Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• mccif16 wrote: »
    at 85 it will be easier

But after getting world first att today
    It is hard period

Yeah people forget most of us are 82.. by 85 everyone will be eating this thing and laughing.
    (BTW.. Ugnaught is a GOD, I never thought I would say it andI mean that) :o

• @JPBrunel man don't throw a fit about it. You do realize none of us are even close to 85 with max gear and strategy yet.
    Get better each raid. That's how raids are suppose to work. Suppose to be a difficult team effort, at least heroic raids
  • @lvl 85 this raid will seem much easier guys... Maybe just need a bit of patience for now...

Makes no sense at all for them to make a raid that the entire game community can finish one week later...!
  • Maraxus wrote: »
    @lvl 85 this raid will seem much easier guys... Maybe just need a bit of patience for now...

Makes no sense at all for them to make a raid that the entire game community can finish one week later...!

how about you guys get some strategies out to the community.. like who is effective.. who to attack.. we are appreciate that your team took down the raid.. but lots are inquisitive.. the more information that is out there, the less people with biznitch... feel me?
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    TI beat it in under one hour, were they the testers? Seems a stretch they played a brand new raid, didn't know what to expect. And yet beat it easily. W/e the case, you will need a strong team. The debuffs Grievous imposes are lethal. Best guess, 85 7* G10.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Maraxus wrote: »
    @lvl 85 this raid will seem much easier guys... Maybe just need a bit of patience for now...

I, for one, wouldnt complain ;)
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • I love how people feel entitled to everything for free or for little effort. Whats the point pf playing a game if you don't actually "play"

i have 3k in this game, so you're complaining to the wrong person.

I'm right there with you. And I still complain less
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    Maraxus wrote: »

I, for one, wouldnt complain ;)

i feel ya.. im not complaining at all.. im curious as he||. :) i wanna know some info.. yes its early.. but there has to be something.. my brain is going 1milly trying to plan. LOL there is a nice convo going on here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/58q2g2/first_maybe_ti_just_defeated_the_at_raid/
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Jetlife wrote: »
    @JPBrunel man don't throw a fit about it. You do realize none of us are even close to 85 with max gear and strategy yet.
    Get better each raid. That's how raids are suppose to work. Suppose to be a difficult team effort, at least heroic raids

I'm not throwing a fit, I'm simply stating a fact. I'm not hating, I congratulate and commend Team Instinct on their accomplishment. I think the devs did a great job... Maybe a little TOO good... The fact is it took about 1 hour for them to finish it. You're saying we shouldn't be able to finish it in the first week whilst some others finish it in the first hour? Like I said, this raid is only fun for the top 1%... I'm reading, most of them had to use 50-60 toons... And I'm not saying they don't deserve a raid where they can have fun too, that's fine with me. But let's not pretend that this raid was designed for EVERYONE to be able to succeed... I just wish the raid was more accessible to a wider range of guilds that's all...
  • What angers me the most is that I can accept, like almost every single guild, that we won't be doing a Tier 7 any time soon. However, it's completely unfair that the "lowest" difficulty is essentially impossible for most guilds. There has to be easier difficulties so people are actually excited by the raid. We waited months for a raid that we can't even do. I understand that it will be easier at 85, but think of how the countless guilds that don't check the forums everyday, or don't have 50% of their roster maxed out feel about this. This completely alienates the vast majority of players. I don't even care if they give us a tier with no rewards, I just think that most people actually want to beat this and have fun.
  • TI beat it in under one hour, were they the testers? Seems a stretch they played a brand new raid, didn't know what to expect. And yet beat it easily. W/e the case, you will need a strong team. The debuffs Grievous imposes are lethal. Best guess, 85 7* G10.

They were directly involved with EA/CG and the development of this raid so yea, they already knew it inside and out.

Also, everyone saying it will be easy when we reach 85, just how much are you all expecting your toon's stats to go up in that short range?? It's not like your adding 1-2 full gear levels here. And if you mean it's because we can all out the new gear on our toons at that level then remember we actually have to beat this raid to acquire said gear. I hope the "normal" prizes are equivalent numbers to rancor heroic prizes cause tickling this thing for a week to get like 12 salvage for something is outright insulting. I thought this game was going in a good direction again but this is disgusting, I haven't seen this big of a "pay for it or get lost" in a while
  • MacKenzie
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    He doesnt need 10 attacks... he will completely ignore cooldown.

I slapped down all but one magnaguard, grevious had only gone ONCE, using his baleful laugh. I had him slowed, his tm was at 0, and then suddenly its full and he is using baleful laugh again, bringing back all his minions...

No ten attacks, just a flat out 'eff you, im ignoring cooldown and even ignoring tm'.

Im all for difficult... i am not however for completely broken. Which this is.
  • I love how people feel entitled to everything for free or for little effort. Whats the point pf playing a game if you don't actually "play"

i have 3k in this game, so you're complaining to the wrong person.

