Tier IV Heists: Just What the Hutt Does It Take?!

Prev1
GrampaSimpson
355 posts Member
edited October 2016
VDX108s.jpg

Ok, so my Chewie isn't quite level 80 and he's 6*, Lando is only 6*, and I'm still working on my Boba Fett. But come on! Do I have to have a perfect, %100 team? Just how close to perfect do I have to get? What's the secret? How much money do you want me to spend, anyway? Oh right, all of it, of course. I've been working on these lousy scoundrels for months for this garbage. I've wasted time and resources, and now I'm doing it again with jawas for this raid, which I'm betting right now is going to be another lousy waste of time (unless you are, of course, a big fat whale). Gee, I can't wait till I can be level 85 with all the toons fully loaded and three-starring everything. Just gotta mortgage the house, that's all. I'll get to three-star the Heists eventually - at the rate I'm going, it'll be in about three years. Let's see if I'm still playing then. Or three months from now, for that matter.

(*Panting*) Ok, ok... I'm done ranting. Probably shouldn't post this. Oh well, who cares at this point. Alright trolls and know-it-alls, lemme have it.

Replies

• cad bane works decent as a lead
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    What mods do you have on them? You need +crit dmg on Lando and 88. Also, a second tank in place of Greedo would help as well (I run a 5* GamGuard, although STH would be better). 2 tanks allows you to taunt in wave 2 with one of them and then taunt again in wave 3, protecting your damage dealers some.

Get all their abilities to level 7. Save Cad's stun for the boss in wave 3. Then the obvious stuff, promote Lando/chewie, get chewie to 80 (so his tmr basic is more likely to apply). Kill the weak mobs ahead of elites/bosses.

The thing is, once you get over the t4 hump, you won't have problems completing t4 anymore.

And you don't have to spend any real life money to complete t4.
  • I used much worse team to finish tier 4.
    You need switch leader to Cad Bane and Greedo to STH. You will pass it easily
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    I would say beef up your STH. He worked as a great lead for a long time for me before I got my lando to g10. Lando and 88 need to be at least g9 as those are going your heavy hitters. 88 is frail but a tanky han will let them work.
  • I completed it today for the first time with:

Chewbacca lvl 80 g8 7*
    STH lvl 73 g9 7*
    Landon lvl 80 g9 5*
    Cal Bane lvl 70 g7 5*
    Ig-88 lvl 70 g7 5*

So as u can see far from a "perfect" team with some toons at lvl 70 and 3 toons and only 5*....

However I got a lot of lvl 4/5 HP mods that I had to remove from my main raid team and put on this team or else I couldn't make it.

Also I had to use ig-88 lead to get Landon crits. If I didn't land good crits with Landon and\or if they instantly got offensive down on Landon I had to reset asap.

Was my first time completing it today so I was super happy :)
  • You have STH right?
    Why didn't you put him in? He should be able to take the win paired with Lando.
    Might need some luck if you wanna 3 star it but that doesn't matter for the outcome of the heist (goldwise).
    I can auto it with:

Lando (L), STH, IG-88, Han Solo and Dengar. Only Lando, STH and IG-88 are max/close to max, the other 3 are around the same power you have them.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • A maxed out lando and sthan. The rest don't matter, those two can solo it
  • This team should crush tier 4 tbh. You must be doing it wrong.
  • Get rid of greedo snd put han
  • Sometimes rng is on your side with bane lead(evasion)
  • I use lvl 80 gear 8 IG88, Bane, Lando, STH, and Nute with 88 as the leader and I three starred it today. At those gear levels, their crit chance's are all pretty weak so the extra 20% from 88's leader ability makes a good difference. Also, the dots are really good on the bosses. Since their a percentage based health effect, they do pretty good damage on the boss (around 2.5k per dot). Get the boss low on health and stack some dots and you know he won't get another turn in
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    I used much worse team to finish tier 4.
    You need switch leader to Cad Bane and Greedo to STH. You will pass it easily

+1
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    What's their gear level? G7 is not likely to survive contact with the enemy but G8 just might (G9 or better will). Running a CB lead is the way to go as evasion helps a lot in this mission - Level 6 or better. That 25% TMG from evading adds up and lets your heavier hitters do their thing.

I run CB lead with Chewie, STH, Lando and IG-88. My Lando's only 5* but he's G11; everyone else except CB is G8 or better. I only 2* it today (need a little more health for CB and a better gear level) but I got 2.5M + 5M so that helped me a lot with leveling.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    My Lando's only 5* but he's G11

You need to be farming that 8 energy Lando cantina node ;)

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Maegor wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    My Lando's only 5* but he's G11

You need to be farming that 8 energy Lando cantina node ;)

Been doing that, halfway there. He lasts a long time in GW but not so much in Arena - he's good against tank teams and taunters but lousy against Droids.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I posted this earlier, first time I did it was way, way lower than that

Cad 6* G7 lvl 65
    Chewie 5* G7 lvl 64
    88 - 5* G8 lvl 68
    Dengar - 4* G7 lvl 66
    Lando(L) -4* G7 lvl 62

Abilities between 3-6, all health mods from lvl 9-15. A few good ones swapped from arena team but mostly so-so on the rest.

