Your forum event thread

2Next

Replies

• GrampaSimpson has insufficient memory to continue.

GrampaSimpson is still cold.

Where am I again?
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Great replies one and all. I trust we made our point.

What I share with my guildmates is MY DECISION. And should not be fodder for arguements, ridicule, and alike. If I want to field an obscure squad, isn't that why we are supposed to build many diverse teams? And isn't that our own decision? We all know very well many in game think you must build the FOTM teams or you shouldn't be allowed to play at all. There are hundreds if not thousands of opinions on what to do, who to gear, how to play. OMG get a life.

Who I advance, how I play, is my decision. When I play is my decision. With guild spam showing little johnny playing at 4 AM because he couldn't sleep, it is now everyone in the guilds business if he 7* the worst hero in the deck. It's no ones business (And if you are one of those players that check out each hero of other guild members, using their profile, again, OMG get a life ASAP!!!) The guild event spam, is just another idea that should not have been acted on. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Isn't it bad enough some guilds run credit checks, do we really need the game to be a tattle tail, oh oh billy put omegas in a jawa.. boot him out now...

Sorry to go off, but this struck a cord with me. And trust me, the first 3 drafts would have gotten me banned lol.
  • +1 @Rumpelstilzchen . I hadn't seen the danger in the guild chat change, only how annoying it is. It never occurred to me that the powers that be in one's guild would view your improvements with scrutiny and cull the roster in those regards. That's a little Big Brother-ish! Now instead of functioning as a communication tool (which is nigh impossible now with the diarrhea of announcements that flood it), the chat serves to tattle on guildmates' activities like a SW:GoH Snowden.

I'm with you. How I play the game, the efforts and resources I invest in and the target of my purchase behavior, these are mine to control how I wish. It's bad enough that the game encourages a fierce spending habit as it is; it's my dollar, at the very least my time, and I'll farm Geonosians and Separatists if I so choose. Guild leaders/officers: keep an open mind to your members' toon advancements. They may be (and probably are) onto something. And if not, oh well! They get to play how they wish, just as much as you get to spend and allocate as you wish. Better yet: do your best to ignore those announcements. Stick to the chat (that which you can catch in between the nonsense).

@EA_Jesse and the other devs: I speak for at least myself, and any who agree, when I say: it was a neat idea, but we don't need any further means of pushing the classes farther apart in this game. We already have Palpatine for that. (Palp owners, please hold your hate replies, and enjoy your nifty toon. I hope to join you next round.)
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Big brother is watching..
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Shatterling Purslane: .
    Post edited by ShatterlingPurslane on
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Oh snap, I think I know why the guild spam was added. The Elitest Guilds must have pushed for it to spy on their members. Lol
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on
  • Rumpelstilzchen was removed from the Guild by CG_Fake_Name

B)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Rumpelstilzchen was removed from the Guild by CG_Fake_Name

B)

Mooi! Ja
  • oh i see, so its about guild member announcement, i know its annoying but you can turn it off n setting>guild notif(just in case)
    no idea about why swgoh has it, in futurefight(or any other freemium *rpgs*) has that in both global/guild chat.
    to make other player envy i think
    the cake is a lie
  • I don't know about others, but I don't want to turn announcements off altogether. It's still handy for when our guild starts a raid, or when a phase is complete, or when new members join. When all that was added, it was a win. All these new notifications are not only annoying, but in a way invasive. You wanna know what gear level my Nebit's on, click on my inventory and select him. The whole guild doesn't need a town crier rattling off every member's moves.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't know about others, but I don't want to turn announcements off altogether. It's still handy for when our guild starts a raid, or when a phase is complete, or when new members join. When all that was added, it was a win. All these new notifications are not only annoying, but in a way invasive. You wanna know what gear level my Nebit's on, click on my inventory and select him. The whole guild doesn't need a town crier rattling off every member's moves.

Minding other peoples business seems to be a popular passtime. Sad really, for want of a life of their own, they covet those with one.. Ah well, everyone needs a hobby right.
    Post edited by Rumpelstilzchen on