out there and that they are unbeatable.

Barriss isn't unbeatable and she most definitely is not more powerful than the majority of characters available.

I think the word you should be using here is "unbalanced". You feel that she is unbalanced. Not OP.

yeah, wrong choice of words, my bad, unbalanced was the word I was looking for, thanks for pointing it out
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    When i am looking at arena fights i target chewy and bariss leaders over others, as they are not as strong as sidious ben or even dooku. Beat a 5 star bariss today using 3 4* heros, no one on my team died. I don't know why people think shes so op when she has 1 good ability and the rest of the time she is half a hero.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    PikaChu wrote: »
    I agree she's OP, probably nerf the HP a bit, other than that she's fine

Why nerf the hp, you should be saving her for last when hp doesnt matter (unless you are timing out).
  • and I think another thing most ppl overlook is that the purchased Barriss is 4* right out of the gate. so when all these F2P ppl face her for the first time feel that she is "OP" because she's got all this HP and can heal very well. and so begins all the whining....

well of course she's tough, she's already 4* and most likely geared up.
  • She's not that strong, if you know what you are doing in the arena fights. Make her waste her heal on a low health character. She's easier to beat in a mixed team, in an all light side jedi team loaded with HP, you need strong DPS and you're fine. If she's with Sidious and other un-fun high HP characters more boosted than yours. Well, it's not HER fault, that player has a stronger team than you :p Don't have her and don't want her.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Bariss is most definitely not OP, AI is stupid and 9x will not heal unless a chara is under 40%. Use this to your advantage and ignore her, use Sid and have him apply immunity to ignore her or another healer ability (although her HP equalizing still affects the person with immunity) my first target in order of priorty is always DPS, mainly Dooku, Maal, Luke, Ahsoka, etc. Then I take out support units, then back-up healers, followed by tanks and finally Bariss. I use to ignore Dooku at the start of fights but it's better to take him out than letting him rage on your team freely.

I've easily taken out people who have 2k power over me using this strategy and almost always win every time with my entire roster.

Team is:
    Bariss 4* gear 5 - leader
    Windu 4* gear 5
    Ahsoka 3* gear 5
    Dooku 4* gear 5
    Sid 4* gear 6
  • I simply hate her cause her heal ignores the Sidious' anti heal debuff.. I think this is a bug..
  • @ilyanor wrote: »
    I simply hate her cause her heal ignores the Sidious' anti heal debuff.. I think this is a bug..

So are you only saying you think it's a bug because you hate the fact that it ignores heal immunity?

Because I think it's working as intended and I don't even use Barriss in my team.
  • Interesting as I usually go for the healers first and then lowest health so I can get a character down in one round if possible. As far as I'm concerned it's better to get a 5v4 advantage as quickly as possible
  • Interesting as I usually go for the healers first and then lowest health so I can get a character down in one round if possible. As far as I'm concerned it's better to get a 5v4 advantage as quickly as possible

I always leave Barriss last, but she's usually not the only healer and I often come up against 3 healer teams (any combination of Barriss, Lumi, Consular, Daka, or Talia).

My first target priority is usually a healer in this order: Daka > Lumi > Consular > Talia.

Dooku or Sidious is usually my 2nd target just because they're usually the easiest to kill of the damage types.

Then I go for the remaining healers and tanks, leaving Barriss for last. Always.

Haven't lost any Arena or GW battles yet with this strat.