Ventress a legit healer???

Abyss
1651 posts Member
So iw as just in a battle (runnin auto) and ventress did a move that healed the whole team for a decent ammount......... I looked at her moves again and see nothing about heals except the dispel self heal yet i watched her heal my whole team so is................
1) is ventress glitched and team healing when she should only self heal???
OR
2) is the description glitched and she is in fact a team healer even tho the skill description says self heal???

Replies

• Maybe it's because when you upgrade her skills one of her moves adds a full team heal of some sort?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    #1. And even with that it's not reliable and you shouldn't consider her a healer any more than, say, Ahsoka.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Maybe it's because when you upgrade her skills one of her moves adds a full team heal of some sort?
    No. This happens from level 1 and I've posted in the bug section about it.

I'm not sure whether it's supposed to heal the entire party or not either, but it does. Although there is still the bug about removing certain buffs. They still trigger the healing if not resisted, even though the buff remains.

Whilst incidental, the ability scales a lot as at level 4 it can remove 2 buffs per enemy which could equate to 50%/60% heal for whole party theoretically, unlikely as resistances often block it as well even if there were that many buffs on the enemies.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Yeah it's glitched but they should leave it as is IMO, especially considering her dispel only works half the time.

It's saved my life once, one of the hard mode missions with Poggle. He buffed his droid squad and my whole team was yellow bar from AOE. Then I remembered Ventress's dispel, it wiped all buffs from the enemy team and healed my squad to full. Pretty chuffed with that, but again it's very situational.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    99% of the time i use it just for taunt which wont heal much. I guess as more people unlock more heros it could become more useful but right now her attack is so much more useful. I only wish i could farm her shards because she is a strong hero.
  • You can farm her shards in arena.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Toolio wrote: »
    Yeah it's glitched but they should leave it as is IMO, especially considering her dispel only works half the time.

It's saved my life once, one of the hard mode missions with Poggle. He buffed his droid squad and my whole team was yellow bar from AOE. Then I remembered Ventress's dispel, it wiped all buffs from the enemy team and healed my squad to full. Pretty chuffed with that, but again it's very situational.

I totally agree. Its a bug that should just left be.
  • Well, her dispels get resisted quite a lot...so I don't see this being broken in any way.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Thnx i was mostly askin because i currently only have talia as a dark healer an was thinking ventress could be a backup but dont wanna risk raising her skill if they r gonna take away the group heal lol
  • She is a solid character and one of the few I keep gear/ leveled with my main squad. But only because of the bugged heal. Its a life saver on darkside missions. If she didn't have that there would be better options to invest in as the debuff is so situational its not worth the slot on the team as her damage is nothing to write home about.

She was designed for a full nightsister team so until someone makes a full decked out nightsister team we wont truly see her at her best. Endgame is all about synergy and not so much about the strength of single characters.
  • The bugged heal Just happened to me. I've read that they know her ability to remove buffs is bugged and will get fixed, but I do hope that they leave the squad heal, it is quite handy.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    I feel she's even buggier than this, i have her lvl 41 gear 5 with all abilities except leadership at lvl 4 and altough she should get a dmg up buff whenever someone dies she actually doesn't get it when the final blow is delivered by herself, no matter if with a plain attack or the aoe ability.
    Res non verba
  • She's the best player on my team hands down. I have her 5 starred, lvl 47, lvl 6 gear. She has 5 attack/abilities, and the rampage gives her offense/defensive penetration up w/ shot at turn meter increase upon any other character's death.

With respect to the OP, the heal is def. bugged for the full team (description says it's supposed to be just her), but when you get to 2 positive effects removed and it hits, you're looking at a major heal for your whole party (5% per effect x 2 effects x # of characters).

Her aoe attack, specifically when her rampage skill is active, is doing 1.2k damage per char on regular hits, and upwards of 2k per char on criticals.
    "....a substantial reward for the one who finds the Millennium Falcon. You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration."

Ally Code 889-785-821
  • It seems to sometimes do the party heal, sometimes only herself, and sometimes it doesn't even try to dispel enemy debuffs (they remain but do not say it was resisted). I haven't been able to find a pattern, either. It's all kinds of bugged.

I would have them make it a party heal that is bigger if it dispels buffs, and make the dispel much more potent. How the ability is written and how seldom the dispel lands, you are really better off just doing a standard attack. Right now it has a 50% chance to have no affect whatsoever. Just a waste of a turn.
  • Lol someone doesn't read the description. But yes her remove abilities is pretty key. But like everyone says,it gets blocked alot. She's good for arena trash like Leia and old Ben.