Tank takedown ( Merged thread)

Replies

• Got a feeling this is geared towards lvl 85 with maxed gold gear. My guild is on "normal" and it's very slow going.

How can it be balanced to lvl 85 golden gear if you need finish raid to get it first?
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    For me so far I'm seeing the tank animations are way to slow the same as others mentioned. I'm struggling to see at the minute how my guild will clear t7 in the next few months. I guess it's similar to the rancor in which apart from a few guilds, most will be stuck in t6 for a month or two at least. I'm up for a challenge although a little worried about the squad depth required. grinding and gearing new toons isn't going to be that easy whilst grinding towards max gear for pvp. I guess it will keep alot of people pushing forwards with roster development however.....

The gameplay wasn't really the kind of fun I had in mind, I was hoping for something really unique, rancor devour was fun, I was hoping for more boss specials that are similar/novel. How cool would it be if every 7 turns instead of GG going mental, he dragged a toon into a 1 V 1 with some awesome effects/moves... or the tank doing something other than shooting over and over. I am a little worried about the difficulty and the advantage the extremely few whale guilds will gain from the head start on raid rewards.

I guess it just compounds and even makes the whole guild hopping issue even worse aswell which is extremely annoying. Those who guild hopped most likely got the gear needed to get more squads to g10/11 and now that gives them an advantage with this raid, also the incentive for guilds to partner up to beat heroic is also there....

Over all, the raid seems good although I think t6 and t7 rewards should be the same bar the points for the leaderboard. That would eliminate the polarisation of whale vs ftp and also level out the progression rate. This would also eliminate the incentive to guild hop to beat the heroic version of the raid.
  • Been waiting for a challenge and this raid finally delivered. Plus it brought General Kenobi so I think its fair to say that it was well worth the wait.
  • this could not have been any worse in my opinion. It is insanely tedious spending all day trying to retreat, and there is no way I would have even bothered with this if it had begun during the workweek. This was insanely poorly balanced and is not something an all whale guild has any chance of doing for months and months (which begs the question why even release at this time). I honestly cannot think of a single good thing to say about it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Any new content that isn't immediately doable is great.

Reminds me of my climb or fighting for 30 in racnor raid to fighting for top 5.

The sticker shock of this raid will fair and everyone's favorite combinations will come out and eventually the cream will rise to the top.
  • Yes, because it takes more than one turn meter reduction team to do the raid.

The raid has very different mechanics than Rancor. GG's Tactical Maneuvering, the need for buffs in P2-P4. It's a lot more complicated for people to take in and figure out the best team for each phase. Learning curve is a lot higher and it'll take some time before a lot of guilds can comfortably have this raid on farm. But it's THE end game content and it's suppose to be hard.
  • I like it, it's hard. The only reservation I have is, "will the rewards be worth it". I hope so considering how long it takes to beat...
    I am the Reaper
  • What really stinks is we're doing normal and I have 3 full teams that can't hit because I'm limited to 25 toons a day. Will be happy camper when we start doing heroic...
    I am the Reaper
  • I'm really enjoying the new content. Ty CG.
  • After abandoning the heroic at about 80% left of P3, we've opened a normal and have just about made it to P3 after 1 reset. We are now looking to merge with another guild to get MC1 (our first guild) strong enough to do a heroic. If you're interested, please PM me.

@scuba so it would seem that a guild that can go to 80% left of p3 is able to go to p3 after 1 reset... Doesn't seem too bad at all then .

T6 does therefore look in line with t7 (easier though since u get the resets)

But that doesn't make me stop thinking there should also be t5. It just makes me think t6 is not stupid compared to t7
  • Mardowan wrote: »
    Maraxus wrote: »
    @lvl 85 this raid will seem much easier guys... Maybe just need a bit of patience for now...

Makes no sense at all for them to make a raid that the entire game community can finish one week later...!