Took an hour and a half in tries. Dengar and Cad are just really there to stun, had to drop potency in the + to get them to stick.

If you ever see more than 3 CUP, just retreat.

On the second stage, you can use the Lt to reset your counters and heal you a little bit before stage 3.

I tried 5* STH but he was worthless at that lvl, no dmg or health and if he taunts he will 100% die. Chewie was much better because of the self heal and defense up.
  • clhs
    195 posts Member
    I agree that STH would be good on your squad. Sub out Greedo for him. And try leading with IG.
  • Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I also was finally able to complete tier 4 heists today with:
    • Lando (L) - G9, Level 81, 7*, 7211 Power
    • STH - G9, Level 81, 7*, 7281 Power
    • IG-88 - G7, Level 70, 7*, 5211 Power
    • CB - G7, Level 70, 7*, 5095 Power
    • BF - G8, Level 65, 5*, 4568 Power
    I did have to restart a couple times due to Lando getting the offense down buff.
    2.5M credits each attempt.
  • Most people don't want to spend an hour and a half on it, but I did both runs today in about 20 mins for both with big bump with Lando and small one to Dengar. Notice all their gear levels are still low:

Cad 6* G7 lvl 65 - stun boss
    Chewie 5* G7 lvl 64 - taunt stage 1 and 3, self heal stage 2
    88 - 5* G8 lvl 68 - AOE and pick off guys with primary
    Dengar - 5* G7 lvl 66 - stun boss, everything else is useless
    Lando(L) -6* G8 lvl 72 - does 80% of the total dmg

If Lando misses an AOE double crit, restart.. If you get 4 CUP just retreat. It's a lot of RNG but for 2.5m X 2 it is well worth it.

Obviously a maxed STH and Lando works but not everyone has them from arena.

Chewie is better than an equally equipped STH for heist. My STH is 6* G8 lvl 72 and died half the time even without taunting. Chewie taunted first stage, self healed in stage 2, taunted stage 3 and dies asorbing first couple enemy rounds.

I tried Cad, no toon dodged a single time but this was before the last update. Lando and 88 lead worked best.

Cad and Dengar are only there to stun and do minimal. If you stun the boss twice, that's up to 4 TM bars and enough to kill the two CUP so it's 5 or 4 to 1.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    I tried Cad, no toon dodged a single time

If they aren't at level cap, then the dodge is less effective. There is a bonus to hit for level differential.

• Maegor wrote: »

If they aren't at level cap, then the dodge is less effective. There is a bonus to hit for level differential.

Interesting didn't know that. Does level affect anything else?
  • BGDJbig.jpg
    9IYCMIX.jpg
    If my team can 3 star it, you're definitely doing something wrong.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member

Interesting didn't know that. Does level affect anything else?

Application of debuffs.
  • Yeah your team is quality so your obviously doing something seriously wrong
    I Auto it every time with
    Cad lead 7* g8
    Sthan 7* 11
    RAid Han 7* g9
    Chewie 5* g6
    88 totally maxed

I could still finish it easy when raid Han and cad were 5 star
  • I can auto Tier IV with CB lead 7*
    88-7*
    chewie-6*
    Boba-6*
    Dengar-7*

When i switch out lead to 88 I don't finish. CB gets me at least 25% farther with his evasion lead.
  • YOUniverse wrote: »
    BGDJbig.jpg
    9IYCMIX.jpg
    If my team can 3 star it, you're definitely doing something wrong.

There is a massive difference between his Lando and your Lando and your Lando is doing 95% of the killing.
  • I Beat it with gear 10 88, lando. Gear 9 ST Han. Gear 8 Greedo and Dengar. Only have mods on 88 and ST Han.
  • FWIW it is more about Lando's gear than either level or stars. You need enough protection to get through the first round of attacks. G9 to do T3 and G10 to do T4. Having Chewy taunt round 1 or 2 and Han taunting round 3 also helps not to mention IG-88's AoE and alpha stick and Cads recent buff to usefulness.

As noted if you are borderline close to winning switch to a Cad lead. He enables teams with less protection to have a change, very RNG dependent but still a chance, of getting out of round 1 with barely a scratch.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    Application of debuffs.

No it doesn't.

Level only affects Str/Agi/Intelligence. When you level up those increase N amount. Agility specifically increases your physical crit rating slightly. You also get a slight increase to defense so you take less damage than previously.

But level differences themselves don't matter and the increase in health/amor/crit rating/defense/resistance/etc. from levels is modest compared to the increases you can gain through mods.

Debuff application is 100% potency vs. tenacity. Your potency is completely controlled by gear. Obviously you need to be at certain levels to put on certain pieces of gear but the level itself does not matter.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Application of debuffs.

No it doesn't.

Level only affects Str/Agi/Intelligence. When you level up those increase N amount. Agility specifically increases your physical crit rating slightly. You also get a slight increase to defense so you take less damage than previously.

But level differences themselves don't matter and the increase in health/amor/crit rating/defense/resistance/etc. from levels is modest compared to the increases you can gain through mods.

Debuff application is 100% potency vs. tenacity. Your potency is completely controlled by gear. Obviously you need to be at certain levels to put on certain pieces of gear but the level itself does not matter.

My bad, you are right on this. Source: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/581984/#Comment_581984