DPS team to beat Rex , SF, Lando, Anakin, Palp team

Anyone have any tips for a team to beat this team?

Without Sun Fac or Rex, and no droids.

Replies

• Wiggs, Anakin, QGJ, Rey, Aayla, Fives, Palpatine, Lando
  • Havent tried cause i run both.
    But a fast wiggs sth leya (or other dps dealer, rey even) and a dispeller (aa, qj) give me a headache sometimes. Will be very rng depending though.

Im 15-30 in arena, im sure top 10 will be different
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Wiggs, Daka, RG, STH

Wiggs, Murders Palp.

Stun Lando

Stun Rex

Murder Anakin

Murder Rex

Re-Stun as necessary; ignore/save SF for last, don't touch him if possible, unless you can stun him, then stun him, and murder as necessary.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Wiggs, Daka, RG, STH

Wiggs, Murders Palp.

Stun Lando

Stun Rex

Murder Anakin

Murder Rex

Re-Stun as necessary; ignore/save SF for last, don't touch him if possible, unless you can stun him, then stun him, and murder as necessary.

200.gif#0
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Wiggs, Daka, RG, STH

Wiggs, Murders Palp.

Stun Lando

Stun Rex

Murder Anakin

Murder Rex

Only problem. Rex has like 230+ speed on top 7 guys in my shard. He is gonna go before I get to stun anyone. I don't have a shitload of speed secondaries. Only enough to get Biggs, STHan in the 220+ range.
  • I'm willing to try anything at this point. I have tried a ton of crap and can't make it happen.

• Jambiiiiiiiii
    912 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    Wiggs, Daka, RG, STH

Wiggs, Murders Palp.

Stun Lando

Stun Rex

Murder Anakin

Murder Rex

Only problem. Rex has like 230+ speed on top 7 guys in my shard. He is gonna go before I get to stun anyone. I don't have a shitload of speed secondaries. Only enough to get Biggs, STHan in the 220+ range.

Ooohwee. Rex going first could help you out. He won't use squad discipline if he goes first.

Edit : if anakin goes first, that's when the problems start and if that is the case, you may want b2 on your team.
  • I broke through with Wedge Lead, Biggs, Anakin, QGJ and Leia. We will see if I can repeat it a few times
  • Spardog713 wrote: »
    I broke through with Wedge Lead, Biggs, Anakin, QGJ and Leia. We will see if I can repeat it a few times

Getting Biggs above 230 speed considering his +60 speed (Wedge Red Leader +45 and Lando lead bonus +15) should be doable, even with very average secondaries. Biggs kills Palp instantly, no questions.

I then recommend stuns to control the battlefield. Aayla can often stun Lando after his first AOE on a counter, RG is another great stunner. So I'd go Wedge lead, Biggs, Anakin, Aayla and RG. That also gives you 3 very tanky toons alongside Wiggs.

Stack crit chance and potency on Aayla, her damage is good but her stuns and assists are what make her shine.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Spardog713 wrote: »
    I broke through with Wedge Lead, Biggs, Anakin, QGJ and Leia. We will see if I can repeat it a few times

Getting Biggs above 230 speed considering his +60 speed (Wedge Red Leader +45 and Lando lead bonus +15) should be doable, even with very average secondaries. Biggs kills Palp instantly, no questions.

I then recommend stuns to control the battlefield. Aayla can often stun Lando after his first AOE on a counter, RG is another great stunner. So I'd go Wedge lead, Biggs, Anakin, Aayla and RG. That also gives you 3 very tanky toons alongside Wiggs.

Stack crit chance and potency on Aayla, her damage is good but her stuns and assists are what make her shine.

Thanks.

I am building Aayla right now. I only have her at 4 stars. I also only have RG at 6 stars. I never really prioritized RG.

I have been able to snipe #1 - 3 in my shard for a while now with WIGGS but I seem to be falling a little behind right now. I arrived a little late to the Rex party and its hurting me now.

I am farming Rex and SF through shipments but it will take a while. I am just hoping to compete long enough make it worth the farming.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    This rex team and variants of it are why arena is overflowed with wiggs. Wanna beat rex, u have a short list of viable options.

Woke up today with only one rex in my top ten. Great day. The four of them are all clustered just over ten, but they don't have payout for several hours yet, so they are in great shape still. No-refresh climb for most. And one rex team even changed over to lando-wiggs. Woohoo. Course the wiggs at the top, we are mostly all whales, too. Lol. At least there aren't 3 or 4 rex teams permanently clogging top 8.

Other shards maybe different. Rex has sat in top ten ever since he existed on my shard. For 7 months str8, he sat there. Eventually he needed to pick up anni and then lando. But otherwise no real need to change his team. So this makes me happy. I suppose in 3 or 4 weeks I can be sick of wiggs meta.

Today, a weak droid team in 4 slot. He lools like legit f2p. Good for him. I watched him gearing and climbing for months.
    Post edited by LastJedi on
    Thanks.

I am building Aayla right now. I only have her at 4 stars. I also only have RG at 6 stars. I never really prioritized RG.

I have been able to snipe #1 - 3 in my shard for a while now with WIGGS but I seem to be falling a little behind right now. I arrived a little late to the Rex party and its hurting me now.

I am farming Rex and SF through shipments but it will take a while. I am just hoping to compete long enough make it worth the farming.

