Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Prev13456721
lRushl
182 posts Member
edited October 2016
I just wanted to know if my guild is ready for heroic.

We beat the rancor T7 in less than 1 hours now, are we ready to go blind on heroic tank takedown ?
No spoilers please.
Post edited by lRushl on

Replies

• Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Example:
    Lets say you are in phase 2 and the rancor is at 5% health. 5 people in the guild attack the rancor and do 2% damage each(total damage 10%), killing the rancor. Does the extra 5% damage get applied to phase 3 or is it lost?
    The implication is that if the damage is lost, then you might want to have fewer people attack at a time towards the end of a phase.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Yes
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    No.

The extra damage is lost.

It does, however, still show up on the leaderboard for tracking purposes.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Naecabon wrote: »
    No.

The extra damage is lost.

It does, however, still show up on the leaderboard for tracking purposes.

Thanks, that helps
  • I'm really starting to doubt raid rewards are truly random. I've been pigeon holed into receiving scanners only about 92%+ of my raids now.

While others in my guild have been pigeon holed into their own specific raid gear as well.

It doesn't seem to matter where we finish. I thought maybe bc I usually finish inside the top 3 that's why I get scanners only. Well, my last 3 times outside of the top 3 I've gotten 2 scanners with 1 furnace.

Overall I'm sitting at right around 92% of my raids receiving scanners and I have no use for them right now. They've done nothing but stock pile. And only being able to donate 1 at a time while only being able to receive 2 at a time of raid gear practically does nothing. Each raid we complete these days, all our conversations about our rewards are simply, I wish I could trade with you. Bc I always get the same thing...

Can this be fixed somehow? This can't truly be random. If so, there's no way that 92% of the time I get scanners while 6% is furnace and the other 2% is callers or tech designs.
  • My rewards seem to be completely random.
  • This has been speculated for a while now with many players, including myself, experiencing the same thing. My guild is littered with members saying how they're sick of seeing a particular piece of raid gear whilst desperately praying for another. What I HAVE noticed personally though is that this seems to rotate for me occasionally, there was a time that I needed furnaces for days and I was never getting them, but now that only 2 of toons actually need them right now, I'm swimming in furnace mats (currently sitting at 200+) whilst scanner mats have been incredibly scarce for me now (whereas I was once in a position to craft 3 at any time)
  • Who cares about furnaces and scanners? All i want are cuffs. Holos cuffs and hairdryers are blocking at least 20 of my toons . . .
  • Nessy1939 wrote: »
    Who cares about furnaces and scanners? All i want are cuffs. Holos cuffs and hairdryers are blocking at least 20 of my toons . . .

+1
  • Seriously? If I wanted to play EverQuest 2, I would.....

Grevious is broken anyway at the moment, way too much spurious TM and broken cooldowns, but if you really want to introduce high raid mechanics to a browser game, please add some flags to clearly show the effects.....
  • this difficulty is unintelligible. i'm in a top 40 guild that prob can't even beat the T6. come on. this makes no sense. you can't strangle us with credits and gear and expect us to compete in this thing without having an all kraken guild. cash grab. no respect.
  • He resets cooldown whenever attacked 10 times. Meant to be unsoloable.
  • Give it time sweetheart. Time is all you need to beat a 't6', although bit of warning love it's called 'normal' now!
  • It's a **** show but our community is working together and we'll all get through it ! At least it's challenging still won't spend a dime on this game though
  • Hydracarbon
    665 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Synfreak wrote: »
    Give it time sweetheart. Time is all you need to beat a 't6', although bit of warning love it's called 'normal' now!

this is going to do nothing but destroy guilds as everyone guild hops to form super guilds to get kenobi love. i don't have time, i've been playing for 8 months every day, i should be able to do more than 600k damage with 25 G10+ toons.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    It appears TI's world first heroic was because they have been involved with the development of the raid hence making it trivial to them. The normal players want a difficult raid. This is a good thing. Now, I don't think the t7 should have been possible by TI this soon, but that's is only because of insider information. In other words, I think it's ok for content to be difficult for actual normal players and paying customers.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • It is much much different. My guild rips through the rancor as well. We are having fun just scratch the T6 tank raid. Whole new ball of wax.
  • RAYRAY wrote: »
    It appears TI's world first heroic was because they have been involved with the development of the raid hence making it trivial to them. The normal players want a difficult raid. This is a good thing. Now, I don't think the t7 should have been possible by TI this soon, but that's is only because of insider information. In other words, I think it's ok for content to be difficult for actual normal players and paying customers.

So what? Let them have their moment...maybe in the morning they won't want to kill themselves as bad as yesterday when they see the bank statements! It's a good thing!!
  • RAYRAY wrote: »

no i think they beat it because the have all their members with 70% of their rosters pimped out G10+. for regular players that is impossible because of the cash grab, gear and credit strangles all non-whales deal with. this is sick.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

No they did it because they have larger rosters than the vast majority of the player base and organized everyone effectively to Zerg it on launch. Doubt it has anything to do with solving the raid or anything like that.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    We clear Heroic Rancor in under 30 mins. None of us has succeeded in doing more than 6% to Phase 1 w/ our best jedi teams. Still experimenting.
  • Our Guild does T7 in no time and this is a whole new Ball Game. I could solo P1 and with same Team I did 299k on this one
  • lRushl wrote: »
    I just wanted to know if my guild is ready for heroic.

We beat the rancor T7 in less than 1 hours now, are we ready to go blind on heroic tank takedown ?
    No spoilers please.

Absolutely not. unless all your players are 70% on their rosters, you have no chance.
  • I love how people feel entitled to everything for free or for little effort. Whats the point pf playing a game if you don't actually "play"
  • im just trying to get some strats? anybody know where those are?
  • I love how people feel entitled to everything for free or for little effort. Whats the point pf playing a game if you don't actually "play"

i have 3k in this game, so you're complaining to the wrong person.
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    at 85 it will be easier

But after getting world first att today
    It is hard period
  • I think that this Tank Takedown Raid was designed for guilds like Team Instinct. Even for them, it was difficult and a high degree of coordination was required. Which means that this raid will be fun for about 1% of the playing population...
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    I just wanna know what characters I should be using and if I should take out grievous goons first or take him head on
  • Basically it feels as though this raid was designed for the top 1% of guilds to get kenobi whilst the rest of us that don't have 6 figure bank balance to throw at this can't get him without bankrupting ourselves... At "normal" difficulty P1 has over 30million health, how is that what they call "balanced", you delay the release of this raid claiming you are balancing and perfecting it for everyone and this is what you come out with?? F-c-u-k you all