It's a RAID, not the end of the game. Of course the entire community should be able to finish it in a week... and then again the next werk and so on. A raid is meant to continuously be beat, like the rancor or galactic war. If you beat a raid, that's not the end of the game. Remember when they updated the galactic war to make it impossible to complete? Then they seemingly have backed off, guessing because it wasn't fun for most people anymore. You'd think they'd learn at some point, but they don't. They keep doing the same thing as if they fogot any of the previous lessons. This is a raid. A raid should be able to be beaten by any guild within a week... continuously. If they want to build a side-game for the 50 whales dumping money on them, maybe they could create a separate app "Galaxy of Bank Accounts" and make it as hard as they can for those 50. For the rest of us, give us raids that we can complete in 2-5 days. The lack of brain activity in the dev team, when it comes to customers, is astounding. Do a focus group or full-blown research study of gamers and ask them what they consider too easy for a raid, too hard for a raid, and what would be perfect. I guarantee no gamer believes a 5-day raid is good. But this one? On par for around 6 months with my 25, level 80 characters and my whole guildful of others. Not even in the galaxy of bad. It is SO over the top it is hard to imagine anyone on the dev team could be that out-of-touch with gaming.

That's why I'm saying they should give a tier5 so that people that don't have the rooster still have fun with the new raid dynamics.

Don't you think however it's good to have a t7 that is a long term goal u can strive for? So I continue thinking not all the guilds should finish this content one week later, but easier version should indeed be available as it was done for rancor
  • DarthGozu
    283 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Maraxus wrote: »
    After abandoning the heroic at about 80% left of P3, we've opened a normal and have just about made it to P3 after 1 reset. We are now looking to merge with another guild to get MC1 (our first guild) strong enough to do a heroic. If you're interested, please PM me.

@scuba so it would seem that a guild that can go to 80% left of p3 is able to go to p3 after 1 reset... Doesn't seem too bad at all then .

T6 does therefore look in line with t7 (easier though since u get the resets)

But that doesn't make me stop thinking there should also be t5. It just makes me think t6 is not **** compared to t7

Open the score board, go to tank takedown. 12 Heroic kills - 5 Normal Kills. There is clearly a balance issue and people who are disappointed have good reasons to be. The solution could be what you suggested with an easier tier. Because of the way difficulty is factored in normal Tank just like Rancor T6 was through a limited squad number and a massive amount of extra health, these kind of raids don't provide an understandable measurement of a guild progression but they do bring their load of frustration. Rancor T6 was mandatory to access Heroic, I wish this requirement had been kept with Tank raid. Discussions would also have been more productive with the big guilds feedbacks on both tiers.
  • It was a bit overwhelming but I welcome the challenge. Yes, the whales will have an advantage. It has been like that from the start of this game. This raid didn't invent an advantage for whales. They get an advantage because they pay for it.

My guild is slowly chipping away at p1. We have about 10% left. We will finish when we finish. We are working on squad comps and coming up with ways to better our roster.

I think everyone needs to calm down and take a breath. When the Rancor raid came out it was tough at first and as team comps were figured out it became too easy. I think a lot of people have become spoiled in a way since they were maxed for so long and could crush a raid in an hour or less. We asked for a more challenging raid and we got it.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I just don't understand the complaining about difficulty. This NEEDS to be hard otherwise it'll just be another rancor raid with all those issue in another month. This has to last through level 85 and beyond. Geez... people are so impatient. For now it'll give you something new to shoot at everyday and work towards slowly.
  • I, for one, am glad you spent August-October methodically coding, QCing and balancing this raid to provide peak custom service we've come to expect from everyone's favourite games publisher.

"everyone's"? Lol
  • I hope now that it's launched they get back to bug fixing and adjusting heroes etc..
  • Bottom line is this raid is currently tuned for whale guilds. Team Instinct probably did not have any insider information, BUT when everyone in the guild of 50 can throw 20 maxed out teams at the raid it will go down fast, its not a challenge its just a zerg rush.

Most guilds though cant do the same.

Now the guys from Lord Skunk have given us a pretty good guide, its reasonable every step of the way, and you need everyone in the guild to have 40 toons available for the raid, preferably all of them at gear x fully modded.....

Again most guilds cant meet this.

The reason why it takes so much is because this raid was designed so that no one can solo it like the Pit. But if there is no game mechanic that just works in this raid, then there is only one solution, throw toon at it till its done, this whole raid is just a meatgrinder like Phase 4 of the pit.

Its not actually fun, there is not a ton of strategy (yeah some teams will last a few turns longer in some phases but its still a meatgrinder)

Now while I would love for there to be a way to actually do well in this raid through strategy, not just number of gear x toons, I do understand how we got here. everyone complaining about how the pit was too easy, and the top whale guilds especially complaining how it was too easy.

