So sad that guilds are breaking up

It's sad that the design of the new raid with Kenobi being the reward is breaking up guilds. Obviously unintended result. We have lost 10 members since update. ☹️

Replies

• in guilds, boards and Reddit it's all people are talking about.

REALLY surprised nobody from CG has even addressed it one way or the other. Like "hey we've heard the player feedback and we'd like to point out blah blah blah" or "we've heard player feedback and we are looking for ways to address the issue".

Maybe they are looking to see how it pans out for a few weeks but the point is most can't even access the new content as 81+'s and the only solution is to get more max toons quick AND join a full nearly max guild.
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yes, the raid design has worked 2004 but not now. The concept is good but the rest breaks everythings. The dev´s did here a really awfull job. All MMO´s failed after 2007 with 40 raid´s. The developers have slept and not informed. People don´t want that anymore. 20 active people are possible, but no 40 people or more. Just stupid to publish that.
  • The thirst for kenobi is real...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    people are selfish, no suprise there. Not sure if you can really blame ea/cg for that fact though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • They really dropped the ball with this raid.
  • Maraxus
    821 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    4 months ago they were breaking up because "mercs" or high power player decided to go in smaller guild to guarantee their good loots at rancor instead of staying in stronger guild...

Well now that hard content is back they are dumping those guild to go back to strong ones...

Maybe they should have staid put no?

You guys make all a drama of guild "getting broken up" ... Couldn't you see that happen... If you build non homogenous guilds, the day something tough happens, it breaks... It's logic...

And it's what some of us had been warning against when this big "move the whale to lower guild to "help" them while getting easy top rancor rewards" movement happened in May/July .

So going forward think of who you are recruiting and for what reason...

Is it friendship, is it interest? And try to get more homogenous guilds where the base of it is friendship... Maybe then you will see more stability when the games throws easy or hard content...

• @Maraxus I want your glass ball :) Noone could knew this before. They haven´t communicated anything about the strenght.
  • Svatlas wrote: »
    @Maraxus I want your glass ball :) Noone could knew this before. They haven´t communicated anything about the strenght.

I'm just saying that we knew that if something hard was ever gonna be introduced in the game, non homogenous guild would break... It's pretty obvious and logic no? (Unless bounded by real friendship which I think is probably unlikely in non homogenous guild formed post rancor to "optimize payout structure")
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Svatlas wrote: »
    @Maraxus I want your glass ball :) Noone could knew this before. They haven´t communicated anything about the strenght.

it was bound to happen. It doesn't take a crystal ball to predict something like this would eventually happen. @maraxus said it a while back during the whole "whales aren't welcome in guilds" era. Gotta give him credits for that, allthough i still think that alot of players benefitted from joining "weaker" guilds, and will just go back to a stronger guild now. Getting the best rewards in both scenario's.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Quoting EA Jesse:
    'Previously, it wasn’t possible to launch both at the same time with the tools we had in place. Guilds would have had to choose between the two Raids, and the development team felt this would have caused some >divide between their members<
    Well something went terribly wrong cuz excatly that is happening. Well done
  • It's so funny how people that actually can do this raid, around 0,1%, is hardly engaged to convince us in every post that everything is OK.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Can someone please explain to me the NEED for instant gratification? I understand it's a tad daunting that most of the previous heroic rancor guilds are "stuck" attempting normal AAT since they are not ready for heroic, but that being said, why do you WANT to be able to immediately. Everyone was kicking and screaming saying they were so bored of the game and they wanted something new....well....we finally got our wish! This is obviously meant to be something to work towards AS A GUILD, not just an individual. This raid will test all 50 members and require coordination and progression. I for one am looking forward to the day DoE finishes their first AAT Heroic, as it will be earned and that's where our gratification will come from.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @RJ_Brando the problem is that people aren't doing the raids with 50 people, they are doing it with 100-150, if you don't join a whale guild or hop with another guild, you will fall of the face of the game.
  • The dynamic our mostly December guild is facing is that we have taken on about 15 newer players over the past few months to replace more seasoned players who have left the game. We will likely hit a point in 3-4 weeks where heroic would be possible for our top 30 players if they were in a guild with 50 players of the same strength. I hope people are willing to be patient and hang. But, if defections start, it may cause a lot of re-shuffling. It will be most brutal for the newer players who will likely end up back in guilds that cannot complete the new raid on normal nor the Pit on heroic.
  • Yep, pretty much what Maraxus said, guilds should be based around similiar leveled and mindset players.
    Can't think of any game ever where a guild could ever be successful if you had super hardcore players and part time casuals. The content is completely different, the experience levels are different, the goals or lack of are different and quite frankly not everyone should be able to do everything.

If you put in the work, you want to reap the rewards, its the coattail riders that just don't want to put in the work but still want the rewards. You say its not fair that you can't get those rewards, actually its the opposite, those who did put in the work deserve to reap those rewards, its not their responsibility to do other peoples work as well.

