Since they are going to nerf Dooku and Barriss anyway, we can give ideas on what we think is fair

124Next

Replies

• I dunno... Barriss is annoying and I think she has too much health. Maybe decrease her HP by 10% and call it a day. Dooku is outright broken... 100% counter with bonus attack and turn meter? There have been multiple times when I have been hit repeatedly by him. As in I take out the other 4 then loose 2 to him... When he's leveled. Personally I don't think anyone should have 100% counter....50% at best and no bonus attacks on that and no status effects or turn meter on either bonus or counter attack. Make it straight extra damage. Then up his total damage by 5%, reduce the cool down on lightning by 1, and give him 10% more HP.

Here's the thing... There are classes that you prioritize taking out... Not one character. I'd say the other end of the balance spectrum would be to up a few other characters counter to 100%... But then you'd just be watching ping pong all day as they counter each other until one dies....

I don't think barriss needs much help... And Dooku is fixable... It's not just the powers he has it's how well they synergize with each other.
  • Slushie wrote: »
    @KeithTan wrote: »
    Hey slush its pointless getting involved in the arguement. Different points of view. Theyre never gonna see it our way.

Most people just need to think about how to counter if they dont hv the character. Rest assured they are also farming the things they hate as they complain.

I wish to see teams run 2 taunts out of 5 or even ackbar (I actually farmed him too. Suckered by the skill called it a trap). My pvp life wld be so much easier. Im actually more concerned in meeting a maxed lumi led team. Evasion works after this update.

Yeah, I know it's kinda pointless :p

I can't wait for these people complaining about the Barriss/Dooku OP characters to finally unlock them after farming for ages only to realise they aren't actually OP at all when they get to use them.

I too was a sucker for Ackbar :( Thought the speed leadership he had would be good (this was back in beta) but he's pretty useless right now.

Yea the fanboy in me picked ackbar over sid in beta :(.
  • AfterDark
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Funny thing is that i keep battling this lvl 52 on my server that has a 7* Barriss :dizzy:
    He sits currently on 19287 power at lvl 52 so you can only imagine he fun it is :wink:

Dont get me the wrong way, i love the challange he brings with his team.
    And even tho they are high starred, i dont find it OP, its challanging and fun to snipe his #1 place :smiley:
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    You started the post about nerf herding , then said said you personally saw nothing wrong just expressing oppressed peoples rage, now your surprised nothing may change....

Are you Donald trump ???? Cause your all over this issue .... I can't tell if you are stoking the flame just cause or that you have a real interest

As your a soft launcher you know these chars are not op so why propagate the myth and instead of a post on changes do what JSA and others are doing and trying to educate players what is really op and how to play and that these are expensive packs that are designed to be good but not op unless you are brand new

Old Ben , cad bane, dearth sidious, all pose worse issues in top game

You might be a little mistaken here, I started the post with a title that suggests at "giving ideas on what is a fair change since the nerf is coming anyway", because we all did believe it's coming since EA_Jesse brought it up in [Bugs and Issue].

Following, in my first post I brought up "While we can't stop it from coming, here's what I think would be fair to those suffering from their perceived 'OPness' and those who bought/farmed them". From which, I gave my own idea on what I think would be a fair change (and many actually believed otherwise, which is totally fine, my ideas are far from perfect anyway, which is why this thread is started to collect all ideas)

And when EA_Jesse replied to this thread, saying that there might actually be no changes even though it was identified as an 'issue', that of course surprised me, we all thought there would be one didn't we? At least I really did.

And lastly, I did not propagate any myth (I used the term 'perceived OPness' afterall, I myself find it rather hilarious so many can't handle Barriss, but I can't use my own experience to judge others, so let them have a say too). Therefore this thread is opened to everyone, both of those who want her nerfed and those who want her to remain, to give their ideas and possible solution to it. Which some did, some believed her to fine, but proposed a small HP nerf since others can't seem to deal with Barriss etc.

In fact not even Old ben, darth sidious or even cad bane is even OP in anyway from my perspective lol. And I'm not even one of those guys that dropped a hundred bucks. But that's your view of it and my views, you are definitely entitled to voicing them, if you want a discussion on how to counter these 3 guys, do start another discussion and both others and I are sure to give you some ideas to work around them as well.

To be fair, as you stated here, you started this thread with "Since they are going to nerf Dooku and Barriss anyway, we can give ideas on what we think is fair" and following that "Now we all know the nerf hammer is coming" and "While we can't stop it from coming, here's what I think would be fair to those suffering from their perceived 'OPness' and those who bought/farmed them".

That is more than just giving ideas, you are framing this whole point and conversation as it WILL happen (which I disagree that any changes need to happen), not just your opinion on what would be fair changes. To me it does seem to "propagate any myth" when it's set up like this.
  • Zinf wrote: »
    To be fair, as you stated here, you started this thread with "Since they are going to nerf Dooku and Barriss anyway, we can give ideas on what we think is fair" and following that "Now we all know the nerf hammer is coming" and "While we can't stop it from coming, here's what I think would be fair to those suffering from their perceived 'OPness' and those who bought/farmed them".

That is more than just giving ideas, you are framing this whole point and conversation as it WILL happen (which I disagree that any changes need to happen), not just your opinion on what would be fair changes. To me it does seem to "propagate any myth" when it's set up like this.

I apologize for my poor choice of words. It certainly was not my intention to give people that idea that I was out to propagate a myth that changes will happen. I was led to believe so when EA_Jesse identified it as an issue, I shouldn't have assumed about the situation back then.

However I was glad this thread went the way I hoped it did and brought to light the community's views about the situation (nerfing of 2 said characters). EA_Jesse was also quick to respond that they are appreciating the feedback and that nerfs (if that's how it is spelt) are not a guarantee but part of their consideration.
  • SeroZero is fine. I was not certain that they would nerf but I thought it looks equally likely that they would. It seems that EA listens, a good thing to know.
This discussion has been closed.