IMHO there is a simple way to fix this whole problem, take the existing tier 7 make a copy of it and for one reduce the HP by a factor of 4, keep everything else the same and call that the new tier 7. the other original tier 7 keep it as is, and add an extra kenobi shard to the payout and call that tier 8. make them the same entry cost and everything.

This gives the whale guilds incentive to do the hard one but lets everyone else still play the game and progress.

I agree with the creation of lower tier.
    I disagree with the fact it's just throwing big rooster at it.
    U need obviously some good rooster, but a guild with players that have only 20 maxed toons can beat heroic mode... It just needs to be the correct toons and a very good organization to prevent overdamage
  • the problem is that they don't release Tier 1 to 5 for this raid... it's a shame.
  • 1 why is the raid so hard
    2 if it requires lvl 85 toons why is it released while we all are at 80-81
    3 I have 8 teams now times 5 toons it's 40 toons, at 300k/lvl from 80 to 81 it means 12.000.000 credits where am i supposed to get that in a week?
    4 see 3 i need to promote some new toons like 3 jawas and to upgrade their lvl as well where do i get the credits to do this?
    5 why is the raid made for lvl 5 mods, i have lvl 1-2 mods with speed and potency on cross it took a lot to get them on all toons and there is a credit issue here as well. Why do i need to farm tier 5 mods and move them from toon to toon why can't the fact that ai have 240 tier 1 maxed mods that bring in specific things be worth it?
    6 why is heroic so hard i barely did 500k with all the teams and my guild caan't finish phase 1, the raid is buggy griveous ataks 3 times and when he gets the 10 hits buff yoda can't coppy it...why?
    7 why are credits still so hard to get? all i need is to upgrade a few more toons and promote a few others why di i need to spend 12m on 80 to 81? THere is a hard lvl cap for power lvl why can't it be a hard cap for credit cost on lvl 2 is it really that much of a diffrence?
    8 why not run credit heist event more often during lvling period??? I need 12m credits week 1 then probably more in week 2.... lvl 85 will pobably take close to 2 weeks but will probably require 30m credits....
    9 I was under the impression this is a colection game of sorts in wich the hardest thing is getting 300+ shards to activate characters why after 6 months I have a bunch of opened chars that i never use because I don't have credits? why let us get them at all if you don't whant us to use them? why have them at all? If you whant us to use our roster let us upgrade them and if you want a toon to feel special than make it hard for us to get him

- sugestions- New GW type event - allow the use of a team only once - high lvl players - with only 6 and 7 * toons and base the reward system to increase depending on the number of teams

10 Last but not least the new raid took months to perfect why is it still so buggy and why is it so hard this is an outrage , our guild has rules in place so all members can tag rancor we usually finish it with 1 team each and we need not to atack it with more than 1 because it dies to fast. THe new raid has a ton of life wired unfair advantages, no stun lock, and prevention from turn meter reduction Why so hard? why not more user friendly please look at the balance again

ty for reading
  • @Maraxus While i think you are technically correct here, you would basically need everyone in the guild to have the same 20 toons maxed out and for no one to make any mistakes and get good RNG, and even then i think it would be a very close thing.

If everyone in the guild can send in 40 maxed toons then it should get completed no problem.

BUT that still leaves the problem that the vast majority of people dont even have 20 fully maxed toons, and the game is not much fun when you HAVE to chase the meta, which is the core problem of the game since the beginning.
  • 1 why is the raid so specific?
    2 if it requires lvl 85 toons why is it released while we all are at 80-81
    3 I have 8 teams now times 5 toons it's 40 toons, at 300k/lvl from 80 to 81 it means 12.000.000 credits where am i supposed to get that in a week?
    4 see 3 i need to promote some new toons like 3 jawas and to upgrade their lvl as well where do i get the credits to do this?
    5 why is the raid made for lvl 5 mods, i have lvl 1-2 mods with speed and potency on cross it took a lot to get them on all toons and there is a credit issue here as well. Why do i need to farm tier 5 mods and move them from toon to toon why can't the fact that ai have 240 tier 1 maxed mods that bring in specific things be worth it?
    6 why is heroic so hard i barely did 500k with all the teams and my guild caan't finish phase 1, the raid is buggy griveous ataks 3 times and when he gets the 10 hits buff yoda can't coppy it...why?
    7 why are credits still so hard to get? all i need is to upgrade a few more toons and promote a few others why di i need to spend 12m on 80 to 81? THere is a hard lvl cap for power lvl why can't it be a hard cap for credit cost on lvl 2 is it really that much of a diffrence?
    8 why not run credit heist event more often during lvling period??? I need 12m credits week 1 then probably more in week 2.... lvl 85 will pobably take close to 2 weeks but will probably require 30m credits....
    9 I was under the impression this is a colection game of sorts in wich the hardest thing is getting 300+ shards to activate characters why after 6 months I have a bunch of opened chars that i never use because I don't have credits? why let us get them at all if you don't whant us to use them? why have them at all? If you whant us to use our roster let us upgrade them and if you want a toon to feel special than make it hard for us to get him