Rex lead is beatable without Rex. If he goes first, as others have said, he won't use squad discipline, so you don't have to worry about tenacity up to start. You want to take out Palpatine before he goes, then Anakin. Personally, once I've gotten rid of 2 of the 5, I have no issue using Lando's AOE against the remaining 3, Rex lead or not. I've even done this (successfully) against full clone teams with a Rex lead. If you can keep Sun Fac and Rex stunned, even better.
    Thanks.

Rex lead is beatable without Rex. If he goes first, as others have said, he won't use squad discipline, so you don't have to worry about tenacity up to start. You want to take out Palpatine before he goes, then Anakin. Personally, once I've gotten rid of 2 of the 5, I have no issue using Lando's AOE against the remaining 3, Rex lead or not. I've even done this (successfully) against full clone teams with a Rex lead. If you can keep Sun Fac and Rex stunned, even better.

That's why I'm running a Rex lead with Shoretrooper, he guarantees Rex gets his chance to shine.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Just beat that exact team using wedge lead Biggs qgj geo raid Han
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Palanthian wrote: »
    That's why I'm running a Rex lead with Shoretrooper, he guarantees Rex gets his chance to shine.

What is the rest of your team? Today, I took out that full clone team, again, without stunning Rex early on. The tenacity up is really only relevant if you're overly concerned with status effects. Without the stun, my team functions fine. The trick is, on offense, avoiding Lando's AOE (and Wedge's) until you've reduced the number of opponents.
  • There are three of these teams at the top of my Shard. I run droids so I get countered pretty heavily by the Rex(L), SF, Palp, JKA, Lando teams. I've managed to put together a comp that I can (with some good RNG) beat these teams about 2/3 to 3/4 of the time. I run HK (L), IG100, IG 86, B2, JE. Turn order is as follows:

1) JE recalibrate
    2) HK auto attack only (to not give too much turn meter)
    3) IG 86 Assist attack
    4) IG 100 AOE (will give TM to some, but will remove TM from others, essentially a wash)
    5) B2

First round of attacks is usually to kill Rex (so that second round of attacks can land debuffs). After that IG 100 and B2 wear the other team down with counters and AOE. Link to my squad: https://swgoh.gg/u/jepoycz/.

Hopefully that helps, droids are much weaker these days, but you can beat Rex with some good RNG on your side.
  • Hovahdo wrote: »
    First round of attacks is usually to kill Rex (so that second round of attacks can land debuffs). After that IG 100 and B2 wear the other team down with counters and AOE.

With droids, you've got to take out Rex first. With Stormtrooper Han teams, you need to take out Echo first (since his AOE gets rid of buffs). Plus Echo is squishy.
  • IN_DarthJarJar
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Rex, SF, Lando, Anakin, Palp

I beat this team lineup daily in Arena with Wiggs, Lando, St Han; I swap in Palps or Ackbar. Either work. Ackbar is preferable, as Rex's tenacity up will nullify your Palps' stun. AA Tactical Genius timed to provide Lando two Double Downs is more useful here.

The team you're trying to beat has a TM generation deficit compared to Wiggs w/ a fast St Han.

Your St Han goes first, providing 30% TM to your team. Wiggs one-shots the enemy of your choice; I'd hit Anakin first. If you hit anyone else, Anakin gets 100% TM and will use his AOE.

Wedge is up next. Don't use his AOE; Rex teams gain TM on critical hits. Use Wedge's basic to hit Lando, wear down his protection.

AA goes next; Tactical Genius.

Now your Lando goes. The first double down might provide the Rex team with enough TM for their turn. SF will strip your St Han taunt. Rex will use his attack special; it will wear down one player's protection, but not kill them. His Palp might stun; if you have AA's tenacity cranked, you have a good chance of using Its a Trap to debuff. His Lando's first AOE will wear down your team, and might kill whatever toon Rex wore down.

Your Lando goes again. Kills their Lando, puts their Rex and Palps on life support.

At this point the fight should be 4 vs 3 - your next turn, finish off Palps and Rex. Go ahead and use Wedge's AOE. Lando should be able to AOE again as well.

All the enemy has left is SF; you'll have 4 toons to wipe him out.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Spardog713
    215 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I like what you have to say here very much.

There are 2 problems.

You cannot OHKO Anakin with WIGGS. Between protection and health he has 60k+ combined health. Wiggs takes a little more than half of that.

Secondly, SF has very high speed in all the teams and taunts quickly and there is no dispeller in the group you mentioned.

These teams on my shard have every toon at 210+ for speed. I am taking about ranks 1-7. These teams are insanely difficult.

The WIGGS, QGJ, Leia and Anakin group I use does well but really needs good RNG for Leia to succeed.

• The problem now is that the group I mentioned doesn't hold rank and does not do well against WIGGS.

So I am screwed either way.
  • What are your speeds? Leia remains the weak link.

If you have sufficient speed to compete, you don't need a dispeller -- your Biggs should go first, which will allow you to wear down JKA. Then your Stormtrooper Han should go (his base speed is 15 higher than Sun Fac, so similarly modded, Han will go first). He will allow Wedge to go next, who should wear down JKA more (he may not be dead, but if he isn't, he will be close at this point). Then Lando's AOE should take care of it.

Having QGJ in lieu of Leia is good, but you need Stormtrooper Han, unless you can mod everyone for 200+ speed.