I have spent around the same if not more and I'm not complaining. In fact I have been waiting months for the game to actually challenge us.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I guess this is the problem when you allow a small part of the users to be so far ahead of the rest by simply paying for the advantage.
    If you make a raid that is doable by any normal lvl 80 guild, the whales will complain it's too easy.
    If you make a raid which is challenging for the whales, they are going to be the only ones able to finish it.
    It would obviously make sense that the raid was targeted to normal players who have been playing for 6 months or more, rather than the few whales. I mean... if you spend $100k into the game, why should it be surprising that the game is super easy? That's what you spent for from the beginning.
    Once again, this just shows how broken the employed marketing model is
    Winter is coming
  • @Ing256
    Agree. I would simply say to make more tiers, heck even an "easy" intended for like level 70 would be fine by me and most guilds, at least it is something to look forward to and do
  • Okay, it is August. Can they nerf it in September?
    <45k on tier 6 with two squads of "intended" characters.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @Ing256
    Agree. I would simply say to make more tiers, heck even an "easy" intended for like level 70 would be fine by me and most guilds, at least it is something to look forward to and do

Sure more tiers would be a fine start I guess
    But they told us they modified the prize distribution so that it was more "fair" and "everyone" would get the new toon at roughly the same pace. When like 20 guilds in the whole game can finish t7, that "everyone" seems hilarious.
    Will it be easy at level 85? How? For a start if you don't get raid drops you can't update g level of your toons. On top on that even when they are leveled and geared up, how much more damage are we going to deal? 20%? It doesn't appear that's what's missing to complete it for normal guilds that can crush rancor.
  • @CG_Dan @CG_Kozispoon @CG_JohnSalera @CG_Conduit23 @CG_RyDiggs @EA_Jesse
    Please add an easier tier. This raid is impossible unless you are one the top 10 guilds.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Pcx99
    399 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    It appears TI's world first heroic was because they have been involved with the development of the raid hence making it trivial to them. The normal players want a difficult raid. This is a good thing. Now, I don't think the t7 should have been possible by TI this soon, but that's is only because of insider information. In other words, I think it's ok for content to be difficult for actual normal players and paying customers.

I can tell you that neither I, nor anybody else on the team that took down the raid that I know of was in any way shape or form involved in the mechanics of the raid. TI employed a straight up Zerg strategy to gain a world first. The members with the deepest rosters were moved into the guild for the raid, based on public knowledge from Dev postings teams and squads were recommended for each phase, each member was verified to be available and committed to be available. Then each member did 2% damage each phase. Some phases required more than one attempt and we went deep into the roster. But there was no strategy other than Zerg the 2%.

Now that the "achievement" is done we can hone strategy for the best personal scores, but my guess is that until the sub guilds are mostly 85 with great gear, this is not going to be an easy thing to do. From what I saw there is no single team that can waltz through each phase so you're going to need deep rosters to do the raid in addition to good strategy.
  • Agreed his cooldown of either 5 or 10 hits does not matter. Ive hit him 10 times and gotten a laugh. Ive hit him 2 times and gotten a laugh and adds. Bugged
  • lRushl wrote: »
    I just wanted to know if my guild is ready for heroic.

We beat the rancor T7 in less than 1 hours now, are we ready to go blind on heroic tank takedown ?
    No spoilers please.

This is a completely different monster. Pm me in would be happy to discuss nonspoiling details.
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Yeh it's seeming ridiculous how he respawns every dang turn
  • Synfreak wrote: »
    Give it time sweetheart. Time is all you need to beat a 't6', although bit of warning love it's called 'normal' now!

T6 rancor is harder than t7 rancor.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    If u cleared the Heroic, u would complain it was 2 easy. This is meant 2 b hard. Gratz to TI. Deep rosters r definitely key. Lot of folks, myself included have invested a fair amount of money. $400- $500 in my case. No way we r clearing this on our 1st attempt but we'll get there.
  • Does everyone else find the spawn rate on the droid adds way too quick? I barely put them down and only get a few hits in. I thought it was suppose be 5 or 10 hits on gg and them respawn. This is normal raid btw
  • So.... anybody got some good team comps?

We tried normal tank raid, and wow, much harder then we thought it would be lol
  • Just an example of 1 of the hits i did on grievous while teating numerous squads...

So i hit grievous for 3k... and it took .01% of his hitpoints....

Doing the math...

.01 = 3k
    .1 = 30k
    1% is 300k
    10% is 3 mil
    And 100% is 30mil.

30 mil+ for the normal version grievous... hot fudging ****.
  • I have a feeling we're gonna be stuck in this raid for several days lol
  • At this rate, thankfully no time limit, 2-3 weeks... and we smoke tier7 rancor
  • 1.02 % on my run netted 335~ k. It's around 33 mil I believe