- sugestions- New GW type event - allow the use of a team only once - high lvl players - with only 6 and 7 * toons and base the reward system to increase depending on the number of teams

10 Last but not least the new raid took months to perfect why is it still so buggy and why is it so hard this is an outrage , our guild has rules in place so all members can tag rancor we usually finish it with 1 team each and we need not to atack it with more than 1 because it dies to fast. THe new raid has a ton of life wired unfair advantages, no stun lock, and prevention from turn meter reduction Why so hard? why not more user friendly and why can't this dream tam compleate it? I mean if we can run rancor so easy... why is this impossible I have 40+ lvl 80-81 toons WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT they are 7 stars please tell me what am I missing?
  • Now I know why this thing was delayed since August, the devs finally finished their first normal raid.
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @Maraxus While i think you are technically correct here, you would basically need everyone in the guild to have the same 20 toons maxed out and for no one to make any mistakes and get good RNG, and even then i think it would be a very close thing.

If everyone in the guild can send in 40 maxed toons then it should get completed no problem.

BUT that still leaves the problem that the vast majority of people dont even have 20 fully maxed toons, and the game is not much fun when you HAVE to chase the meta, which is the core problem of the game since the beginning.

And this is exactly why we need tier 5 raid.

Tier 5 with top 3 getting very limited (<2,3) amount of GK shards
    Tier 6 with top 10 getting very limited amount of Gk shard and top 3 getting 6 shards
    And tier7 as it is...

And putting the 48h limitation for guild hoping back

No more content barrier, everyone has a taste at new content, but better guild a rewarded with better rewards (same as in any game)

That is the solution I hope will be reached
  • Yes, because it takes more than one turn meter reduction team to do the raid.

The raid has very different mechanics than Rancor. GG's Tactical Maneuvering, the need for buffs in P2-P4. It's a lot more complicated for people to take in and figure out the best team for each phase. Learning curve is a lot higher and it'll take some time before a lot of guilds can comfortably have this raid on farm. But it's THE end game content and it's suppose to be hard.

It's not that hard, bubba. Just 2% per member per phase. The problem many guilds are having is that the rancor raid was so poorly balanced that guilds have gotten complacent and thus weaker as a whole. There was little incentive to recruit competitive players as our veteran members continued to climb the damage ladder. Now we are paying for it and premium members are hard to come by anyway. We have a core group of maybe 15 hard hitters and the rest are newbs. This isn't enough, obviously.

We have been a top 50 guild for a long time and are actively recruiting now if anyone is interested.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Got a feeling this is geared towards lvl 85 with maxed gold gear. My guild is on "normal" and it's very slow going.

How can it be balanced to lvl 85 golden gear if you need finish raid to get it first?

May I interest you in this GREAT VALUE gear pack that drops a random assortment of blue, purple or gold gear that you may or may not want for the LOW LOW PRICE of 599 crystals? (Limited availability)

BUY NOW.
  • Not at all, in fact it blows.

It really really blows.

Am sitting in a top 30 guild and it will take us probably 2-3 weeks to complete. That isn't a challenge, it's just a monotonous bore.

I knew they weren't going to just give us more rewards.

The only strategy that will work the best for this monstrosity is spend more and farm more.

When you get 50 7* G10 5* modded toons then you can beat it in 3-4 days.
  • No
  • We began a T6 after failing in T7 and were actually close to phase 2 within 6 hours of playing
  • My guild can't even do Rancor Heroic, so what do you think I/we think of the new one? :D
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Got a feeling this is geared towards lvl 85 with maxed gold gear. My guild is on "normal" and it's very slow going.

If you look at the raid description it says recommended for level 80, gear X characters with full mk 5 mods
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!