Rancor raid Speed Down nerf

I guess everyone is too busy banging their heads against the wall in the ATT raid to notice or complain...but the speed down nerf when it comes to the Rancor raid is ridiculous. Appears that Captain is regaining turn meter at a normal rate and pretty much completely ignoring speed down. Damage output in our guild has gone way down thanks to this. Seems to be roughly a 40% dmg loss from most members.

We still clear Heroic easily, but this unnecessary nerf is just stupid.

Good job Capital with this, yet you can't fix Teebo?

Replies

• It wasn't a nerf to speed down, only 5s
  • Krovv3n wrote: »
    I guess everyone is too busy banging their heads against the wall in the ATT raid to notice or complain...but the speed down nerf when it comes to the Rancor raid is ridiculous. Appears that Captain is regaining turn meter at a normal rate and pretty much completely ignoring speed down. Damage output in our guild has gone way down thanks to this. Seems to be roughly a 40% dmg loss from most members.

We still clear Heroic easily, but this unnecessary nerf is just ****.

Good job Capital with this, yet you can't fix Teebo?

Agree. And they won't fix Teebo because that would require effort fixing Teebo and then effort adjusting the raid around the fixed Teebo. effort=\=money.
  • So how long has fives slow been the way it is? Eleven months?
    @slickdealer
    So who is now a good replacement for 5s to inflict speed down? Phasma?

What was the change?
  • OMG I dropped from about 1.5mil damage to 1mil because of 5s NERF. So annoying! Plus I think Teebo GOT WORSE!! 4 times in my last battle with him stealth only lasted one turn.
  • Palpatine doesn't stick Shock to bosses now either. So much missed damage without his Crackling Doom coming into play. Why, EACG?
  • Most of my guild scored half of PR's.. My last T7 raid was 2.7M - now 1.3M..

Is Phasma any better than 5s? Dengar?

This is not correct. They may have only intended for it to apply to fives but it is applied across the board. Phasma, Dengar, Jawa all the same.

My guild was planning on doing our first T7 on Monday. We're clearing T6 without coordinating with barely one refresh. Now we're not even going to attempt the T7.

Plus we've done well over 1 mil on he T6 and it doesn't look like the P1 hp meter has moved 1/10th. The gave grievous 15 mil hp or so. It's going to take weeks to clear it.
  • I dont get the problem?
    Everyone and their grandma complained that heroic rancor is too easy and it takes a lot of effort and extra rules so that everyone gets rewards, right?

Now we all do less damage = less stupid extra rules needed = very good!
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf to speed down, only 5s

This is not correct. They may have only intended for it to apply to fives but it is applied across the board. Phasma, Dengar, Jawa all the same.

My guild was planning on doing our first T7 on Monday. We're clearing T6 without coordinating with barely one refresh. Now we're not even going to attempt the T7.

Plus we've done well over 1 mil on he T6 and it doesn't look like the P1 hp meter has moved 1/10th. The gave grievous 15 mil hp or so. It's going to take weeks to clear it.

T7 is a cakewall... All u need is some coordination...
    Have your best p1 people do p1 - 1 after the other to prevent overkill - p2/p3: just let everyone go in w 1 squad, try to prevent overkill - p4: zergfest at pre-determined time
  • Krovv3n
    71 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I dont get the problem?
    Everyone and their grandma complained that heroic rancor is too easy and it takes a lot of effort and extra rules so that everyone gets rewards, right?

Now we all do less damage = less **** extra rules needed = very good!
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    It wasn't a nerf to speed down, only 5s

T7 is a cakewall... All u need is some coordination...
    Have your best p1 people do p1 - 1 after the other to prevent overkill - p2/p3: just let everyone go in w 1 squad, try to prevent overkill - p4: zergfest at pre-determined time

Problem is, all it's succeeded in doing is creating an environment for even less variety when it comes to useful characters in the raid. So now our guild has 1 guy that still does 6+million damage and almost solo's the entire T7 raid by himself while everyone else has now lost 50% or more of their damage output due to this unnecessary nerf.

As someone said...how long has it been the way it was? It hurt nobody. Outside the raid it has only reinforced the Speed/AoE meta even further, making speed down an even less effective counter than it was.

HORRIBLE choice to nerf Fives, or what appears to be a nerf to Speed Down in general.

Aren't you tired of spending weeks/months (and for some, money) gearing up toons to be effective based on how they are, only to have them do something like this? It's garbage.

Nerfing speed down should not be an answer to the request of some for a harder Rancor raid. People forget how hard Rancor was at first until people figured out what worked and what didn't and then they built up those characters to be effective.

It's not about the raid being hard or easy. It's still easy. We'd clear in inside of 30min if we didn't have restrictions in place, even now. The majority of our raid was wasted damage...but it allowed people to contribute and not always be left millions of damage behind the top few players.

Again, we've spent weeks/month/money leveling and gearing up characters and it's just plain wrong to have a ridiculously unnecessary nerf come along like this that has really harmed those characters uesfullness in the rest of the game and has only further solidified the Speed/AoE meta.
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I actually just tried a p1 with my usual team incl 5's... Still solod the whole phase but didnt notice anything odd on the speeddown!
    TMR procced way less though so captain got some extra hits in... Bad RNG?