Rex's subdue (and other health%damage attacks) nerfed

BandoLandala
97 posts Member
edited October 2016
Just noticed Rex's subdue ability does half the damage it used to do to Rancor (and other large hp opponents). Why? Dear god, why?!
Post edited by BandoLandala on

Replies

• I believe the rancor is immune to abilities with massive damage, including subdue.

Savage Oppress' ability where he can instantly kill an enemy that's below a certain level of health also doesn't work.
  • is it a health based attack ? they said in patch notes about reducing health based attacks versus bosses by 67% (that's a big reduction)
  • Edge wrote: »
    I believe the rancor is immune to abilities with massive damage, including subdue.

Savage Oppress' ability where he can instantly kill an enemy that's below a certain level of health also doesn't work.

did that used to work on rancor ? so once you got him below 25% you could just kill him ??
  • You're on crack.

It's actually doing more now. Before it did NOTHING.

Ffs at least have a clue before you cry stealth nerf?
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Subdue: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, plus bonus damage equal to 25% of the target's Maximum Health.
    I don't have him, but it's % health based, and it also seems that this attack didn't work before as it does now, after the damage reduction, because the rancor is still immune to massive damage effects.
    So I'm thinking maybe Savage Opress' Overpower also works differently now. Maybe there are cases that the damage is still considered massive, and other cases where the 67% reduction brings it under the threshold.
  • Didn't they say health attacks now do 67% less damage to raid targets? There's your answer.
  • darkensoul wrote: »
    Didn't they say health attacks now do 67% less damage to raid targets? There's your answer.

I didn't see that. Why on earth would they do that? If they want to nerf someone, they should nerf Palpatine or someone.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    darkensoul wrote: »
    Didn't they say health attacks now do 67% less damage to raid targets? There's your answer.

I didn't see that. Why on earth would they do that? If they want to nerf someone, they should nerf Palpatine or someone.

Oh I heard they did - Shock no longer works on Rancor.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • You're on crack.

It's actually doing more now. Before it did NOTHING.

Ffs at least have a clue before you cry stealth nerf?

You must be the one on crack.

I was doing about 15k with it against tier 6 Rancor and now I'm doing 6-7k. If that's an improvement I don't know what to say.
  • I have Rex, it does a lot less now and it was in the patch notes. The reason was indirects, like dets also, were doing too much dmg when looking at the whole dmg chart. Instead of making other changes which could cause other balance issues they decided to cut dmg of health based calculated attacks in raids.
  • But the title is wrong, Rex wasn't nerfed, health % attacks were.

Also 5s slow got faster. It was bugged and slowed too much.
  • But the title is wrong, Rex wasn't nerfed, health % attacks were.

Also 5s slow got faster. It was bugged and slowed too much.

Title is wrong because I didn't know it affected anyone else.

What do you mean indirects? Like assists? Everyone assists with a basic attack.