GAME UPDATE - 1/14/2016

15678911Next

Replies

• Hi,
    since the new GW is introduced, it's no fun to me anymore. I just finished 2/10 for Darth-Vader-shards.
    And I'm quite shure that I'm not going to add any.
    With the old system, you could have acted like a sports-trainer/manager. Retreat to get an exhausted player out and bring a fresh one in.
    Now it is "try ten times" and get all characters killed. Bring in new team and try again.

I think EAs aim is to get the players to farm a lot of characters and bring them to high levels to compete in GW. Which means that you have to buy cristals for real money.
  • The real problem for anyone not at max level is that the level of teams we are facing is outrageous. I have 2 accounts on 2 separate devices. My pay account is 63 and is able to complete GW without issue. I do face some strong teams around the 6-8 fight range, but if I adjust my team accordingly (as I assume is intended) I make it through. I did have to face a full team of 7* 65s today, but managed to clear it without losing anyone.

My FTP account however is completely screwed. I am level 45. My big characters are a 4* Boba, which I pulled from Bronzium and Lumi and Sid. Today in the 5th fight I was going against a team comprised of mostly 6*s and who's lead was Phasma and they were 50. I clear that fight losing 7 team members and my next fight is against a level 52 team. 7 LEVELS? really? I think the bigger issue is the match-up system more than the retreat issue. I've seen multiple posts calling out this issue. Please fix this, it is completely unfair and I can see how lower level FTP people are calling it quits.

Jamison
  • EA always finds a way to f*ck up something good
  • Varrus
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    My characters are resurrecting with debuffs. Killing the opposing leader doesn't stop their buff to the team. The match ups dont match. It went from partisan style legitmate fun to shuffle your team till the predertimined moves line up in a way to allow you to barely survive till round 10. This is long boring unrewarding trash and needs to revert, I haven't beaten a GW since the update. For people who are coming up in the game they're fighting people raised in the old system and even the ftp have had a significant advantage in terms of mats, gems, credits, droids etc from the final few rounds. The only thing wrong with the old system was the buff/debuff loss on retreat.
    Post edited by Varrus on
  • What about super over measure shades that we have received after completed 7 stars? What we will do with them? We can make a trade to another character or you will start to increase his power unlimited?
  • I thought that the bug which allows Barriss Offee to ignore healing immunity was supposed to have been fixed. Can't express how many battles and galactic wars would have had a different outcome. This is crazy to not be able to use abilities because they mean nothing when an opponent has her.

Have you ever even watched what happens when she uses her special when someone's immunity dehuff is applied? The equalization gets applied to all but the subsequent heal is not applied to the chars with the debuff... it is working as it should.
  • Description of the update:
    - Credit Droids will no longer drop from daily login rewards or challenges, they will instead be replaced with their credit equivalent.

Reality:
    - Credit Droids will no longer drop from daily login rewards or challenges, they will instead be replaced with their credit value divided by 3 approximately.

That's a huge difference. It's not the same value.
  • Gerkotto
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I hit lvl 65 yesterday and I discovered a bug in key cards battles. On lvl 65 u unlock tier 2 fights but for credits u get 20k credits less and same amount of training droids
    Post edited by Gerkotto on
  • Kevin_Green
    118 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Haha, it's amusing to watch people scream, whine and throw around threats of leaving the game (because yes, so many folks give a **** about that) over the GW change as if they were entitled to clearing the table every single day. They weren't. No one was.

I haven't finished Galactic War a single time as I have never used retreat "strategy" (read: loophole). Firstly, because I hit that button just a couple of times and was actually surprised it let me out immediately without any extra turns or anything else. Even if I got to know it helps great deal I might have not use it.

So yeah, I'll be waiting till I get more characters to throw into the battle (my Dark and Light squads still consist of 4 relatively strong units each and my Arena ambitions are usually revolving around sniping top 200 spot) and hope for luckier rolls in the meantime.

Something changed? Adapt! (got this from some online browser game)

Кевин Грин

Edit: apparently, nmad is too strong a word. Who would have thought...