There no mechanic in place to keep those bigger guns in guilds helping out those lower than them, I am sure plenty will. But thats a choice they have to make.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Yep, pretty much what Maraxus said, guilds should be based around similiar leveled and mindset players.
    Can't think of any game ever where a guild could ever be successful if you had super hardcore players and part time casuals. The content is completely different, the experience levels are different, the goals or lack of are different and quite frankly not everyone should be able to do everything.

If you put in the work, you want to reap the rewards, its the coattail riders that just don't want to put in the work but still want the rewards. You say its not fair that you can't get those rewards, actually its the opposite, those who did put in the work deserve to reap those rewards, its not their responsibility to do other peoples work as well.

There no mechanic in place to keep those bigger guns in guilds helping out those lower than them, I am sure plenty will. But thats a choice they have to make.

I agree with the general sentiment, but there is a huge difference between this game and a traditional PC MMO, and that is money. I understand the monetization strategy of this game cannot be the same as a game like WoW or FFXIV. Instead of saying "if you put in the work", I would change that to "if you put in the investment". It fits for this game (in terms of money) and a game like WoW (time and effort in learning your class).

I would preface the above by saying that I don't blame whales for wanting to consolidate.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Hobnob wrote: »
    @RJ_Brando the problem is that people aren't doing the raids with 50 people, they are doing it with 100-150, if you don't join a whale guild or hop with another guild, you will fall of the face of the game.

Besides Kenobi shards, why do you NEED to do heroic? Every new gear piece added in this update is FARMABLE. By the time Kenobi becomes arena viable there will be more readily accessible characters that will make him seem less game breaking (see Han Solo).
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

Well, if they followed the same pattern of t6 rancor vs t7 rancor in terms of the rewards in the boxes, you will get a lot more gear out of the heroic raid. Currently, you can finish last in a t7 rancor and get more rewards than finishing first in a t6. That alone will drive people to leave guilds that are doing normal tank raids to jump to a heroic tank guild.
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Hobnob wrote: »

Besides Kenobi shards, why do you NEED to do heroic? Every new gear piece added in this update is FARMABLE. By the time Kenobi becomes arena viable there will be more readily accessible characters that will make him seem less game breaking (see Han Solo).

That's a good point that 6 months from now who knows what else will be out there that will make Kenobi less insane.

Unless you have clones though, in which case he kind of feels like our last chance for meta relevance.
  • Svatlas wrote: »
    Yes, the raid design has worked 2004 but not now. The concept is good but the rest breaks everythings. The dev´s did here a really awfull job. All MMO´s failed after 2007 with 40 raid´s. The developers have slept and not informed. People don´t want that anymore. 20 active people are possible, but no 40 people or more. Just **** to publish that.

This isn't like MMO raids, where everyone has to be online and working on it at the same time, so I don't think that's necessarily an apt comparison.
    Maraxus wrote: »
    So going forward think of who you are recruiting and for what reason...

Is it friendship, is it interest? And try to get more homogenous guilds where the base of it is friendship... Maybe then you will see more stability when the games throws easy or hard content...

I think this hits the nail on the head about guilds. As I said on another thread, if TI or TS asked me to join their guild and do AAT heroic, I would politely decline, because I like my guild and guildmates and would rather slog through normal with them. If, however, I was in a guild that I didn't have that comradery, I would take the offer and not look back.

Now, there are other people who, despite liking their guilds/guildmates would take the offer and leave, because they get more pleasure from Kenobi shards and clearing heroic than from staying with the guild they are in. And there isn't anything wrong with that. But it's a personal preference. It's not the dev's fault. For those individuals, even if there was a normal tier that was manageable twice a week, they would still likely be tempted by the Kenobi shards and go to a guild where they could get them.
  • @Indominable_J In my eyes, short term gain (kenobi shards) or long term satisfaction (ie finishing Tank Takedown with a group of guys I enjoy hanging out with).
  • IDobaFett wrote: »
    @Indominable_J In my eyes, short term gain (kenobi shards) or long term satisfaction (ie finishing Tank Takedown with a group of guys I enjoy hanging out with).

Exactly. I prefer the latter to the former. I realize there are others who are the opposite, and that's okay as well.
  • Some of your guild mates are your friends, most are acquaintances.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    IDobaFett wrote: »
    @Indominable_J In my eyes, short term gain (kenobi shards) or long term satisfaction (ie finishing Tank Takedown with a group of guys I enjoy hanging out with).

Exactly. I prefer the latter to the former. I realize there are others who are the opposite, and that's okay as well.

+1
  • Order_67 wrote: »
    It's sad that the design of the new raid with Kenobi being the reward is breaking up guilds. Obviously unintended result. We have lost 10 members since update. ☹️

Couldn't agree more, several of my friends guild died and my dad's guild.

• Just gotta build them right. Most people want to take the path of least resistance. Very few people value the time and effort that they put into things when there is an easier way