Palpatine Prep Event - Rebel Squad

Prev1
BulYwif
1977 posts Member
edited October 2016
Hi,

I want to be ready as much as possible for the next Palpatine Event. I have so far 4 toons in my roster and want to farm a new one.

Biggs 7*, Lando 6* (to be upgraded), Leia 5* (working on her for 7*) and Luke 4*.

Since I have Biggs, my first choice would be a go for Wedge, but AA fits also because of his debuff abilities. I do not have STHan.

Any advice ?

Replies

• I run:

1. Wedge Antilles (L)
    2. Biggs Darklighter
    3. Lando Calrissian
    4. Princess Leia
    5. ST Han

Definitely keep workin on Leia...she is awesome....might wanna consider droppin Luke for ST Han. Admiral Ackbar is nice, but he's pretty "squishy". Plus with his leader ability, you may want more toons with non-attack abilities to take advantage of the rebel assist feature which is pretty awesome.
  • Thanks for the reply. That's true that a tank over here would be nice and STHan is also playable in a lot of teams. That 's a pity that Scarif RP is not farmable.
  • StHan all the way... Ackbar is also very good
  • I did it with...
    Ackbar biggs leia hrs and lando - all but leia g8 back then - took 2-3 tries
  • you will need Ackbars skills against vader and palp. You will need StHan everywhere thoughout the game. You surely can do without luke or leia.
  • OK, with the shard shipments, I can get Wedges using the Cantina Energy and Leia/STHan from the Squad Arena Shipment. So I can go for:

Wedge (L)
    Biggs
    Leia
    Lando
    STHan

AA is also in the Squad Arena Shipments and I already started Leia.
  • AA is also good for P1 Rancor if you don't have EE or Rex.

Pieople usually lead with AA unless STH has really good speed, then they use Lando.
  • Ya I'd abandon Luke and go Wedge and Ackbar in that situation to complete your 5.

You don't need ST Han everywhere throughout the game unless you're trying to run a rebels arena team. I've got him 7* GL9 and barely use him.

He's nice to have. But it would be insane to get him over Wedge in your situation.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    I finished it comfortably with Ackbar lead, Luke, st han, leia and a low powered Biggs. Ackbar lead ability means you fire shots off when using the special event only heal/counter button. I could only get to the final stage on the bonus mode though.

Hopefully can get that done this time with Lando in for Biggs. I wouldn't recommend continuing with Luke though. wigs, Lando, st han and Ackbar must be the best team.
  • i'm gonna be making my attempt with STHan luke lobot hoth rebel soldier and hoth rebel scout.

they are all 6* so far and i'm working on 7* now.

i will be starting where i left off at tier 5. so i will definitely get him this time. depending on when it returns i don't see myself ready for tier 7 but you never know. hoping to finish tier 6
  • Bart
    22 posts Member
    For Tier7, how many 7s Rebels is rerquired?
  • He's nice to have. But it would be insane to get him over Wedge in your situation.

errr? why would one need to choose between Wedge (Cantina) and Han (Arena)??
  • not everyone wants every character or every rebel. i chose Han over wedge. not even sure i have wedge activated.

i used cantina to farm kylo ren and luke. since i have 5 rebels for the event i don't need or want anymore.
  • Kidneythief
    133 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Firstly, think about where you are getting your shards from. Leia, AA, and STH are all from the Squad shipments - so it will take you forever to get them to 7*. Look to spread around the love! :)

Biggs is easy, as GW is the most fruitful resource, so good job. Leia is already at 5* on her way to 7, so keep at it. Next, you need a Cantina shard, so either Lando or Wedge would be good! Either is good, but if you have biggs, neither is at their full potential without their counterpart. Then, with your Cantina tokens, I would look to the RS in the shipments, so you can use the coins you gain from getting Wedge or Lando for more rebels!

So, this gives you Biggs (GW), Leia (Squad), Lando/Wedge (Cantina shard), RS (Cantina Shipment), and perhaps hard farm another toon? Depending on your Arena rank, you could get Ackbar, as he is a great toon (especially debuffers with this new raid). So, that is my advice, and it will give you the most shards in different areas, which will give you 5 7* rebels you need to get Palp when he comes back! :) good luck, and happy farming!

PS- If it were up to me, STH is so useful, I would look to him first. I run AA (L), Wedge, Biggs, STH, Lando. I am working on Leia for fun though, because who doesn't like an omega that keeps her stealthed all battle? xD
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Will this be enough?

Wedge 7* G8 (L)
    Lando 7* G10
    Biggs 7* G9
    STHan 7* G9
    Ackbar 7* G8

All lvl 81.

• Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    @Atlas1 yeah should be good to go.
    I did it with g9 Ackbar g11 Luke g11 Sthan g10 Leia all lvl 80 7 stars. Plus a g7 lvl60 bigs.

p.s. Please don't ask about g11 Luke.
  • I have Ackbar, Wedge, Lando, Leia, Biggs and StHan all 7*. The moment I got Wedge, Ackbar got replaced both as leader and 5th member... Depending on the situation, may switch Ackbar in for StHan (like for phase 1 of rancor raid) but Wedge is too good to pass up as a rebel leader or character and i find him irreplaceable...
  • Maybe a silly question but when is the next Palpatine Event?
    I REALLY NEED HIS POWERS IN MY TEAM. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Thanks for all the answers. I will continue on Leia since she's almost 6* and go for STHan on the Arena shipment. STHan is also a scoundrel and will be a nice to have for the Credit Heist. Once Leia is 7*, I will farm AA because of his debuff removal for the raids.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Bart wrote: »
    For Tier7, how many 7s Rebels is rerquired?

You need five 7* Rebels to compete. It's identical to the Yoda event for required characters (always at least five of a given star count).

Wedge is the best lead followed by AA and then Lando. Wiggs + Leia + STH + Lando = dead emperor.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Firstly, think about where you are getting your shards from. Leia, AA, and STH are all from the Squad shipments - so it will take you forever to get them to 7*. Look to spread around the love! :)

Biggs is easy, as GW is the most fruitful resource, so good job. Leia is already at 5* on her way to 7, so keep at it. Next, you need a Cantina shard, so either Lando or Wedge would be good! Either is good, but if you have biggs, neither is at their full potential without their counterpart. Then, with your Cantina tokens, I would look to the RS in the shipments, so you can use the coins you gain from getting Wedge or Lando for more rebels!

So, this gives you Biggs (GW), Leia (Squad), Lando/Wedge (Cantina shard), RS (Cantina Shipment), and perhaps hard farm another toon? Depending on your Arena rank, you could get Ackbar, as he is a great toon (especially debuffers with this new raid). So, that is my advice, and it will give you the most shards in different areas, which will give you 5 7* rebels you need to get Palp when he comes back! :) good luck, and happy farming!

PS- If it were up to me, STH is so useful, I would look to him first. I run AA (L), Wedge, Biggs, STH, Lando. I am working on Leia for fun though, because who doesn't like an omega that keeps her stealthed all battle? xD

This is great advice, and similar to how I prepared. I needed another Rebel at 5* to unlock him the first time, so I started hitting HRSc from cantina shipments. I got there just in time. I've since finished HRSc and now have 5 rebels at 7* for the event when it returns. While there are certainly more powerful rebels to use, this was the quickest way to my goal. And HRSc is a good toon to have around anyway.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Thanks for all the answers. I will continue on Leia since she's almost 6* and go for STHan on the Arena shipment. STHan is also a scoundrel and will be a nice to have for the Credit Heist. Once Leia is 7*, I will farm AA because of his debuff removal for the raids.

Leia and STH use a lot of the same gear so you will have to decide which one to gear up. Personally I would go STH as he is the best Tank in the game with the TM he gives everyone. I understand you have been working on Leia and almost have her at 6*, but I would stop after you have her at 6* and bring STH to 7* and gear 10 before finishing her at 7*. Also Ackbar is a must have character for the raids. Leia is not a must have character, good to have but not a MUST have. Putting her on the back burner until you have 7* STH and Ackbar would be the better decision than finishing her at 7*.
  • Yamabushi wrote: »
    Maybe a silly question but when is the next Palpatine Event?

August...
  • Yamabushi wrote: »

never.....it's been confirmed. they didn't make the money they wanted from the event and too many people bitched about him being OP after the event was over and people are still **** so they said forget it.

• I have...

Leia
    Hoth Scout
    StH
    Luke
    Biggs
    Sarif

Getting them there, hoping to at least activate him this time :)

• Prioritize Wedge... not only will he make the EP event a breeze, he will get you a win on assault battles and provide for a heavy hitting team in raids and arena
  • holyjoe wrote: »
    Yamabushi wrote: »

never.....it's been confirmed. they didn't make the money they wanted from the event and too many people bitched about him being OP after the event was over and people are still **** so they said forget it.

Can you provide the link where it says its been confirmed... :( its not fair!
  • Sthan is a must i would stop leia right now and get han before maxing her, he makes everyone else so much better. I would also start wedge immediately and drop luke. You need to focus on getting your five as fast as possible so you can at least get 5* palpatine if it drops sooner than you expect. If you max before you get the 5 then you could find yourself waiting another six months - a year for the event to come back around. 5* palp is way better than no palp.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    He's trolling @Yamabushi. The event will happen again. However, EA/CG won't disclose exactly when. At least until they are certain of launch date. To which they might notify all of us a week in advance (or not, if they feel fickle).
  • i am joking, not trolling about the event never coming back. they would be better off to return it sooner though to make more money. if they wait too long everyone will have a 7* team and no one will need to buy bundles and packs.

i think christmas is a fair assumption. the new movie is coming out and a year of the game is approaching. they gotta do something big.