Character Strategy TIE Fighter Pilot

Replies

• need this guy now
  • Does anyone remember Pathfinder?
  • Deal 35% more damage for each enemy suffering a debuff. If all enemies have debuff (5 x 35%), that's sounds like a potential one shot kill
  • DarthLark wrote: »
    Deal 35% more damage for each enemy suffering a debuff. If all enemies have debuff (5 x 35%), that's sounds like a potential one shot kill

and if you could get vader to do one right after mwahah
  • TP will be potent (pun intended) in a Empire grp with palp ldr (bonus potency ) and dv for his aoe debuffs. TP will do crazy damage on enemies with 5+ debuffs.
    I was a FOTP fan as well.
    Guess I got my new gw grp in near futur
  • Hey @EA_Jesse any chance of giving us a heads-up as to where Tie Fighter Pilot is going? We're all pretty excited about him, any chance of him also landing in that "farmable spot" on 11/1? :smile:
  • Hey @EA_Jesse any chance of giving us a heads-up as to where Tie Fighter Pilot is going? We're all pretty excited about him, any chance of him also landing in that "farmable spot" on 11/1? :smile:

Hopefully so, but not going to count on it since they still havent put the Pathfinder out
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I have a feeling they are trying to force us to use different mods. If an empire team is going to be this devastating with high potency and debuffing AOE attacks, then we will be forced to mod teams out with tenacity up mods. That mod otherwise has absolutely no use so far. I also see them trying to make it more useful with doing the tank takedown.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Cm3Po wrote: »
    I have a feeling they are trying to force us to use different mods. If an empire team is going to be this devastating with high potency and debuffing AOE attacks, then we will be forced to mod teams out with tenacity up mods. That mod otherwise has absolutely no use so far. I also see them trying to make it more useful with doing the tank takedown.

I honestly just think they missed the mark on the Tenacity set bonus not being strong enough, and really the set bonuses in general. Tenacity just isn't a good balance to Potency right now.
    Post edited by Darth_Jay77 on
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey @EA_Jesse any chance of giving us a heads-up as to where Tie Fighter Pilot is going? We're all pretty excited about him, any chance of him also landing in that "farmable spot" on 11/1? :smile:

Hey Jesse. In all seriousness with many of us having to decide who to farm first for the new raid, it would be really helpful to know where Tie Fighter Pilot is going so we can plan ahead on who and where we're farming so we can best manage our currency. Include as part of this week's update?? *hint *hint :smiley: Thanks!

@EA_Jesse

Hey Jesse. In all seriousness with many of us having to decide who to farm first for the new raid, it would be really helpful to know where Tie Fighter Pilot is going so we can plan ahead on who and where we're farming so we can best manage our currency. Include as part of this week's update?? *hint *hint :smiley: Thanks!

@EA_Jesse

@EA_Jesse - also when is Pathfinder going to be farmable and where?
  • Question is how pilot would perform in defense. Who will be primary target? If it's always Rex, that would be great.
  • No idea but modded correctly so far with an offense up from palp my tie pilot is already popping off for like 17k crits
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    No idea but modded correctly so far with an offense up from palp my tie pilot is already popping off for like 17k crits
    @xReDeMpx, would you mind sharing how you modded him? :)

• ddlooping2 wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    No idea but modded correctly so far with an offense up from palp my tie pilot is already popping off for like 17k crits

4 crit damage mods with triangle crit damage with other 2 mods focused on crit chance.

Aim for speed/offense/potency on actual mods

Usually pair with phasma for guaranteed crits.

My pilot is also fully geared for lvl 82
    4 crit damage mods with triangle crit damage with other 2 mods focused on crit chance.

Thanks for the info, xReDeMpx, very much appreciated. :)

• cyxapuk
    69 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

Why do you need crits? Speed and potency to shoot first and debuff.
  • cyxapuk wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »

Why do you need crits? Speed and potency to shoot first and debuff.

You need crits to land PD. Potency is not needed, since TFP has a pretty good base and EP lead makes him stick well with just a potency cross (and PD on his basic is not resistable).

Speed is his most important stat, however, especially since he has such low health and relies on foresight to live. I have mine modded for speed and crit chance. CChance instead of CDamage right now because his crit chance is pathetic at 2* - that will change once he is 7*.
  • What if one does not have EP? :)
    What if one does not have EP? :)

Probably unwise to focus on pure Empire meta without him. I faced a fully geared 2* TFP in the tournament, and it was a joke - even under EP lead.
  • Got mine modded better than before.

Currently can hit about 22k crits with tie pilot

Is literally a glass cannon currently
  • Thanks for the reply, @RyanRen . :)
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Gear him immediately....this guy is a monster at 2*! Can't wait until he's available
  • I'm gasping to farm this guy, any clues as to where he might be available from?
  • KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I'm gasping to farm this guy, any clues as to where he might be available from?
    Maybe ships store
  • Personally, I'm not adding crit chance, imagine when you face a Rex led team... Your going to be aoe'ing at a top speed, if you're not careful you've just accelerated a Rex led team way way ahead of the rest of your group. Guess you can't avoid accelerating Biggs, even without a crit so I hope that ability block lands :)

Xio
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not adding crit chance, imagine when you face a Rex led team... Your going to be aoe'ing at a top speed, if you're not careful you've just accelerated a Rex led team way way ahead of the rest of your group. Guess you can't avoid accelerating Biggs, even without a crit so I hope that ability block lands :)

Crit damage is the way to go :) with a little crit chance.

Once I hit 85 I will gear tfp to g11 and see what he has in the tank but I'm already using him in my arena team and have taken 1st and hit 20k crits like no ones business and with palp lead and 215 speed he is just beastly
  • Xioborg wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not adding crit chance, imagine when you face a Rex led team... Your going to be aoe'ing at a top speed, if you're not careful you've just accelerated a Rex led team way way ahead of the rest of your group. Guess you can't avoid accelerating Biggs, even without a crit so I hope that ability block lands :)
    If criting is bad then both crit chances and damage are to be avoided (the latter being dependent on actually criting). :/

Xioborg wrote: »
    If criting is bad then both crit chances and damage are to be avoided (the latter being dependent on actually criting). :/

Rex is quite the beast but my tfp has a crit chance of 30% so his aoe dosent crit very often so Rex isn't a issue.

I actually use
    Palp,tfp, raid Han, shore, and Vader

Raid Han with this team does so much because it's missing a dispel so his stun in the start locks down that one toon to have issues with.

Then I use raid Hans crit chance up after tfp aoe for Vader and tfp one hits like no tomorrow
    Rex is quite the beast but my tfp has a crit chance of 30% so his aoe dosent crit very often so Rex isn't a issue.
    My point exactly. :)
    If he doesn't crit often why use crit damage mods?
    Wouldn't simply using offense mods be better?