Need Credits !!

Hello all. I am a FTP member and have been doing really well. However since the launch of Mods and now that my characters are mostly becoming level 6 & 7 i need lots and lots of Credits. I complete all daily challenges and take part in every guild raid i can, and use all of my energy in the Cantina and standard battles but i am dangerously low. Does anyone know if there are any particular missions i should be completing to farm credits. The credit Heist event is useful but i can only get about 1.2M Credits currently but it doesn't come round quick enough. You used to be able to see your unwanted salvage but i don't seem to be able to do this any more.. any suggestions.

Replies

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Seems obvious mate but build up your scoundrel team. Flat out working on ST Han and Lando are the sure fire ways to progress with credits, arena as well as events
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Seems obvious mate but build up your scoundrel team.

This. If you can complete t4 of credit heist you'll get an average of 5M per event, sometimes higher, rarely lower (2.5M is the minimum and that is super rare).

• ooooh yeaaaah - just closed thread for credit heist and here is new :smile:
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    pargame wrote: »
    ooooh yeaaaah - just closed thread for credit heist and here is new :smile:

True but his question is different about how to farm credits outside of the heist. He is having some difficulty with beating the heist at a high level to make it worth his while (if I'm reading the OP's post correctly) so he is asking about alternatives.

I would suggest higher level cantina battles both for shards and credits. That can build up your Lando for certain which will help with the credit heist.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Until you can do T4 heist you will get most credits from GW.

Since they came out w he improved heist, a scoundrel team is pretty much required to play.

keep you toon count low and be very selective which mods you upgrade
  • pargame wrote: »

Be fair - The premise of the credit heist thread that was closed was "We did not get one this week", as it appeared Today that premise was proven to be false. This is a completely different topic.
  • Scoundrel team is a big investment but they will pay for themselves very quickly once you start completing T4 of the credit heist. Otherwise GW is a steady source of credits.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Scoundrel team is a big investment but they will pay for themselves very quickly once you start completing T4 of the credit heist. Otherwise GW is a steady source of credits.

+1. If you don't have a scoundrel team that can do t4 of the heist, then you should really stop everything else and focus on them. You lose a little bit of time furthering other teams, but you'll gain that time back very quickly from that investment.
  • Work on developing Lando and St Han. Get them developed to 7*/Lvl 80 and gear 9 or 10 and you should be able to complete Tier 4 of the Credit Heist without much trouble.

You will get your investment back on them many times over. :)
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    You don't really need to get Lando to g9 if you don't want to spend the furnace on him, but if you don't then you'll need 88 to g9, which also requires a furnace. Either way, it's going to cost you a furnace.
  • pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016

ok - I am sorry - threads are no absolutely the same. But we all need credits - that is the game. most of players do not star or level up some toons because of lack of credits. In credit heist thread just people asked "when" but it is because they need credits for level up or star. decision which toon to level up or star IS the game

EDIT: I am also FTP
  • pargame wrote: »

Oh yes. Droid people and ftp. The vegans of this forum :smile:
    Myself I'm a wannabewhalebutnotquiteyetcausewifewontletme.

• Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited October 2016

When there is a thread of somebody saying I'm ftp and can't get enough credits, it is useful for other players to identify themselves as ftp if they are offering advice if only to show the OP that it is possible to succeed in the game as ftp.

That said, if you're ftp, dolphin or whale, it shouldn't matter what another person is, since you are playing the game the way you want to. If you have paid money into the game, good for you. If you haven't, good for you. Worrying that somebody identifies themself as one or the other is only a problem with you.
  • Maegor wrote: »

When there is a thread of somebody saying I'm ftp and can't get enough credits, it is useful for other players to identify themselves as ftp if they are offering advice if only to show the OP that it is possible to succeed in the game as ftp.

That said, if you're ftp, dolphin or whale, it shouldn't matter what another person is, since you are playing the game the way you want to. If you have paid money into the game, good for you. If you haven't, good for you. Worrying that somebody identifies themself as one or the other is only a problem with you.

What if I have spent a smallish amount of money but identify as ftp?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    There will never be 'enough' credits... if there was and everyone could promote and lvl every toon they had when they wanted then no cash for the company that made it and progression is wiped with the click of a button.

I only have 2 pieces of advice for anyone re credits... get a scoundrel team to beat t4 on hiest and prioritise what you spend as you cant have it all in a day

This. If you can complete t4 of credit heist you'll get an average of 5M per event, sometimes higher, rarely lower (2.5M is the minimum and that is super rare).

Actually the lowest payout is 1.5 mil, and 2.5 is definitely NOT rare, the first time this event was launched I got approx 12mil total, but every single one since then I have never received more than 2.5 mil from any single attempt, chances at the higher rewards definitely seem lower since the initial launch of reworked credit heist
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »

Actually the lowest payout is 1.5 mil, and 2.5 is definitely NOT rare, the first time this event was launched I got approx 12mil total, but every single one since then I have never received more than 2.5 mil from any single attempt, chances at the higher rewards definitely seem lower since the initial launch of reworked credit heist

I meant getting 2.5M total from running twice is rare. Apparently I should change that to 3M. I've never gotten the minimum on t4. 2.5M is the most common reward for the completion of one attempt. 5M total for both attempts (which is what I mean by per event).
  • I always get 2.5M never higher, nerver lower
  • OP I'm going to assume you haven't reached level 80 and T4 credit heist is not yet an option for you. The credit drought from lvl 70-80 is really tough! Having toons to promote, raids to win, arena ranks to climb, yoda to get, etc. As others have mentioned you are claiming all of the credits there are to get, but how you spend them will get you through the grind. Don't promote characters you won't use until you are level 80 anyway (I'm looking at you Jawas). Don't waste mod upgrades on anyone but your arena team and the bare minimum for credit heist.

Just this week I reached 80 and for the first time today was able to do the T4 heist (7.5m). I'm sure I'll get the minimum from here on out, but it was a great feeling to spend on the bare necessities and have some left over.
  • im ftp. The key to,making credits is not spending them. It takes time sure. But being ftp is all about patience. I have tons of toons that need upgrading. But if your ftp just be patient , bids your time. I have a lot of credits stored up. And then when I need a particular toon for a specific event that I want to participate in I can lvl and star fast.

Its all about perspective. Do you spend credits immediately? You will always be broke. If you are okay with sagging back a bit in arena and work on gw etc. Then just build. I have over 400 purple mats, 40 omegas and 60 mil in credits. I'm also not number 1 in arena and don't get number 1 in raids. But I'm ok with that

What if I have spent a smallish amount of money but identify as ftp?

I believe that means you are either questioning or transitioning. I'm not an expert at these things.
  • Thanks everyone. I guess I'll just have to grind out a good scoundrel team.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Seems obvious mate but build up your scoundrel team. Flat out working on ST Han and Lando are the sure fire ways to progress with credits, arena as well as events

Yep, even the 50 - 69 in Credit Heist is paying out about 2 mil (2 runs)

I run Chewie, STH, 86, Dengar, Cad Bane.
  • My current team is 7 star level 80 Cad Bane. 7 Start Level 80 Storm Trooper Han, 6 star level 68 Boba Fett, 6 Star Level 69 IG88 & 5 star level 68 Greedo. Ill just grind my scoundrels and replace Greedo with Lando as i think it would be easier to grind him from the cantina battles.

Thanks for all your advice guys.