Edit2: apparently, editing the post circumvents auto asterisk function. ****!
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • Saying the new retreat in GW is "fair" is total bull. "fair" implies that it isn't equal for all players, but all players were equally able to use the old retreat to use strategy to win GW giving the force close option for a different strategy. Now the GW makes me want to quit the game completely after spending way way more than I'm willing to admit on a mobile game. I could just barely make through the GW before, now I can't. Allowing the player to be on the same playing field as the computer was fair. They kill our leader we lose that ability, we kill their leader they lose it as well. Now the computer has a distinct advantage over the player making it decidedly unfair to the players with the new retreat. After spending over 1k on the game with an expectation that my money would spent on trying to carve out a little enjoyment in a stress filled life I feel cheated and robbed. This game now adds to my stress and gives no enjoyment.
  • "They kill our leader we lose that ability, we kill their leader they lose it as well. Now the computer has a distinct advantage over the player making it decidedly unfair to the players with the new retreat."

What? New retreat lets you revive your leader again and again unlike the old one. Unless I'm missing something again.

By the way, cleared GW for the first time today. Easier opponents, better skilled Lumi and Asajj, a couple retreats. Still, went into the final battle (58 lvl vs 63) with two folks in the yellow and healing on recharge while the enemies got barely tickled by the suicide squad. Reshuffled once. Lucky rolls.

Now, are THESE the rewards the whole fuss is about? They are like meh, but I can see where some folks got 6-7* Lumi.
    Say no to bugs! Geonosian ones
  • murton09 wrote: »
    Terminex wrote: »
    How does EA get away with updating this game outside of the Play Store? Updating apps outside of the Play Store is against Google Play policies.

"An app downloaded from Google Play may not modify, replace or update its own APK binary code using any method other than Google Play’s update mechanism" - excerpt from: https://play.google.com/about/developer-content-policy.html.

Is this app just a browser, and all the content is web-based?

Guess you don't understand the difference between client and server side updates.

I'm an IT professional of 10+ years, working for a company with over 75,000 employees. I understand the difference between client and server-side updates broseph. I was just trying to bring attention to the fact that this game is the only game on my device that can add new content without a transparent update process through the Play Store.
  • Drekulviin wrote: »
    At some point I had two accounts with around 10 levels difference between them and at some point my lower account had to face full level 60 purple team and got decimated with 3 nodes left ..at this time that account was level 54 and it happen a few times , that's why l left that account ...so before you think that everyone's a whiner know this ....some have harder server or fight than others. We are not all on the same server !

Did you have two accounts on the same device or different devices cuz I wanted to set up a second account on my tablet but I don't know how to get that to work the last time I tried it I ended up losing 40 some odd levels and starting over
  • Will you CG guys please stop nerfing GW?

First, you turned retreat from the fun and strategic "sports coach" mode into the boring and repetitive "Grounhog day" mode.

Now, you make us pay for refreshing the shipments. I have Luminara 7* and Phasma almost 7*, too. But I'm sorry for all those new players who will now have to spend months to catch up on the rest.

Keycard battles are in urgent need of a revamp and you haven't touched them. So please, stop nerfing the best mode you used to have and start working on what's wrong in the game.
  • A few days now since the change to GW retreat. I actually don't mind the new button functionality but it comes at a price. You have to have a deep roster to use some fodder characters. The frustrating problem with GW is the opposition. While the opponents player lvl may only be 2 higher than mine, the gear lvl & star rank is a huge difference. It seems to start often at battle 8, my team of one 7*, one 6*, & the rest at 5* (all lvl 65 currently) just can't compete with all lvl 67 epic gear 7* characters. Cycling thru different combinations to get a different "roll" has taken @2 hours & I simply don't have that much time. I'm already spending @90 minutes / day on this game - I can't add 2 hours for GW. EA please lower the difficulty to GW.
    I'd like to finish GW every day to keep up with the Jones' but I just can't.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Bon_El wrote: »
    The frustrating problem with GW is the opposition. While the opponents player lvl may only be 2 higher than mine, the gear lvl & star rank is a huge difference. It seems to start often at battle 8, my team of one 7*, one 6*, & the rest at 5* (all lvl 65 currently) just can't compete with all lvl 67 epic gear 7* characters.

Exactly.

With the "old" retreat you could heal a character in a later battle, by changing him in when 3 or 4 of the opponent's characters are killed. Today, I just finished GWs 4th battle. My Jedi Counsellor (or whatever he may be called in the english version) went down to a few red bricks. He will immediately be killed in the next battle, if I'm taking him with me, leaving me to fight 5 opponent characters with just 4 of mine.
    OR I'm leaving him and take another character to battle - which means, I cannot heal him at all.
    He's definitely out of today's GW. Don't like this.

This discussion has been closed.